The online racing simulator
Problems / Questions
(384 posts, started )
#1 - feat
Problems / Questions
Well, i'm pretty sure that this topic is worth for newbies at least.

The question from my side is, how can i set some nice Depth Blur @ 3ds max ? Well, i know that at rendering options there is option like Depth of Field, but its hard to get an idea how to use it.

Thanks.
It can be done in Max, using advanced camera options. Once you set up a camera, you need to click depth of field in it, and adjust the various options. It then renders LOTS of scenes at different focuses and combines them all, so it massively increases the rendering time.

And this MIGHT only apply to Vray, as that is what I've generally used. But I couldn't be bothered to wait for very long for the effect.

As with all rendering stuff, first of all read as much as you can on rendering forums, then play, fiddle, play and fiddle some more. Only then will you understand how it works. I'd guess a week or two of fiddling would get you vaguely proficient at DOF stuff.
#4 - feat
Ok, now i come to conclusion, that it's is practically impossible to make nice depth blur with ONLY 3ds max, looks like it needs Photoshop at all the ways. But whats the point, if i can make the same editing image in photoshop with blur tools, it just makes blur more precious. :/

Well, got to learn mutch. Thanks again anyways.
#6 - feat
It would be pretty awesome if the page would work for me.
Anyone have a tutorial for me, that shows me how to change for example spoilers in 3ds max?
Quote from feat :It would be pretty awesome if the page would work for me.

Try it again, the site must of gone down earlier, coz I wasn't able to view it either. There's some other good tutorials on there too, going from the basics and going onto harder stuff.
Quote from feat :Ok, now i come to conclusion, that it's is practically impossible to make nice depth blur with ONLY 3ds max....

You can do it all in 3ds max as tristancliffe mentioned. If you read the basic reference/help files form max, it show you how to do it too!
Create a camera, click show on Environment Ranges, adjust the near and far distance, then turn on the Depth of field option, you can choose 12 passes or less, the more passes will make the blur look smooth but take a long time to process.
Quote from LeifOlav :Anyone have a tutorial for me, that shows me how to change for example spoilers in 3ds max?

help?
There are lots of tutorials on making stuff in 3D, like making a wine glass, or even modelling a whole car body. Google is your friend. You may want to then learn UVW mapping so that you can put textures on it too.
#12 - feat
Oh, page works now.
Yeah, looks like this depth of field is pretty hard stuff and takes long time, but it looks awesome as result.
Thanks for helping guys, i'll let you know about my jobs.

One more question - That black reflections on xrt, it's about smoothing groups, as i readed somewhere ? Or i'm wrong ..

EDIT: Ok, i already got an idea that this way is to good to be real.
So, it's like this :

I checked camera's ''Modify'' options and i saw that there is option like Depth of Field, so i turned it on, made it very pretty, like i wanted. Pressed ''preview'' button and it showed me, how it will look. It was pure cuetie, but as i said, i already got an idea that it's to easy, and somethings wrong. So then i pressed F10, rendering, and pressed Render button. There was a hope, but then .. yeah, nothing is changed. T_T
By the way, im using Brazil, maybe Brazil doesn't support 3ds cameras for some reason.

THANKS AGAIN.
I'm trying to install Brazil on my Vista after a reinstall. But at the end of the installation, when the install asks you whether to install smfg server or not, I click YES as I've done it several times before...and the install stops working, and sais no response... It's not a Vista thingy because I've installed Brazil to Vista few times yet... So guys, how to solve this problem? :cry:
So you've never met such problems I beleive...
I thought Brazil was just dumped into your 3dsmax plugins folder.

I never had to go through an install process with mine.
Hey guys i need some help with 3ds max 7.I am trying to make a 3 car render each car with a different skin but when it comes to render those 3 cars have the same skin what am i doing wrong?
Quote from beefyman666 :I thought Brazil was just dumped into your 3dsmax plugins folder.

I never had to go through an install process with mine.

Yes, but Brazil needs to be installed...or not? I'll give it a go...
Quote from [UKR] Race King :Hey guys i need some help with 3ds max 7.I am trying to make a 3 car render each car with a different skin but when it comes to render those 3 cars have the same skin what am i doing wrong?

You need to set each car up with it's own meterial slot, jsut select a car and when setting the meterial click on Selected to left and just double click on the meterial. If you do it right you'll get your desired scene.
Quote from LineR32 :You need to set each car up with it's own meterial slot, jsut select a car and when setting the meterial click on Selected to left and just double click on the meterial. If you do it right you'll get your desired scene.

the cars are 3 xrt's i have tried to make with diff cars and it works but with same cars its not.
You should have something like what is shown in the attached image if you understood what I said in the earlier post.
Attached images
Untitled-1.jpg
FZ50 Spyder Multi 1024x768.jpg
something like that?
Attached images
Untitled.png
Yep, but you need to assign each one to each of the cars and change the colour of the paint, or add a skin to each, then test render it to see if you got it right.
Quote from LineR32 :Yep, but you need to assign each one to each of the cars and change the colour of the paint, or add a skin to each, then test render it to see if you got it right.

and how can i do that?actually i managed to fix this problem thx for the help but i have something else.I was trying to import new wheels by using merge and nothing was happening the only thing that was added was a camera
wh00t
Why am I getting results like this?

In the windows the problem is probably due to IOR setting. Solidify the glasses or reduce IOR.
I don't know for the front indicators...

Problems / Questions
(384 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG