The online racing simulator
Quote from skstibi :I have to say..........
I AM NOT GOING TO PAY 10EUROS JUST TO GET THE FILE!!!!illepall
Here is what I use when I have my website down for repair. It is easy and FREE
http://uploadhosted.filefront.com/

I am not a big fan of RapidShare either, but you don't have to pay anything to download. Just choose the Free download and wait 65 seconds and you can download the file.
Quote from geeman1 :I am not a big fan of RapidShare either, but you don't have to pay anything to download. Just choose the Free download and wait 65 seconds and you can download the file.

Yea im not big fan too, Synthetic is uploading it to filefront now

Quote from Jakg :Right - has anyone had any success getting this to work with LFS Compainion (LFSC), as i cannot get it to work (and please dont reply with "OMG TEH NOOB, just type the ports in", i need somone who actually got it working as no matter how hard i work it just won't go!

I would like to have LFSC working with LFSCSR too, but i dunno how it works, i hope you or someone els will find out so you can tell me
I got it to work with LFS companion and I think all i did was click on "new outgauge relay on" and type in 35555 as the port number and hey presto it worked for me! Oh and make sure the outgauge relay shows as active aswell hehe!
Quote from geeman1 :I am not a big fan of RapidShare either, but you don't have to pay anything to download. Just choose the Free download and wait 65 seconds and you can download the file.

Hmmm, odd. I waited for the countdown but nothing happened. Downloading from filefront now
Quote from S0ul :So,i tried to add carsounds to every car as well,but im not too happy with them yet.Please watch this video and tell me what is wrong with them,since i dont know what i should change. Enjoy and leave comments
http://rapidshare.de/files/36241716/Carsound_Preview.wmv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7ypHrYDN9c
S0ul

Most of the samples you found were pretty good. However I am not sure all of the sounds matched the car they were used for, and yeah the pitch does not really match the engine revs on a few of them. If you try adjust the offset and range settings, to match the pitch of the real car sound in LFS i.e. turn up the LFS carsound volume to make a comparison and go from there.
Quote from skstibi :Here is what my FO8 sounds like . I am still working on it but.... I don't know what else it might need.
This was done at the drag strip.
The first part was it at an idle and launching off the line. (shifts made at shift lights)
Then I did the return road with shifting a little after the shift lights.
Next I went half way down the strip doing powershifts right around the shift light.
Last I Shifted at the max RPM and then downshifted a little past the maximum.

Tell me what you think. If you think they are fine "as is" I will put them on here.

http://files.filefront.com//;6002751;;/

[edit] Well, I am having techinal problems. Other cars will be posted on this post soon.

HERE ARE MORE!!
The RAC. well I am sure you can figure out what I did for sample shifting
http://files.filefront.com/RAC ... /;6002970;;/fileinfo.html

The LX6 test run. Sounds like the RPM is about right (sounds like 10,000 RPM to me):
http://files.filefront.com/LX6 ... /;6002968;;/fileinfo.html

THE FZR. Well, I don't know if I want to keep this sound on this car. Tell me what ya think:
http://files.filefront.com/FZR ... /;6002967;;/fileinfo.html

Here is one of many sound samples that have no car. I tested this on the LX6, Just an example of what I have.:
http://files.filefront.com/Sou ... /;6002972;;/fileinfo.html

Again, some of the samples are really good. However the pitch (offset and range - see my previous post for tips)

And, again the sounds don't always match the car, for example, the LX6 you made sounds like a castrated screaming dodge viper. E.g. a high pitch V10 engine rather than an Inline 6.

P.S. That RAC sounds like the original BF1 V10 sounds lowered???
Quote from DaveWS :Again, some of the samples are really good. However the pitch (offset and range - see my previous post for tips)

And, again the sounds don't always match the car, for example, the LX6 you made sounds like a castrated screaming dodge viper. E.g. a high pitch V10 engine rather than an Inline 6.

P.S. That RAC sounds like the original BF1 V10 sounds lowered???

GOOD GAWD!!!!:jawdrop: You guessed it 100% correct. Congrats:thumbsup3
I am still working on them.
I know My sound samples suck. I am trying to make some. Searching for in-line 4 and 6 Cylinder engine sounds. Next is Flat 4 and 6.

P.S. What is up with NO V design engines They are all in-line or flat

Edit: Can you guess what the other ones are from?
For now, the only sound that is worth it is Turner 89's LX6 sound.. and Yamakawa's FZR.. Come on guys, bring them on, i would, but i don't know how..
Well, I am experimenting with creating sound samples from complete audio clips. I took high quality Audio from a dyno run cut it up and now I am making a sounds sample.
Now the problem is what am I going to do with a Cadilac V8 Sound clip?

P.S Any tips on how to make good sound clips would be helpful
Id like to know what program you guys are using to create users files...
We are using yamakawa's CSR program!

http://www.k5.dion.ne.jp/~yama-p/help_eng.html This link shows you how to use it. Make sure you have the latest patch.

To make a user file just click on the car in the user option, and a new file will be created. To edit it just select the car that you are using.

To use any of the samples, just paste the files (samples and the user file) into the User data/car (i think), and make sure that the user box is ticked in CSR.
I've just had a go at trying to change the sounds for the FZ50 but no matter what sound samples I use or how I change the frequency the sounds don't blend properly when accelerating. There's no problem decellerating at all work's fine. And also I don't know if anyone else has noticed but when ever I close LFS after using this car there are still sounds playing in the background, It doesnt happen in any other car and only stops when I close CSR so I think there may be a problem with the coding or whatever for the FZ50. I can record the audio if you would like it may help explain!
Quote from Turner89 :I've just had a go at trying to change the sounds for the FZ50 but no matter what sound samples I use or how I change the frequency the sounds don't blend properly when accelerating. There's no problem decellerating at all work's fine. And also I don't know if anyone else has noticed but when ever I close LFS after using this car there are still sounds playing in the background, It doesnt happen in any other car and only stops when I close CSR so I think there may be a problem with the coding or whatever for the FZ50. I can record the audio if you would like it may help explain!

I have not had that problem before.

I don't want to sound like a big head here, but do you want to post the samples and ill see if I can get them to blend together better?

Also, I would like to edit your LX6 sounds in goldwave to make them more beefy / grunty, and do I have permission to post them later? Ill say they were your samples I used.
Well the thing is they sound blended fine when you scroll the mouse over the bar in CSR understand? lol but not in lfs at all but the decellerating sounds perfectly fine! Ye knock yourself out I dont mind at all but what I would really like is if you could take out the kind of hissing sound in the background (If its possible I dont know) or do I only notice that hehe!
Just want to say that this is some great stuff you guys are doing
Quote from Turner89 :I've just had a go at trying to change the sounds for the FZ50 but no matter what sound samples I use or how I change the frequency the sounds don't blend properly when accelerating. There's no problem decellerating at all work's fine. And also I don't know if anyone else has noticed but when ever I close LFS after using this car there are still sounds playing in the background, It doesnt happen in any other car and only stops when I close CSR so I think there may be a problem with the coding or whatever for the FZ50. I can record the audio if you would like it may help explain!

I had a go fiddling with sound for the FZ50 and found that if Traction Control is on weird shit is happening? Sound is all messed up. But if you turn Traction Control off, its ok?
Hi, I have a suggestion:

As some people are now able to creat sounds from a video, that means they can have as many samples as they want.
So would it be possible to implement something which lets you have a little but more than 4 samples for the engine and maybe also for the gear box?
Quote from DaveWS :
Also, I would like to edit your LX6 sounds in goldwave to make them more beefy / grunty, and do I have permission to post them later? Ill say they were your samples I used.

Yes, please do.. they are great samples, and it sounds even better with someone else's DAT file(forgot who posted that) but it has lost the grunt of the Turner's version, but it is much cleaner.. It would be great if you could make it gruntier and at the same time smooth as in that other DAT that is posted.. I think we could have the perfect sounding caterham with these Turner's samples, just needs some fidling..
Ok I've recorded the problem I'm having to help explain whats going on.
The LFS off sound file is what I hear when i've turned off LFS after using the FZ50 but still got CSR running.
The sound in CSR file is what I hear when running my mouse over the bar in CSR, it sounds fine not great because it needs work but ok.
The sound in LFS file is what I hear when driving the FZ50 in LFS it just sounds completely weird no matter what I do.
Attached files
LFS off.rar - 311.9 KB - 425 views
sound in LFS.rar - 1 MB - 464 views
Sound in CSR.rar - 982.5 KB - 453 views
I wish you could adjust the overlap of the wav's or ranges...since they overlap so much, it sounds weird sometimes..you can kinda hear that old wav file in a way with the new one for about 500-1000 rpm's...plus if you could adjust the overlap, you could actually emulate sounds like variable intake manifolds switching over or hi-cam switching...
I think that what the problem here is that the throttle on sounds are not matched in pitch with the throttle off sound.

In CSR editor, click in the on sound bar thingy, and see if the pitch matches the off sound bar thingy.

If its not matching then the pitch will be all over the place when pushing / lifting the throttle in LFS.
I have a problem with this super program. The sound is always late, comes about 2 seconds later.
Yamakawa wrote that sound lag must be set to 0.10. I have done that, but the sound is still late.
In the readme he wrote that the priority of sound should be raised in the task manager, but I dont know how to do this.

Hope somebody can help me.
Thanks, Pmax |Töki
First press ALT - CTRL - DEL, then look at the attatched image.
Attached images
Change Priority.jpg
Quote from DaveWS :I think that what the problem here is that the throttle on sounds are not matched in pitch with the throttle off sound.

In CSR editor, click in the on sound bar thingy, and see if the pitch matches the off sound bar thingy.

If its not matching then the pitch will be all over the place when pushing / lifting the throttle in LFS.

That can't be what the problem is because it does the exact same thing if I use the sounds from the FZR that yamakawa made! And i've tried a fresh install of CSR with no luck. Also I even tried LFS and CSR on my laptop and everything i've said is exactly the same on there. So i don't see how im the only one having ths problem baffles me lol!! illepall

LFS CARSOUND ReMixer
(826 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG