The online racing simulator
Problems / Questions
(384 posts, started )
what program?
3ds max 9
Maybe someone have working brazil for 3ds max 9
HI Guys i have a question:

can someone please tell me how to make some good lightning for LFS cars?
I tried myselfe, but i did not get it working yet, i always have black screen or completly crappy shadows / no shadows

would nice be nice if somebody could help me
Quote from BastianB :HI Guys i have a question:

can someone please tell me how to make some good lightning for LFS cars?
I tried myselfe, but i did not get it working yet, i always have black screen or completly crappy shadows / no shadows

would nice be nice if somebody could help me

Hello...

dont know about settings in 3DS Max but in generell:

i put one light with 70-80% brightness and 50% shadow on top of the cars....
one with 70-80% and 100% shadow as a main light from side, front or whatever and a little fill light with 30-50% and 30% shadow and a little colour (bright yellow or blue) from the other side

i always use 3-4 lights for my scenes

i hope it will help you...but i think you need a 3D Max Guru to explain the setting for you...
If anyone have a tut about creating tire smoke and post 'ere I would really apperciate it.

Searching it on Google really killing me tho.
IIRC Caos did a couple of renders with tyre smoke recently.
Hi everyone,
Does anyone know if there is a way to make LFS renders in Blender?, if so can you tell me were to read or where to find information about it

EDIT: I just find the thread Ready-to-Render kit, and it uses Blender, anyway if there is more documentation and you know it, it will be really appreciated

Thanks
Hello everybody, I have no idea about rendering except following certain steps in order to make lfs renders using ds-autos scenes in 3ds max 9 using Brazil. Yesterday I discovered how to add backgrounds and grounds but I got a prob I couldn't solve. Certain parts of the car (i.e rims and/or chassis edges) get unwanted reflections from the surrounding (see in the attachment the sky on the rims and through the fender edges in the front and the rear of the car).

I would appreciate it if some kind sould could insrtruct me on how to get rid of those. Thanks in advance!
Attached images
diafanofh1.jpg
Who knows how to create smoke in 3ds? I'm trying to make a drift render... Thanks!
Look a few posts up for a smoke tut.
hey guys! does any1 know how to fix the problem when: you make a camera map scene,i want to put a car on a picture,but the car has spots where you can see through it,i tried to put light to the car,but than it doesnt look right.i dont know any other solution. HALP!
If anyone has working 64-bit Brazil for 64-bit Max 9, please PM me.
Why cant you use Max9 (32 bit) + SP2 for Vista and usual Brazil. V2 is different and not for free, its expensive. And I dont think its compatible with old Brazil.

I am using 32 bit Brazil on Vista x64 Ultimate- I dont have problems.

So you dont need 64 bit Brazil.

I have dual Max - 2009 (64 bit) and Max9 (32 bit) - works well

IIRC Brazil we used is only for 32 bit and V2 is different, but you can always test Rio for the compatibility.
Ok finally I installed Max9 32-bit and now both Brazil and Vray are working fine. Now I need help for the following issue. Check pic.

Thanks!
Attached images
hehh.jpg
Use Vray materials for Car if you use Vray.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Ok finally I installed Max9 32-bit and now both Brazil and Vray are working fine. Now I need help for the following issue. Check pic.

Thanks!

Yeah, like okijuhans said 'use vray materials when you're rendering in vray'. A good website for free materials is 'http://www.vray-materials.de'(it's in english). This looks nice, but like it has said before, vray materials are much harder to get right. I hope this helps you a bit.
Vray materials?! Uhm, I thought there's no difference between Brazil and Vray materials, they are only .dds, .tga... files. :/ I need some info how to do it, I've no idea what you mean. Yeah I know, I'm a noob, I have to learn it only once.

EDIT: thanks, Bose

Working on the materials now.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Vray materials?! Uhm, I thought there's no difference between Brazil and Vray materials, they are only .dds, .tga... files. :/ I need some info how to do it, I've no idea what you mean. Yeah I know, I'm a noob, I have to learn it only once.

EDIT: thanks, Bose

Working on the materials now.

Yeah, dds and tga etc are texture if im right. Show us the result when it's done Don't forget to apply some vray lights
Quote from Bose321 :Yeah, dds and tga etc are texture if im right. Show us the result when it's done Don't forget to apply some vray lights

Oh lights, so far away I spent some time with the materials. Enough for today

Thanks for the scene, okijuhans, I'll have a look at it.

EDIT: first Vray render attached
Attached images
test.jpg
fz.jpg

Problems / Questions
(384 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG