The online racing simulator
Problems / Questions
(384 posts, started )
No, no, no, just dont say that that's for Blender.
yes, jj is using blender(if i know well)
here you can find a good video tutorial of the basics, of the rim/tyre modelling(016 - tyres -> here you can find it)
Thanks mate, i'll give a try for it and post results as soon as possible.
Umm, guys ? This problem is bugging me already from times when i downloaded 3ds max.
Everyone haves that Arrows next to Scale tool while scaling. I just cant scale on some axis, and ''Gizmo's'' are turned on, i heared that there is something about them.
I just need that tool, otherwise i can't do anything in a lot of tutorials.
Thanks again, feat
Does anybody know how to make an animation properly? i made renders by each frame than put together in ps :\ its sux.. take a look.
here
Quote from e2mustang :Does anybody know how to make an animation properly? i made renders by each frame than put together in ps :\ its sux.. take a look.
here

i'll tell you tomorrow, i don't have time now! (university = pub = alcohol)
Quote from e2mustang :Does anybody know how to make an animation properly? i made renders by each frame than put together in ps :\ its sux.. take a look.
here

gif is not an ideal format for this.
You should render it to video format or sequencial bitmaps (tiff, taga etc)
To render direct to video format, go to 'Render' (F10). at Common tab, select the time frames you want to render (eg. 0-100)at Time Output. Then select the output size you want (eg. 720 x 576 for Pal resolutions. there are some presets in the Output size drop down menu.) Then at Render Output, save the render to file (select drive location, folder and file name) At the file format, choose AVI, MPG or MOV (they are video format, depend on what video codecs you have installed in your PC.) sometimes after you have chosen a video file format, a compression setup window will pop up, which you can adjust your compression settings. The more you compress, the smaller file size you will get, but the image quality will be very poor, so adjust it to get a balance right, you may have to do some test render to try it out.

The other way will be my prefer way which is more flexible too. It is to render the animation to sequencial bitmaps, then import them in a video editing programme (premiere, afterFX etc.) then I can output them in various video format and compression settings. Also If I need to change something in the animation which only affect between frame 30-40. I can re-render 30-40 only to replace what I had before. Where as you will have to re-render the whole animation again if there were done in the first option.
-
(e2mustang) DELETED by e2mustang
So HERE is the animation in video format,thanks for the help sam!
Hey guys! I've decided to start modelling a car from the beginning. I managed to set up the blueprint. Now I should start "drawing" but I don't know which tools to use. Yeah I know - hey noob google some tutorials - I did that, found a lot too, but neither of them was so detailed. I need to know where can I find the tools needed to draw the lines, vertices and stuff.

Any help would be appreciated.
noooo just download the video tutorial of the audi a3 from here and if you have any question, just ask me
Quote from Töki (HUN) :That's a great site, thanks!

Oki doki

BTW I've just started practicing the poly stuff. I attached what I've done. Tell me to stop it if I'm doing it wrong

hagy találjam ki. e30 m3 ugye?
Quote from e2mustang :hagy találjam ki. e30 m3 ugye?

Jajaja. (de nem lesz olyan mint Phonsoé, totál n00b vagyok hozzá)
Tool you're looking for to add edges is called "Cut" under edit polygon mode.
When cutting, try to avoid ending up with 3-sided polygons and vertexes with 5 edges connected to them. Both will give you trouble when smoothing things out but 3-sided poly is atleast easy to fix by just adding a vertex on one of the edges.

One thing I find handy is to create few curves to use as guides before starting to create any shapes. This serves two purposes, first it lets you see where your blueprints don't match and it also makes modeling so much easier when you don't have to jump between viewports because you have this "3d blueprint" visible in your perspective view. Snap tool is your friend

When you start making the shapes, don't put too much detail on it until you have rough shape of the whole car in place. That will give you better idea on the proportions and as you're adding more geometry on one piece, it's important to see how it would affect other pieces next to it. Like when you add edge going across hood, you'll need to match it on fender. Hard to explain, but see the screenshot below. There's three separate objects but all lines match together.
Attached images
maya 2008-10-03 10-30-37-43.jpg
If anyone has working Vray for Max 8, please PM me.
mé nem egyből engem kérdel? holnap majd átküldöm valahogy(rem jó is hozzá)
Quote from tikshow :mé nem egyből engem kérdel? holnap majd átküldöm valahogy(rem jó is hozzá)

Gondoltam, hogy elolvasod
Quote from beefyman666 :Usually get that error when something was made in a higher version of Max to what you're using.

is there anyway to fix it? yes i know im big n00b in max
Quote from lukasauno :is there anyway to fix it? yes i know im big n00b in max

Not that I know of.
no need of help anymore answer found
Can i have a tutorial how to render cars?

Problems / Questions
(384 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG