The online racing simulator
Problems / Questions
(384 posts, started )
Quote from samyip :Have you tried changing the colour next to the 'Transparent' to black? As I recall, black is transparent and white is opac (just like alpha channel you see in Photoshop)

I tried now, it's still black
Have you check that the headlight texture map is applied underneath the glass? It is difficult to tell if it is transparent or not if the texture map not there, because the inner light area is black.
One way to check your material is to create an object (sphere) between the camera and the car, then apply the glass material to it, then render it out. If it is transparent, then there is nothing wrong with your glass material.
There's nothing wrong with the glass material, since the lights are black in case of ALL scenes I have.
Is it possible to change the the headlight textures? I mean you can find several .dds-s here on the forum... Is it possible to use them on the scene?? And how can I remove the numberplates from the scene? I deleted them from the material editor, but nothing happens, they're rendered as well
You can select the licence plate polygons and delete them, but you will end up with a hole in the bumper/body on some of the road cars if not all of them.

Headlight texture can be changed for one the of the ones you can find here, just find out which slot the texture is in, on the meterial editor, probably one of the higher numbers using Interior_1 dds file.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Yet another black headlight problem here. After installing dsmax I always got the same problem... The headlights were black... I managed to solve this problem before, by putting a tick to the transparency option if I recall it correctly... But this time it doesn't work. I attached a pic, that's how it looks like right now. What do you say?

I never used brazil but it says "brazil doesn't support..."on the screenshot you sent. Can it be because of unsupported material maybe?
The "brazil doesn't support..." is only not being able to preview in the material editor slot. It does not affect the material and render.
However, I found that annoying though. That is why I prefer to use the standard Mental Ray in Max
Quote from ZORER :I never used brazil but it says "brazil doesn't support..."on the screenshot you sent. Can it be because of unsupported material maybe?

you must be unlock like the image
Attached images
unlock.jpg
Got a small prob here wonder if one of you guy's can help me out Got a nice mirrored floor to put in my scene. I'm using morrows scenes for the cars but when i render it the floor is also reflecting the the white plain above the car from the scene onto the floor. How do i stop the plain getting reflected too, i moved it up out the way but the car looks bad when i do that. Sample pic below.
Attached images
fxr_floor.jpg
right on the plane, then you can see a little menu system, here you can find the Object Properties, click on it, then follow the attachment
Attached images
stuff.jpg
Thank you so much tikshow that did the trick, picked up a lot in just over a day usings 3ds max and brazil, really enjoying the results over blender.

As you can see from the pic, also is there a way to change the colour of the floor from white to grey maybe, i'm using a material called light mirror 01 which is a advanced brazil mat i add going into the brazil csg server in the render tab, i see there a option to change the base colour of the ground plain which is white, i changed it to grey but the render still came out white, what did i do wrong.
Attached images
FZR_FXR_Max.jpg
make a copy/clone from that light plane above fxr too, and will looks better
Sorry tikshow that hide from camera isnt working on the plain, i thought it was working because we had a white background, but when i added a grey background it was the same as before, so the reflection plain is still being reflected in the the floor reflection, i turned off enable refection/refraction on the plain that worked be we had no reflection on the car then.
Attached images
xfg test.png
xfg plain refac reflec off.png
I dont think you can do anything about it. Only way to get rid of it, would be to uncheck the box next to the reflection option, but then that would just **** the scene up and have the same effect as getting rid of the reflection plane.

You could learn how to use the lights though.
Do what Tikshow said in the object properties, but this time uncheck the 'visible to reflection/refraction' instead of 'visible to camera'. Because what you seeing there is from floor reflection and not directly from the camera.
Quote from samyip :Do what Tikshow said in the object properties, but this time uncheck the 'visible to reflection/refraction' instead of 'visible to camera'. Because what you seeing there is from floor reflection and not directly from the camera.

it's a bit tricky then that because when he uncheck that the reflection will gone from the car too, but i think, there is way you can do it, i hope can find it

edit: hm i don't think it's possible to linking the reflections, don't know why because it can be realy usefull sometimes, i'll ask some rendering gurus soon
One easy way round is render 2 images. one with 'visible to reflection/refraction' unchecked on the lighting plane, so it won't show the reflection on floor. Also make the car invisible to camera. So all you rendering is the floor with reflection and shadow of the car.
Then render another one with 'visible to reflection/refraction' back on the lighting plane, the car back to visible to camera, but make the floor invisible to camera, render that image with alpha channel. So all you rendering is just the car.
Once they are done, put the 2 images in photoshop. The alpha cut-out image above the 1st image.

Another way to do is move your lighting plane higher and, on your floor material make the raytrace reflection with a distance fall off, so the reflection will gradually fade to nothing. (move your lighting plane to make sure it is not inside the reflection range)
or make some copy of that plane, then resize those, and these will looking like spot lamps, then the reflection on the floor don't will be a problem because they will looking like in real life - (i hate the future grammar of english...)
Quote from LineR32 :I'm having trouble posing a human model on a motorbike in 3d max7. It's mainly the legs, I get the foot positioned on the foot pegs and when I unhide the body mesh, the foot goes back to it's origonal position on the floor.

Any help or tips are welcome.

hi Liner,
i made somting
if you stil need it i hear from you
i know the bike is not so good but thats not of intrest

Attached images
motor.jpg
motor01.jpg
Thanks for everybody's help samyip some of the things you said went whoosh over my head but i think i've found a simple way to do it in photoshop, how does this look??
Attached images
FZR_FXR_Max.jpg
Quote from Boekanier01 :hi Liner,
i made somting
if you stil need it i hear from you
i know the bike is not so good but thats not of intrest

I'll get the bike and female model uploaded on megaupload later on and PM you the link for it, I'll add some pics in with it on how I want model posed.
Hey guys im having some trouble in max...(8)
Im working on something,and when i render i get all black noise on the car(see picture) This is in brazil renderer,but if i switch to scanline its all fine,i switch back to brazil the noises seem less.If i move a part just a bit somewhere that part will be normal,the rest stays noisey,i never had such a problem

Anybody has a clue plz?
Attached images
ftw is teh problem.jpg
Quote from e2mustang :Hey guys im having some trouble in max...(8)
Im working on something,and when i render i get all black noise on the car(see picture) This is in brazil renderer,but if i switch to scanline its all fine,i switch back to brazil the noises seem less.If i move a part just a bit somewhere that part will be normal,the rest stays noisey,i never had such a problem

Anybody has a clue plz?

Does this happen with all scenes,or only one scene?
Quote from e2mustang :Hey guys im having some trouble in max...(8)

Anybody has a clue plz?

I have this problem before.I think it is overlapping faces (or whatever).
Well dont worry about it i just restarted the whole project,but now i have other problem I must have pushed some button,coz when i use any movement option the whole car becomes wires,and i cant see a damn thing like that,+i cant see where to move the vertexes....

Any know how to solve this?

(picture shown the problem when i use camera)

EDIT:Well i solved this problem,i dont want to delete the post maybe some1 will have this trouble. All you have to do is pusch O (not zero)
BTW this is very handy when you work with big scenes
Attached images
Problem2.jpg

Problems / Questions
(384 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG