The online racing simulator
updated it.
strange English Help will be written tomorrow.

>James_UK
nice work!
cheers for the update m8, downloading now
Hi All,

I am having "lag" issues with this application. Its runs about 1-2 secs behind what I am actually doing in LFS ( Sound wise )

Had a look around with settings in LFS and cannot seem to cure it, where others are not having this issue?

Any ideas?

Fordie
Quote from Fordman :Hi All,

I am having "lag" issues with this application. Its runs about 1-2 secs behind what I am actually doing in LFS ( Sound wise )

Had a look around with settings in LFS and cannot seem to cure it, where others are not having this issue?

Any ideas?

Fordie

The solution is to up the priority on the CSR.EXE within Task Manager (right click it in the list of processes, Set Priority, AboveNormal).
Quote from Zero7 :The solution is to up the priority on the CSR.EXE within Task Manager (right click it in the list of processes, Set Priority, AboveNormal).

I shall give that a bash when I get home

Fordie
ohhhhhh. brake squeal
Yamakawa, I'd have an user interface improvement suggestion for you...

Now the volume slider is used by used by moving mouse. Could you change it to more casual plus and minus buttons instead? I suspect that sometimes when I play (using mouse in the LFS menu) the volume slider changes accidentally... even that CSR is running in the background. Or what else could explain this?

Also it would be much easier if you could simply write numbers to the offset/volume fields in the editor. Using mouse to that feels a bit stupid.
oooo break squeal can someone upload different break squeal examples?
Quote from Xaid0n :oooo break squeal can someone upload different break squeal examples?

I will look for some or make some

I am also trying to get to the sound files in Race Driver 3 because I wanted to use a BMW sound off of it
right then - lets wade through and get some mods!
Very nice Mod! Thank you!!

With this i can wait for S2 full lil longer
omg, this new version kicks arse. i've made a schweet XRR sound using the FXO samples included with 0.3.

Here is a 3.69mb teaser video:
http://rapidshare.de/files/37171603/XRR-CSR.wmv.htm

Don't like rapidshare? Too bad, don't complain. it was the first free upload site that came to mind.
Tell me what ya think of it and i'll make any changes to make it even better.
Oh, and i've already turned down the turbo BOV slightly.
Thanks
Hmm, if Tristan likes that brakesqueal, then the last thing he liked about rFactor that LFS didn't have will be gone, too.
Quote from deggis :Yamakawa, I'd have an user interface improvement suggestion for you...

Now the volume slider is used by used by moving mouse. Could you change it to more casual plus and minus buttons instead? I suspect that sometimes when I play (using mouse in the LFS menu) the volume slider changes accidentally... even that CSR is running in the background. Or what else could explain this?

Also it would be much easier if you could simply write numbers to the offset/volume fields in the editor. Using mouse to that feels a bit stupid.

thx suggestion

well,CSR memorizes the Master volume of all car. Both user mode and normal modes.And it is saved to "csr.dat" when program is over.
a mute of specification sound of all cars is saved, too.
When the volume changes without permission, don't you change a car?

It is not possible that volume changes in a background without permission

offset/volume fields is,I think so, too.I will think

new added help here
Attached images
change1.gif
change2.gif
Quote from yamakawa :well,CSR memorizes the Master volume of all car. Both user mode and normal modes.And it is saved to "csr.dat" when program is over.
a mute of specification sound of all cars is saved, too.
When the volume changes without permission, don't you change a car?

Ok, I didn't know that. So problem solved I just thought that it might some how bug and accidentally change the volume even that the CSR is on the background when I'm playing.

Quote :offset/volume fields is,I think so, too.I will think

quick new added help here

Doh I'm blind... but there are some fields that doesn't have those, like the Turbo and Brake Squeal settings. And still would be nice if we could simply write the values to the fields, it's quicker and easier.

--------

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vYczmOkQowE

I made a preview video including several cars with the 0.3 alpha version. All the sounds are found in this thread (or in the unofficial addons section). I have only combined few sounds (FXR) and added/modified few sounds, mostly turbo and brake squeal. Also used few WR hotlap replays if someone recognizes himself driving. Feel free to show this video to every LFS-hater who thinks "it sounds like a food mixer".
Brake squeal is great. I have noticed some clipping(popping) though when I tap the brake pedal just enough to cause it to register on the red pedal bar in game (what the hell is the proper name for those green red and blue bars?), this happens whether stopped or moving. im guessing maybe the sample needs to be cleaned up a little.

On a side note. I must say, Yamakawa, the sound sets you make for the cars are by far the best sounding yet. The BF1, FZR and now the FXO and FXR which sound really very nice. I find other ppls sound packs aren’t quite up to scratch yet....sorry guys. I guess it helps when your the creator of the program.

Anyways, keep up the good work m8
Congratulations for this new release! It is absolutelly awsome!!!!
Would it be possible that all cars include all the noises (brakes, drivetrain etc)

Thanks again
Sorry i think i made a mistake... illepall
It seems that you can have the sounds present in the folder.
Great!
What about putting it all together in 1st post? (the sounds etc.)
Or is it already on LFS Database?
Quote from hinirags :Congratulations for this new release! It is absolutelly awsome!!!!
Would it be possible that all cars include all the noises (brakes, drivetrain etc)

Thanks again

Well, the 0.3 alpha release itself includes sounds only for FXO, FXR, FZR and BF1 and those already has turbo, brake etc. sounds configured (of course e.g. BF1 isn't even supposed to have squeaking brakes). You can pretty easily add brake and turbo sounds for any car or car sound pack. All the sound packs people made and that were released before the 0.3 version doesn't include settings for brake/turbo sounds (those are new features in the v0.3 you know). Just try the editor and add them yourself, it's easy. Take a look at FXR how to tune up the volume and frequency offsets for the brake sounds for example, without the correct settings it sounds weird.

Yea it would be great if all the released sound packs were included in the release... but most those have not been made by yamakawa so it would need some work.
OK, i see, thanks
we need sound packs in one thread
thanks yamakawa

LFS CARSOUND ReMixer
(826 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG