The online racing simulator
Problems / Questions
(384 posts, started )
the-blueprints.com
why you need uberhigh quality videos ? Just listen instructions and watch slow and closely.
Does anyone know how to create chrome objects?
I watched a tut on youtube but i didnt understod a damm thing.
Quote from [UKR] Race King :Does anyone know how to create chrome objects?
I watched a tut on youtube but i didnt understod a damm thing.

what program ???
3ds max 7
do you use brazil ??
Yes.
you can use brazil chrome
or you can use chrome from the lfs car

brazil chrome : make a material by standard use brazil chrome
or load a lfs car pick the chrome weels by material and save them to library, load your scene and pick from library the chrome

hope i was clearly
my englishe is very bad
Thx
Quote from Feme :Yea i saw that .. but im looking for vids only ( thouse on Yotube are in loooooooooooooooooow quality :P ) also serching honda civic 93 blueprints .. but i found only on about 300x160 :/

Try the Civic MX 1991, 3 door hatchback, which is the same as the 92-95 model.

http://www.the-blueprints.com/ ... view/honda_civic_mx_1991/

For those who keep asking how to make chrome in 3ds max, go to http://www.3dk.org/tutorial/3d ... rome-Billet-material.html and learn how to do it.

There's also loads of tutorials to be found on http://www.3dk.org/tutorials/date/15/1.html
Chrome material is not hard to create, but making your scene object look like chrome is another matter. Chrome object rely heavily on reflecting objects to make it look nice. If your scene has 'nothing' to reflect, it will just look like a flat coloured object. Most of the rendered scene in this forum are plain background scene with a floor only, that would not help for chrome object. If you are having a plain scene with no other objects for the chrome object to pick up reflections. The best thing to do is apply an environment map for your reflection to fake it.
#162 - tfk
Hey 3ds max pros i have a question.Im having some technical issues in max,when i load a scene,and im woring with it its very very slow(not rendering) like if i wanna rotate the scene it takes ages,i click on something the cursos appears on it 5-8 sec later..
Its very hard to work like this i cant figure it what would it cause.
memory usage is usually 30% so that cant really be it
Big scene mustang? May be u have very much objets in the scene and your machine can´t load all to same time and faster. (may be is that) how much (idk if is "how many") do you have of memori RAM?
Quote from e2mustang :...Its very hard to work like this i cant figure it what would it cause.
memory usage is usually 30% so that cant really be it

It is hard to know without seeing your scene, but there are few things you can do do speed up things when you are working on a scene.

1: Use wire frame instead of smooth and shaded with texture showing. if you have all 4 viewports in smooth and shaded mode, it would slow your PC right down, because it needs to refresh every viewport.

2: maximise the viewport that you are working on, so it is only displaying one viewport full screen. That way, your PC does not need to redraw all 4 viewport everytime you rotate or move something.

3: Make some of the background objects or not so important objects into 'box' (object properties>display properties>Display as box)

4: 'Isolate selection' mode. Isolate other objects in the scene, so it is only displaying the object that you are working on. when you finished editing, click the 'Exit Isolate mode' to go back to the whole scene. I always use this when I have a large scene, I can concentrate on building one object at a time.
Quote from Loko VEN :Big scene mustang? May be u have very much objets in the scene and your machine can´t load all to same time and faster. (may be is that) how much (idk if is "how many") do you have of memori RAM?

its on almost all scene,even a single car.my memory is 2gb ddr2 667 mhz

Quote from samyip :It is hard to know without seeing your scene, but there are few things you can do do speed up things when you are working on a scene.

1: Use wire frame instead of smooth and shaded with texture showing. if you have all 4 viewports in smooth and shaded mode, it would slow your PC right down, because it needs to refresh every viewport.

2: maximise the viewport that you are working on, so it is only displaying one viewport full screen. That way, your PC does not need to redraw all 4 viewport everytime you rotate or move something.

3: Make some of the background objects or not so important objects into 'box' (object properties>display properties>Display as box)

4: 'Isolate selection' mode. Isolate other objects in the scene, so it is only displaying the object that you are working on. when you finished editing, click the 'Exit Isolate mode' to go back to the whole scene. I always use this when I have a large scene, I can concentrate on building one object at a time.

thanks i will try each and see which is workin better
Check to see what is being used to render the viewports, Software is slow compared(sp) to Hardware. Make sure it's the gfx card doing it all instead of the program.
Quote from LineR32 :Check to see what is being used to render the viewports, Software is slow compared(sp) to Hardware. Make sure it's the gfx card doing it all instead of the program.

ye it is,and i always working on a full screen,but now i just realized im having the most problem with the xrt
-
(beefyman666) DELETED by beefyman666
Quote from beefyman666 :I'm having a bit of trouble with a multi car render.

I've got all the cars setup in the scene how I want them, applied the skins to them all but the last 3 cars in the scene aren't showing the skins.

Anyone know how I can fix it?

Have you copied the cars or merged them?
Well, im getting some "missing dll's" erro with the Brazil R/S Plugin, anyone knows how to solve this?

Im trying to open a scene, and i get the error on the program start up, when i click "continue" the program runs normaly, but i can't get the render working right.

Anyone wanna help the "master noob" here? please?

Thanks!
Quote from Lepletier :Well, im getting some "missing dll's" erro with the Brazil R/S Plugin, anyone knows how to solve this?

Im trying to open a scene, and i get the error on the program start up, when i click "continue" the program runs normaly, but i can't get the render working right.

Anyone wanna help the "master noob" here? please?

Thanks!

Maybe you doesn't install Brazil R/S or the Brazil is not in the 3DS Max directory?The scene you're using need Brazil maybe..

What version Brazil and 3DS Max you got?
3Dsmax 9, don't remember what version of brazil. (Im at work right now)

But, i run the smfrg exec thing and the brazil its in the max directory, the scene indeed uses brazil. But i dunno what's happening. Only says that i got "missing dlls' from brazil r/s.
Ah, oh well. Got back to JDM project and i really dont know what to do with whole front bumper. Here is the story ..
Well, skins for LFS fits LFS cars, lol. Ok, serious. So, i made bumper but hell i dont know how to put some part of skin on it.
If i even could now how to call that '' Channel, UVW mapping ?'' i even dont know what to start with .. Well, i hope you got my idea - like, fix something ( if im not wrong there was something with channel's or smth ..) that bumper looks like on my skin, not just some color.
Any tutorials or sugestions ?

Thanks again, feat.
Won't need to worry about channels for simple mapping for the skins. Either adjust the original mapping (ideal way), or map it separately (easiest way) as a different material and load the skin file into it again (a bit like some cars having multiple instances of the interior textures etc).

This tute on UV mapping should definitely help.

Regards,

Ian

Problems / Questions
(384 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG