The online racing simulator
Quote from miata :Here you go - Its not exactly realistic (unless the fxr has a 7.0L V8 ) but it sounds pretty nice!

unzip to the 'user files' folder

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3SU712CB

edit: turn up the mix volume to 20

Thanks a lot, indeed it is funny!
But i think i remember there was a Elise in GTR and i loved the sound, would it be possible to have these files too, please?
-
(DaveWS) DELETED by DaveWS
Here is a new user file for the BF1 V8 sounds I posted earlier. There is much better sound blending than before.

P.S. GO ALONSO!! (spose ive gotta feel sorry for schumey a bit... meh nah)
Attached files
BF1.rar - 189 B - 613 views
I've had a go at changing the sounds for the LX6. It sounds pretty good to me but theres an annoying hiss on the sound samples anyway of getting rid of it? Please tell me what you think if you like i'll send the files to you!
Attached files
lx6 soundtest.rar - 1.8 MB - 712 views
Quote from Hyperactive :About the sounds, I guess the easiest way of getting lots of sound samples would be to download some mods made for ISI games, in fact I'll look into some rF mods, anyone who could suggest some good sounding mods so I don't need to download dozens of 100mb zips just for few soundfiles?

Of course making your own zip using some " rF mod sounds" and linking it here is a bit controversy, but making a simple list of what sound files to use where and where to get them would prolly be quite safe (and more honest)..

EDIT: some people who have created those mods for the various other games probably don't like it that we rip off them by making our own "sound packs". I'd rather have lists of sounds instead own "ripped soundfiles", but probably the LFSforum admins&mods tell us what is the correct procedure on this, if the need for such annoucements arise

Theres tons of single car downloads for the sim called "Racer". these cars also use samples so that would probably work AND with that many cars it might be possible to find one thats very similar to the counterpart in LFS
Quote from Sp3cTr3 :Theres tons of single car downloads for the sim called "Racer". these cars also use samples so that would probably work AND with that many cars it might be possible to find one thats very similar to the counterpart in LFS

Sorry plain offtopic, but while I was searching for sound I came across this, the creator claims it to be a supercar. I laughed, aloud
http://forum.rscnet.org/attach ... id=32584&d=1037494550

Thanks for the tip, looking for some meaty Porsche sounds and maybe something else for XRR too
The Racer forums eh? It's the famous telephone "super"car . Try the M3_ sounds from GTR2 for the LX6, they really fit the LX6 well. I'd like to share them but I don't know if i'm allowed to.

edit: Everyone's posting their sounds, so here are mine:
edit#2: RAR Archive is too big, damnit
edit#3: Trying Rapidshare now, here are my sounds Clicky!
Erik :@ you know i cant use rapidshare :/
I'm looking at the files at http://www.rfactorcentral.com and it seems that they are all *.exe files. I guess it means that you need to have rfactor to get those files, because of the installers :/
Quote from Turner89 :I've had a go at changing the sounds for the LX6. It sounds pretty good to me but theres an annoying hiss on the sound samples anyway of getting rid of it? Please tell me what you think if you like i'll send the files to you!

Can you please send me(or tell me) how to only make those upsifht and downshift sounds? I would apreciate it..
Quote from Hyperactive :I'm looking at the files at http://www.rfactorcentral.com and it seems that they are all *.exe files. I guess it means that you need to have rfactor to get those files, because of the installers :/

You can install it to a random folder. I think all the mods i have in rfactor dont check for rfator in the instalation process
Just select "shift" in the menu of CSR, after having selected the sounds files in the user configuration.
Quote from Turner89 :I've had a go at changing the sounds for the LX6. It sounds pretty good to me but theres an annoying hiss on the sound samples anyway of getting rid of it? Please tell me what you think if you like i'll send the files to you!

It sounds great, but how come all of these test runs i downloaded have some echo sounds that sound like some mad bees.. The engine sound is great! but some other sounds is hearable in the background, i also heard it on the XFR sound someone posted. Can this be avoided? And also, Turner, can you send me yours upshift and downshift sounds..?
The shift sounds from which car?
Quote from Turner89 :The shift sounds from which car?

From this LX6 you posted.. That down shift sound is exactly the same as on real caterham..
umm sorry there is no shift sound for that I am manually pressing the throttle when i down shift thats all
Quote from Turner89 :umm sorry there is no shift sound for that I am manually pressing the throttle when i down shift thats all

Ok, than, can you send me the other files you used for creating that LX6 sounds..?
does anyone have a shift sound leaning towards a regular gearbox? The FZR shift sound is a bit brutal and sounds like a sequantal (sp?) gearbox

edit:
the LX6 GTR2 M3 sounds are great but I still want a Skyline RB26DETT engine sound or a vw vr6 engine sound
I just found some perfect Renault Alpine sounds from my old rally trophy folders, now I need some kind of audio software to cut it into smaller pieces... hmm
yes sure here you go just replace the lx6 folder in the user files folder with mine.
http://w11.easy-share.com/649524.html

Sp3ct3r if you could find some sound samples of those cars I would have a go.
Hyperactive what car are you planning to add those sounds to?
Err has anyone tried my V8 F1 sounds yet? Can I have some feedback?

P.S. The original .dat user file is not as good as the one I posted later.
Here's a litlle video i made driving the LX6 with Turner 89's sounds.. I turned off the upshift and downsift sounds only, because they don't suite the caterham.. The sound have delay in the video, because Fraps couldn't record it nicely..
Download
How do you mean you turned off the upshift and downshift sounds?
in the 'user' edit option it gives you tick boxes where you can choose to play or not to play sounds like upshift and downshift sounds and backfire etc.
Yes i know that but he said he was using the sounds I made just without the shift sounds! But I didnt add any shift sounds!
Quote from xaotik :Suggestion:
how about using insim to detect if the user is using an external camera and disable the extra sounds then?

yes,I am testing it now.I use OutSim too and want to change a drive train sound when the car body bounced.

Quote from Kaszi46 :Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!
:drink:
I think this is a big step in the lfs world!!!
i try to make an xfr sound, i use the gtr2 sounds. That sounds too hard for xfr, but its ear candy for me!
http://web.axelero.hu/kasz146/XFRSOUNDPROB1C.avi

-How can i unload the up\downshift
sounds?
-if i see the replay, or change outside wiew, the sound change to default. is this normal?
-can we change the tyre,wind etc sounds in the next version of Carsound remixer?
-how can i change the starter sound?
thx again have a good work!

You're welcome!You're welcome!You're welcome!

-How can i unload the up\downshift sounds?
i will add Right click delete in next.
Plz delete a file in User Files/car name folder. 

-if i see the replay, or change outside wiew, the sound change to default. is this normal?
i testing now...

-can we change the tyre,wind etc sounds in the next version of Carsound remixer?
maybe i can make a road noise and wind sound and break squeal sound .but tyre squeal is difficulty.

-how can i change the starter sound?
I dont use an [I] key very much, but add in editor?

XFR sound is good

Quote from Quint999 :
Backfire / Overrun seems a bit random though , does anyone know how the setting works ? Or could yamakawa give an explanation of when the program uses the sounds

Backfire is a little at random.
When RPM is high rev, and suddenly returned a throttle.
and Probability is high in shift down.
(sorry bad english )

Quote from DaveWS :Here is a new user file for the BF1 V8 sounds I posted earlier. There is much better sound blending than before.

P.S. GO ALONSO!! (spose ive gotta feel sorry for schumey a bit... meh nah)

My BF1 is little high pitch

Quote from Boris Lozac :Here's a litlle video i made driving the LX6 with Turner 89's sounds.. I turned off the upshift and downsift sounds only, because they don't suite the caterham.. The sound have delay in the video, because Fraps couldn't record it nicely..
Download

very nice!

LFS CARSOUND ReMixer
(826 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG