The online racing simulator
tried the ferrari sounds with the RAC. adjusted it a little and it sounds awesome. Feels like a little ferrari now

Still needs a little tweaking
Quote from DaveWS :Err has anyone tried my V8 F1 sounds yet? Can I have some feedback?

P.S. The original .dat user file is not as good as the one I posted later.

all is good.

samples sound amazing dave. thanks.
User files, then upload em to the right parts in the editor
Quote from Turner89 :Yes i know that but he said he was using the sounds I made just without the shift sounds! But I didnt add any shift sounds!

There were some shift sounds, probably from the FZR.. I also wondered why i hear the shift sounds, and in your LX6.mp3 there aren't any... so they probably left from the FZR or something..
Ye they must have been in your lx6 user folder already!

XaidOn just wondering where did you get your sound samples for the XFR?
I have another suggestion. Can we have the "User"-box on by default? I'd like to start the remixer via a batchfile, but I always have to tick the box before I can use my own gearbox sounds.

Vain
And also the possibility to have multiple soundsets for one car
where the DAT file supposed to go?
In the folder for the car you want to use it for!
i guess im using an old version then.. cause there's no DAT files in the other folders.. XRT and FZR.. :/
Quote from Phill :i guess im using an old version then.. cause there's no DAT files in the other folders.. XRT and FZR.. :/

There are no dat files because there is no "profile" for those cars yet. Which means that you need to one for yourself, the dat file just includes the settings for the profile.
Erm, the samples are good but I think based on that video the sound blending needs serious work. Ill see if I can sort it out.
Ok I said I would try and sort out the sound blending problems so here goes.

1. This user file is for use with Quint999's samples of the FXR with F360 sounds.

2. This user file is for use with hrtburnout's samples of the LX6 with GTR2 M3 sounds.

Replace the original .dat files with mine. Ill do some more soon if needed. As ever they will work (together with the correct samples) with any car. vbmenu_register("postmenu_233558", true); vbmenu_register("postmenu_233661", true);
Attached files
FXR (f360).zip - 229 B - 619 views
LX6 M3.zip - 193 B - 610 views
What I mean is that where the samples are blending together, the frequencies are not very well matched. So you get this overlapping multiple pitched engine noise. I have "tried" to match the frequencies better but it is difficult to get perfect. If you try the user file which I made you may notice the difference.
Ok here is an improved user file with better blending for Turner89's sample's for the LX6.

Again simply replace the original .dat file with this one.

P.S. Those are really good samples you got, Turner89.
Attached files
LX6.zip - 191 B - 632 views
Thanks I found them on the internet and i think they are samples of an old alfa gta for GTL or sumthin like. Trying your new .dat now!

OK I tryed your new .dat file and it sounds good. The Idle and the low rev sounds much better than mine and much louder for sum reason with mine you cant even hear the engine idling and yours sounds smoother. But I rather the mid to high rev sound of mine theres a bit more grunt I think.
can someone put together something for the xrr?
Quote from Gabkicks :can someone put together something for the xrr?

Hmm not quite sure what something like that would sound like and dont really drive it. Can you think of something that would sound similar or find a video on youtube/google maybe? That car has a rather small engine and big turbo right?
http://www.kolumbus.fi/kim.karppanen/lfs.avi
XRR video
This is just a test. This is done with a trick so it doesn't sound right if not driven properly so i wont give the files for this. Engine isn't correct but its there only to test the blow off sound.
Never really written here and didn't even really play LFS until we got this great tool.
About XRR sounds, omg I'm so trying to get it sound good but it still lacks a lot at 6000 rpms and the throttle off sounds are just horrible. But I'm getting there, very very very slowly lol
Quote from DaveWS :Ok I said I would try and sort out the sound blending problems so here goes.

1. This user file is for use with Quint999's samples of the FXR with F360 sounds.

2. This user file is for use with hrtburnout's samples of the LX6 with GTR2 M3 sounds.

Replace the original .dat files with mine. Ill do some more soon if needed. As ever they will work (together with the correct samples) with any car. vbmenu_register("postmenu_233558", true); vbmenu_register("postmenu_233661", true);

Thank you for improving my sounds without asking me..

Just kiddin ' I'll have a look at them later today
Quote from Quint999 :yes and no

problem is the sound especially at top hits 8000 rpm well before it sounds like its hit peak power now, which makes it feel a little flat and starved & hence end up overrevving etc .. which was why i did the frequencies like that in the 1st place

i even pitched them up in goldwave before releasing them, but your dat in effect cancels that out..

Ok Ill change the .dat file some time this afternoon, to up the noise and frequency a bit like you did.

P.S. I am not trying to take credit for the engine sounds, which is why I have quoted the person who originally made them.

LFS CARSOUND ReMixer
(826 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG