The online racing simulator
Problems / Questions
(384 posts, started )
Is it possible to covert hipoly to lowpoly in max? if yes how?
Remove all the diagonal edges + vertices and add turbosmooth. But you probaly have to edit the sharpe corners and such.
it's much easier to weld the edges, but the optimize modifier is easier for remove the most of the edges, then you can do it manualy with welding
optimize modifier doesn't always give you the desire effects.
Try multi-res. And I think it preserve the mapping cordinate better too.
Quote from samyip :optimize modifier doesn't always give you the desire effects.
Try multi-res. And I think it preserve the mapping cordinate better too.

uh, i forgot the multi-res but anyway, if you want the best, do it with manualy it takes 3-4 for a 500.000 polyigon model maybe
Would be nice to have that in .obj format as well as Tin Pan Alley, and the car loft.
Deep Exploration will open c4d files, so you will more than likely be able to get them into .3ds/.max files.
that scene look's amazing o_O
Help
Hey guys.

okey, so I got some new scenes from Voulenteer graphics..
But everytime i try to render this is the result.. and it is a render at 1900x1000 pixels.. I don't get why the result comes out so bad.
Can someone please help me? Appriciate it

Edit: Also, all my other renders come out white background and stuff, but as soon as I merge this file in there, it gets like that..
Attached images
wrong wrong!.jpg
It'll be best to merge the car into the truck scene. From what a I read on another site that truck scene should have the tailgate on the trailer animated.

About the c4d scene, I tried opening 2 of them in Deep Exploration and had no luck in opening them.
Quote from LineR32 :It'll be best to merge the car into the truck scene. From what a I read on another site that truck scene should have the tailgate on the trailer animated.

About the c4d scene, I tried opening 2 of them in Deep Exploration and had no luck in opening them.

yeah I've tryied that aswell. , but it comes out the same..
Attached images
wrong again.jpg
turn the jitter/gitter on, in the rendering panel
Quote from tikshow :turn the jitter/gitter on, in the rendering panel

I'm sorry, but you are gonna have to be a bit more specific..
ok
so two question:
1. are you using 3D Studio max?
2. what renderer are you using?(default scaneline, mental ray, vray, brazil, etc)
Quote from tikshow :ok
so two question:
1. are you using 3D Studio max?
2. what renderer are you using?(default scaneline, mental ray, vray, brazil, etc)

1. 3ds max 8
2. Brazil ^^
ok, you can reach this menu when click on top the screen on the Rendering button, then in that menu click on the Render...[or just press F10], then a window comes up, with some tabs, chose the Renderer tab, then follow the attachment

i used, the latest Brazil, what you can download free(educational version) from http://splutterfish.com/ , and Max 2008, but i think it's the same with your version, maybe that option is somewhere else in the Rendering panel
Attached images
brazil.jpg
Quote from tikshow :ok, you can reach this menu when click on top the screen on the Rendering button, then in that menu click on the Render...[or just press F10], then a window comes up, with some tabs, chose the Renderer tab, then follow the attachment

i used, the latest Brazil, what you download free(educational version) from http://splutterfish.com/ , and Max 2008, but i think it's the same with your version, maybe that option is somewhere else in the Rendering panel

Okey, I suck, you rule! Thank you for your kind help Works like a charm!
Really appriciate it..
you are welcome!
Quote from tikshow :you are welcome!

Sorry to be a noob.. But when I try to render a XRT without the hood on it,and put a engine in there, the engine comes out purple on the render.. :S
I replaced the bitmap with the engine texture and stuff.. when I go into material editor and try to assign the texture there it says "error creating direct3d device" :S

what am I doing wrong?

BTW, Max8 and brazil..
first simply put a standard material on the engine, if it will gray than put the texture on it, if it will not working, then post the scene in zip
Quote from tikshow :first simply put a standard material on the engine, if it will gray than put the texture on it, if it will not working, then post the scene in zip

I changed the color to the engine, and it would easy change colors, but still error when I tryied to assign the material...
Attached files
Engine.zip - 38.7 KB - 453 views
just rename the .dds file to that: 240SX_EN.dds
and when you want to render it, it will asking you where is that file, then click add, search the file and and it will working, it needs some files too, but forget them

in viewport it will looking the same purple, but in render it will looking fine
Quote from tikshow :just rename the .dds file to that: 240SX_EN.dds
and when you want to render it, it will asking you where is that file, then click add, search the file and and it will working, it needs some files too, but forget them

in viewport it will looking the same purple, but in render it will looking fine

it doesn't work.. What you're saying is that it needs more files? those are the only files that are included.. :S I renamed it, but it still comes out purple.. :S

Problems / Questions
(384 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG