The online racing simulator
Also you can type ctrl-Shift-esc to pull up the task manager
Quote from Dogmatic :So I followed the CSR install guide on this page and when I go to run it I get a weird reaction. My framerate is extremely low and all I hear is really loud obnoxious clicking and crackling. I'm assuming it's because I use onboard sound, but is it? I really want to use CSR, anyone hear of this?

I had strange FPS issues etc when I first use CSR but found it was my Firewall blocking it. Perhaps look into that?
I don't know, try it. But why you're using version Q? Did you just say you're using cracked version? :bananadea
Click sound with CSR
Hi, I have just installed latest version of CSR together with LFS2.05V demo. I really like the sound improvements but when I press the brake pedal I hear a loud "CLICK" sound, it's just one "CLICK" then the CSR brakesound play as it should. It is similar when I accellerate, but the "CLICK" sound comes when the throttle pedal is almost at full throttle.

Is this normal, or does anybody have idéas how to get rid of the click sounds?
Yes. Is your accelerator/brake mapped to any other keys in your wheel profiler? If it is : those keys are producings the clicks.

Either:
1. Make those keys actually do something in LFS, or adjust the profiler to stop their function.
2. Rename the ButtonClick.wav file in the sounds folder (LFS Patch V)
3. Rename the ButtonClick.raw file in the snd folder (pre LFS Patch V)

(Rename it to ButtonClick1.??? for example) [edit: Try playing this sound from windows to see if it's the click you hear in game, just to be sure your disabling actual annoying sound]

You could replace that file with a short blank sound to remove the File missing error in LFS on the load screen. Caution : Your menu clicks will no longer work.
Thanks
Thanks!

I will try it as soon as I get home from work today.
Nope, didn't fix it. It's not the same click sound that is in the menues of LFS, Also I noticed that it is two different click sounds depending on brake or accelerate. When I hit the mute button for brake sound in CSR, it clicks with same sound as in game when I brake, however the other click sound when accelerating does not apear when I mute or unmute Turbo sound in CSR.
Occasionally I hear a click (InvalidKey) when using CSR. I only hear it about once per day so I haven't worried about it. Usually if I tap brakes or Gas really quickly. (Its already been noted as a bug in CSR)

Sorry I forgot about the other sounds in the folder. It might be one of these files causing the Click:
>> lfs/data/sound/InvalidKey.wav < (my guess it's that one)
>> lfs/data/sound/SysMessage.wav
Use the same technique as previoulsy.

If its not caused by one of those sounds....
It might be CSR clipping the sound for Turbo/Brake Squeal, or you PC might be crackling the CSR sounds.

Causes for crackling/clipping:
-Bad sound card drivers
-System under too much load. (Sound Lags)
Try searching for Crackling or Clipping in this Unnofficial Addons Thread.

Try re-installing CSR from scratch. Have you got the latest version???? 0.31Alpha (IIRC)

Read Deggis's Car Sound Remixer download & installation guide

Try a test of the CSR sounds using the editor Button in CSR. (Press the Down Arrow [v] and Click [Edit]. Pick the car to edit. The last TAB in that edit screen has the Turbo/Brake squeaels (Click the [>] play button to test them. Do they Click then?) Try changing their individual volumes. Does that fix it? Play around a little. Try loading another sound for brake squeal. See if it stops the clicking. Remember : if you wreck your CSR, you can just re-install it from the .zip

After all that I'm out of ideas.
It's none of the LFS Sounds, seems more likely that it's CSR clipping the sound for Turbo/Brake Squeal. The sounds play OK on their own, but not running LFS. I will re-install CSR, play around with settings, try changing the sounds etc.

My system spec is:
AMD X2 5000+ 2GB RAM
Soundblaster X-FI
GForce 7900GTX 512mb

LFS S205V Demo, CSR 0.31Alpha

Thanks for the help,
Quote from nauwa :Hi, I have just installed latest version of CSR together with LFS2.05V demo. I really like the sound improvements but when I press the brake pedal I hear a loud "CLICK" sound, it's just one "CLICK" then the CSR brakesound play as it should. It is similar when I accellerate, but the "CLICK" sound comes when the throttle pedal is almost at full throttle.

Is this normal, or does anybody have idéas how to get rid of the click sounds?

I get exactly the same thing. Have tried all the above suggestions but still no good.
Are you using a g25 wheel? I think these noises started when I started using this wheel.
Yes, I'm using a G25 wheel, but I solved the problem by updating the Soundblaster X-FI drivers together with an update for the mediacenter sound drivers. Didn't make a change to update the X-FI drivers alone, but when I also updated the mediacenter drivers, it works without the anoying click sounds
Thanx nauwa, did as you said (I also have a x-fi) and its now a lot better. I still occasionally get a click however, but I can live with that.
Lovely noises indeed - but one question

Is is possible to also have them working in "TV-Camera" view, as it is unrealistic when I can hear an 'in-car' sound while seeing my car racing past

Other than that good work though

Regards
Quote from Benedict101 :Lovely noises indeed - but one question

Is is possible to also have them working in "TV-Camera" view, as it is unrealistic when I can hear an 'in-car' sound while seeing my car racing past

Other than that good work though

Regards

Unfortunately no. Not in its current release. CSR would require rebuilding, and would only work if outGuage allows "car distance from TV camera" monitoring. I dont know if that is even possible. CSR only works well from views that are fixed to the car, ie: in-car, custom cam, chase, helicopter, (Shift-U, follow car).

In other words : No doppler effects in CSR so TV views kinda sound retarded.
Does exist a version compatible with patch X?
yeah bump
yes CSR works perfectly fine with patch X and the "new patch X" aka X9

whiel im here does anyone have any links to other BOV sounds to use for CSR??
Why use CSR when you can edit your car sound directly in-game (Shift A)
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :Why use CSR when you can edit your car sound directly in-game (Shift A)

You cant edit UBER BACKFIRE or BRAKE SQUEAL or INDICATORS CLICKER or FUEL WARNING SOUNDS or other coolness features in shift-A mode. So CSR works as a nice flavour enhancer.

It's like having coloured sugar sprinkles on your cake and having it to.
Indeed, even if u don't like the engine sounds CSR makes, u can also disable them and keep the rest of the sounds enabled. CSR really does make the game sound insanely good when using the right sounds. Im quite used to sound editing so i made all my own personal high quality sounds and that is such a cool thing to spend lots of time on using sound editors. Just to make that sample sound right. Well... or i just like fiddling around a lot with all these aspects of a game. Sound and Graphics is what i really like about games, especially when they are editable. I should find a job in that direction anyway

PS. i don't use the engine sound either because i really like de detailed sound from LFS itself (i drive the FOX mainly). But instead i changed the engine sound of CSR to something else that more resembles a faint hum with high pitched grain used as an extend of the default LFS sound instead of using heavy roary carsounds as an overlay which blocks all the detailed information i need.

To some CSR is somthing they download, check it out with whatever sounds are included and judge it by that. To some CSR is seen as something with a lot of potential and with lots of sliders and posibilities that make them smile even before they hear sound. I could easily spend a whole day on finetuning a carsound.

IMHO, CSR should be integrated into LFS
Can i change a XRT sound?
you can change the sounds of any car in the game.
Dont get how to work CSR
Ok i open CSR and i make my changes but nothing happens in the game can any one help me?
InSim was re-worked for patch X, I'm willing to bet CSR has not been (yet, if it ever will be). If you're running patch X it will not work.

[edit] ER.. wait... CSR uses outguage doesnt it? Damn... Now I look the fool...
csr or w/e runs separate from lfs its like lapper so yeah you look like a fool

LFS CARSOUND ReMixer
(826 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG