The online racing simulator
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :and for those who havent GTR2 u could make a zip and upload the files

Yes, good plan, please.

Quote from tiagolapa :LFS Car engine volume option seams to act like master volume when i turn it down, skids and crash sounds go down too
Anyone else with the same problem??

Yes, this is an issue with LFS itself. You'll just have to balance the volumes for now.

---------

Great work Yamakawa, cheers for the editor
Quote from Quint999 :any chance of posting the .dat file that youve created , save me a job

+1, and the samples with that please
I am at work now, so i can't try out this remixer.. can anyone tell me is it possible to change those other sounds like gear change, upshifts, downshifts for the other cars except FZR and BF1? Only FZR and BF1 are totally changed, including the engine right? but on other cars i can changde those aditional sounds?
Quote from Boris Lozac :I am at work now, so i can't try out this remixer.. can anyone tell me is it possible to change those other sounds like gear change, upshifts, downshifts for the other cars except FZR and BF1? Only FZR and BF1 are totally changed, including the engine right? but on other cars i can changde those aditional sounds?

Yes you can do that. Only Turbo in XRT i cant add any sound
But the major problem is LFS sound options. If we could just turn off only engine sound
Quote from tiagolapa :Yes you can do that. Only Turbo in XRT i cant add any sound
But the major problem is LFS sound options. If we could just turn off only engine sound

Hm, do you mean, i have to add some custom sound for the other cars, or are they included in the remixer?
The original package only contains sounds for FZR and BF1 due to the early development stage. However, you can create your own sound-sets by either adding new samples and configuring them to work for other cars or by reusing the already existing sounds.

I created gearbox-whine for the XRT from the FZR sounds, but it doesn't really work because of the error in the program I spoke about earlier.

Vain
This is a great addition to LFS considering the sound at the moment is a bit crap, thanks!
I've had a bit of a play around with some sounds for the XFR and to me it sounds alright could do with a bit more work though, please tell me what you think and if anyone would like the files then i'll send them to you!
Attached files
xfr soundtest.rar - 1.4 MB - 1018 views
I just recognized today that its unbelievably easy to create own sounds!Now i got custom sounds for 10 cars!Some need a little tweaking but they sound great,no matter what you do with them^^
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :and for those who havent GTR2 u could make a zip and upload the files

Here you go - Its not exactly realistic (unless the fxr has a 7.0L V8 ) but it sounds pretty nice!

unzip to the 'user files' folder

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3SU712CB

edit: turn up the mix volume to 20
Quote from tiagolapa :LFS Car engine volume option seams to act like master volume when i turn it down, skids and crash sounds go down too
Anyone else with the same problem??

Hi!

I just thought about this problem and i think if someone would double the volume of the skid and crash sounds then we would be able to turn the engine volume down to a minimum and still hear the skidding and crashing.

Don't know if this is possible and i dont have a idea about sound editing. But maybe someone could give it a try.

Btw, Great work Yamakawa. This is just awesome stuff!!

Greetings EveningStar
I believe the reason you can't do that is that those sounds are generated in real time by LFS' sound engine, not sampled. There aren't any .raws or wavs that can be opened and edited. We would need a separate volume control within LFS for the skid sounds.
Quote from Dumpy :I believe the reason you can't do that is that those sounds are generated in real time by LFS' sound engine, not sampled. There aren't any .raws or wavs that can be opened and edited. We would need a separate volume control within LFS for the skid sounds.

As far as i know the skid and crash sounds are are saved in /data/snd as *.raw and are not generated in realtime. I just dont have a clue how to edit them. Maybe i'm totally wrong.

edit: in the snd folder are raws which are named: SkidRoadHeavyMajor.raw,SkidRoadHeayMinor.raw,...
i think these are the sounds which should be edited.
Quote from EveningStar :
edit: in the snd folder are raws which are named: SkidRoadHeavyMajor.raw,SkidRoadHeayMinor.raw,...
i think these are the sounds which should be edited.

Yes, these can be changed and I believe there have been modified versions of these posted in the Misc Addons, although they only replaced the existing ones with different skid sounds.
External sound suggestion
Suggestion:

Since there's no way to really calculate the distance from the camera, etc to actually modulate the sounds - how about using insim to detect if the user is using an external camera and disable the extra sounds then?
People keep questioning the volume settings to use LFS while using the Remixer. Well I found that setting the car volume slider to 2, and the skid and wind sound volume sliders to 3 works best with the remixer at its default setting of 10.
Quote from Turner89 :This is a great addition to LFS considering the sound at the moment is a bit crap, thanks!
I've had a bit of a play around with some sounds for the XFR and to me it sounds alright could do with a bit more work though, please tell me what you think and if anyone would like the files then i'll send them to you!

Can you tell me how exactly you did that? I was playing a bit with the program yesterday, but i don't know what i am doing.. Can you tell me in exact order, what i should do? I also had some strange problem with LFS yesterday, my wheel started shaking violently while i was standing, and the car didn't want to start even though the gas is working but the car is standing still, like it is in neutral.. don't know does it have something to do with remixer..? has anyone experienced this problem?
i m really enjoyed by thoses news,sounds will be cool in LFS, i waited that for a long time, i hope some people will do so cool sound for others cars, also, i prefere the sound of the BF1 tant the FZR, but the FZR sound stand better than original LFS sound, good work, really and good luck for the make of new sounds
Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!
:drink:
I think this is a big step in the lfs world!!!
i try to make an xfr sound, i use the gtr2 sounds. That sounds too hard for xfr, but its ear candy for me!
http://web.axelero.hu/kasz146/XFRSOUNDPROB1C.avi

-How can i unload the up\downshift
sounds?
-if i see the replay, or change outside wiew, the sound change to default. is this normal?
-can we change the tyre,wind etc sounds in the next version of Carsound remixer?
-how can i change the starter sound?
thx again have a good work!
Quote from Quint999 :THink ive got passed blue screening

i think my sound lag setting in LFS was too low, it was the minimum of 0.10

ive bumped to 0.20 just to be sure for the moment, might try dropping later

Backfire / Overrun seems a bit random though , does anyone know how the setting works ? Or could yamakawa give an explanation of when the program uses the sounds

Have a Ferrari 360 Powered FXR at the mo , sounds pretty good

You did the Ferrari sound? can you share it if it s the case? :
I spent a good part of 5 hours trying to make these new BF1 sounds, and I am still not happy with them. The reason for making these sounds is that the sounds which come with the carsound ReMixer are from a V10 engine, and not from this years V8.

The samples I have attatched are taken from this years BMW Sauber F1 car. Unfortately the upload limit required that I had to upload two .rar files, but you need to combine them back into the same folder for them to work. I also did not upload any shifting sounds, but you can add these later.
Attached files
BF1 2.4L V8 part 1.rar - 1.1 MB - 1019 views
BF1 2.4L V8 part 2.rar - 1.1 MB - 989 views
Is there a way to remove a file that you just imported in CSR? I mean if you assign a file to one the sounds in the CSR, and finally you don't want it anymore?
Oh all S2 licencied are friends, so private use : , please share if you can, i tried to import sound of my Astra, but the sound in LFS seems to be a Mustang SVT cobra with compressor lol, i don t understand really ^^
About the sounds, I guess the easiest way of getting lots of sound samples would be to download some mods made for ISI games, in fact I'll look into some rF mods, anyone who could suggest some good sounding mods so I don't need to download dozens of 100mb zips just for few soundfiles?

Of course making your own zip using some " rF mod sounds" and linking it here is a bit controversy, but making a simple list of what sound files to use where and where to get them would prolly be quite safe (and more honest)..

EDIT: some people who have created those mods for the various other games probably don't like it that we rip off them by making our own "sound packs". I'd rather have lists of sounds instead own "ripped soundfiles", but probably the LFSforum admins&mods tell us what is the correct procedure on this, if the need for such annoucements arise
Quote from Quint999 :still blue screening, common time seems to when bouncing on Speed Limiter / Rev limiter , have tried replacing the limiter sound incase , but didnt help

Creative Audigy2 ZS card by the way so should be able to handle this

have tried all other usual stuff, drivers, directx etc, if no one else is having problems then i guess its try a windows re-install, probably about due anyway, worth it for the sound of this ..

codec packs?
Quote from hinirags :Is there a way to remove a file that you just imported in CSR? I mean if you assign a file to one the sounds in the CSR, and finally you don't want it anymore?

if i understund u right, push a right click on F.

LFS CARSOUND ReMixer
(826 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG