The online racing simulator
Quote from neilmichaelcasey :
EDIT - Just tried the FZR - it made my system reboot - too scared to try BF1 now - lol! Anyone else had it crash computer at all? - EDIT

yes it did the same to me.
I got it working good earlier with the prioroty settings, sounds really nice.

I was wondering how I can actually get some of these sounds into other cars, like the whine would go well in all the actual racing cars, or some gear change sounds.

I had a couple of attempts at trying to get things to work but i'm hopeless and making this stuff work.

So if anyone has managed to get these done it would be apprecciated if you could post up how please, thanks.

And have we got any report on how the next car sounds are coming along?
Looking rather impressive isn't it!!!

Suggestions:
Ability to import/export car settings, so we can share the best sounding configs.
Change the word Trottle to Throttle
Remove backfire option from downshift to reverse - it wouldn't happen then because you'll be stopped/not revving when you change.

Looking good. Just hope Scawen doesn't render your work pointless by playing with the sound system before you release it!
Wow! Now that's taking this app to another level all together.
The customization options look very promising!
ooooh, that looks sweet. cant wait to play with it
#82 - Vain
So, would that customization-screen make it possible to have gearbox-whine without custom engine sound? That'd pretty much the best thing ever. (Yes, better than sliced bread!)

Vain
And also it would be great if we could add some transmission noise even for the cars which still don't have the engine sounds samples
Quote from tristancliffe :
Personally, I don't know why people can't just say "that is very good, sir" or "I am terribly sorry, sir, but I couldn't help noticing a few small oversights".

Because they aren't British?
Quote from yari :some1 told me that when u press gas, the sound comes on about 3 seconds after,basically the sounds are not in sync with the game ? can this be fixed?

i dont have the slightest delay
well actually im certain there is a delay of some sort but its not noticeable at all

Quote :.....will u add sounds for demo cars in the future? (dont flame me plz)

dont worry as long as youre not a cracking demo racer youll receive no hostility from the community
#86 - S0ul
Quote from yari :some1 told me that when u press gas, the sound comes on about 3 seconds after,basically the sounds are not in sync with the game ? can this be fixed?

.....will u add sounds for demo cars in the future? (dont flame me plz)

i looked at the source code, and wow how long did it take u? its looking great.

If you have delay,make sure you followed yamas instructions on the first page.You have to change some things in a config file to get it to work correctly

If all settings are set correctly, then maybe the computer is the problem. Tried the app at first on my notebook and thought it is some big piece of crap. Because none of the sounds fitted to the game, every sounds were delayed...

But today i tried it on my main lfs machine and it is a lot of fun It really works well...

Greets,
Warper

PS: Yep, gearwhine only would be great!
Quote from yari :ah tempatation, can't wait till this works on one of the demo cars

it would be great if we could import car engines from gran turismo or VTEC sound hahaha awesome.

You can make it with oneself before I add a new car because I added an editor newly.
awsome! allthough the bf1 settings are to high pitched imo. but i am too lazy to fool around with the settings...
Very good work, yamakawa. Thanks for sharing.
#91 - S0ul
Great News,im sooo looking forward to this one. Youre the man yamakawa^^
#92 - Vain
I worked with it a bit and have a question:
The drivetrain sounds while on the throttle work nicely and how they are supposed to work. Higher speed equals higher pitch. However, when off the throttle the gearbox behaves like an engine and suddenly the pitch of the sound depends on the revs of the engine.
From my experience with racecars I know that the pitch of the sound a gearbox produces always depends on the speed of the car and never on the revs of the engine.
Can you change that?

Otherwise it works nicely. Even if it's a bit difficult to set up and get going...

Vain
I'm looking forward to fan-sound packs... I created some by myself, but they sound awful
Hmm pages dont working ! i dont download remixer :-(

EDIT : heh problem is woth my internet setting :-)
Hi all!

This new version is really great! i have even made a sound for the UF1 based on the BF1 sound files but with much lower frequencies!
try setting the priority of csr to high and see if that helps
LFS Car engine volume option seams to act like master volume when i turn it down, skids and crash sounds go down too
Anyone else with the same problem??
For those that own GTR2 - Try the saleen sounds - still playing with the settings but it sounds awesome.
Quote from miata :For those that own GTR2 - Try the saleen sounds - still playing with the settings but it sounds awesome.

and for those who havent GTR2 u could make a zip and upload the files
Quote from Vain :I worked with it a bit and have a question:
The drivetrain sounds while on the throttle work nicely and how they are supposed to work. Higher speed equals higher pitch. However, when off the throttle the gearbox behaves like an engine and suddenly the pitch of the sound depends on the revs of the engine.
From my experience with racecars I know that the pitch of the sound a gearbox produces always depends on the speed of the car and never on the revs of the engine.
Can you change that?

Otherwise it works nicely. Even if it's a bit difficult to set up and get going...

Vain

thank you,important advice
I will change it so.
An off throttle of the drive train worried very much about whether making it to the speed. Actually though the drive train is unrelated to the rotation of the engine. but when FZR was made, seemed to have matched at that time

bug: Plz save ahead of test run.
edited data is deleted if it doesn't do so.
The change in test run doesn't delete.

Do your best though it is steady work

LFS CARSOUND ReMixer
(826 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG