The online racing simulator
OK when i start a race with the CSM, at the end of the first straight i'm on, i break to 3rd gear, get the breaks squeeling, then my FPS goes to 3 and i get a blue screen of death...

Any ideas ?
Quote from Rtsbasic :Not sure if its been mentioned before, but I get an annoying sound loop play when I have the pit speed limiter on and I reach it. In some cars it sound a bit like a crap gun going off

That's the sound of the rev limiter!!
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
Are we ever going to see tire screeching added to CSR so we can totally get rid of any sound directly from LFS? I hate to have to balance everything for every car =P
Nard,

If you follow this link
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=233357#post233357

you'll find DaveWS's tire sounds collection. Just copy over the original sounds in data/snd folder (backup first)- these new sounds are a bit louder, a bit more aggressive, and imo fit CSR well. Just a suggestion...
Quote from HurleyBoy :Anyone know how?

First open CSR.
Then press CTRL-ALT-DEL so you get the Windows Task Manager.
On the processes tab there should be a CSR.exe running.
Right-click it and "set priority" to "high".
does this sounds remixer work for the demo cars?
yes, all the demo cars are included in the sound pack.
yamakawa XD - AWESOME APPLICATION - XD
Thank you so much. I got it working. No problems. I read the readme -clicked the user buttons - raised a priority - so it worked great. Too easy. Too good. This app. should be banned. Its just too good.

Strange how I'm driving faster now. It must be the FXR soundfiles/dat files that I put into the XRT folder vroom ! (BTW: you should *tune* the engine if you attempt this)

Thanks to DaveWS for input to. Nice work.
why via batch file, starting csr doesnt read the last used parameter (user files thingie) but when clicking it via icon on windows it does? man i wish this thing supported command args. nice app would become more usable. i could have a hotlap loader batch with it included... alt tabbing everytime is not desirable.
Quote from KiDCoDEa :why via batch file, starting csr doesnt read the last used parameter (user files thingie) but when clicking it via icon on windows it does? man i wish this thing supported command args. nice app would become more usable. i could have a hotlap loader batch with it included... alt tabbing everytime is not desirable.

Strange ... my batch file works. I dont have to re-instate the user files button. I close my CSR with the Drop down button enabled, ie: showing all the available sounds togles. Maybe thats it.
My batch file however, changes the the current working directory. Maybe try that. (See my first line in the .bat file)

My batch file looks like this.
(BTW: LFS folder is on my desktop, lol, 'cause I use it everyday )

---
cd c:/DocsSettings/user/deskto.....blah...blah/LFS/CSR/
start/AboveNormal CSR.exe
---

The AboveNormal is only because my sound lags a little without it. Use Normal if you dont need to rasie a priority for your system.
Remember: I close CSR with the Sound Toggles Showing. Ready for next time. And the Car has to be loaded in LFS before CSR "knows" what config to load.

Hope this helps you out.

-------------------------
edit:
Ok I checked this out. I tired a batch file that didnt change the directory with the "cd" command. It did what you described. CSR is trying to run from the wrong directory, so all your user files are lost.... Anyway. I'll show you what to put in your batch file..using #428 as the example..

@echo off
cd CSR
start CSR.exe
pause
cd..
start LFS.exe
exit

The bold text indicates where the batch file is changing the current working directory. Subsitute your own CSR directory name if required. If you need to run CSR in a higher priority mode, becasue of sound lag, replace this line:
start CSR.exe
replace with:
start/AboveNormal CSR.exe
or
start/High CSR.exe
(which ever one your system requires)

If you do not want to start LFS automatically then remove everything after & including the "pause" command.
First off:

Thanks JasonJ, now I can start CSR, MouseLook, AND LFS in pretty much one click and one keypress.

Also, thanks Electrik Kar, now I can actually hear the tire screeching. I had reverted to not using CSR cause it hindered my driving...

Now everything's fixed!
would love it if some1 used the audi s1 engine sound too use with FXR
omg
i cant find the file to copy the read me to???
JasonJ: Hey you bought S2! Now prepare to never be bored until you die.
I just tried it...gives a lot of car feeling (hell, I could even drive a Formula V8 agressively - I felt how it went....)
and now there is only one statement for me - I'll Shit a crankshaft if that's not one of the best mods for the game!
Quote from squidhead :I just tried it...gives a lot of car feeling (hell, I could even drive a Formula V8 agressively - I felt how it went....)
and now there is only one statement for me - I'll Shit a crankshaft if that's not one of the best mods for the game!

Yeah that´s exactly what also happened to me the first time. I´ve tried it on the Formula XR and what happened? First of all I´ve broke my PB on Bl1 by 1 s and second thing was that I burnt out the tyres by being too aggressive
I cant get this mod to work.. i have visual basic and the sound remixer.. i have edited my cfg file.. i dont know whats wrong. which patch do i need?

and i have s2
<----------

AFAIK you need T6+, so it should be fine with U
and no, you don't have S2, at least you didn't log in with your account illepall
what is T6+ ?
Problem with sound :/
Hey guys, i have a problem with sound that i cant solve it. I have been searching on forum if anyone have the same problem than me but i dnt find anything :/.

The problem is: when the revolutions increase or decrease the sound of engine sounds really bad; with "interferences". Before, i was using old versions of CSR (ESM001,002, etc...) and i hadn't this problem. Now, it happens with all the cars.
I dont know any solution... if anyone know how to solve it please help me.
I'm using U30 & the last version of CSR (0.31).

Thanks beforehand! (& srry for me english, im learning :P)
does version U work?
i'm not. I have version U demo but the sounds of the demo cars don't change

LFS CARSOUND ReMixer
(826 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG