The online racing simulator
#826 - Don
Quote from mcintyrej :Ah that would explain it, I wish I had a brother with a dedi box!

My bandwidth limit was 2000mb I think and yesterday it went right over to about 3800 I think so my hosting has been cut off until 1st November. I didn't realise that putting all the pictures on there (about 900kb each) would use up so much bandwidth, I guess i'll have to upgrade if I want to host pictures.

just checked on my traffic, for don.vn.cz (where i have all the shit + vids) it is in average about 60 GB, record being 106 GB. for rallyphotos.cz where i have ONLY rally photos, it is about 12 GB (though in august it was 47 GB)...
Quote from Don :just checked on my traffic, for don.vn.cz (where i have all the shit + vids) it is in average about 60 GB, record being 106 GB. for rallyphotos.cz where i have ONLY rally photos, it is about 12 GB (though in august it was 47 GB)...

Thanks Don, I think I'm upgrading to a 50GB bandwidth package and I'm going to try and really shrink the size of the files I was using, mine were a tiny bit smaller in resolution than all of yours on rallyphotos.cz but were around 900kb which is 3 times the size of yours.

Thanks again.
don i see you took the plunge in the peleng fish eye did you do the ebay episode?

LIKE THIS GUY
http://www.jarnell.com/reviews/peleng/index.htm

also what do you think of your kit lens i think its a great lens its the one i use.

for your 50mm is that just a portrait lens? when i went to buy one the guy at the shop said its same as the lens i have just locked at 50m wont make a difference and that made my gf think i was wasting money.

As for the sigma telephoto lens ive being searching for one but they are hard to find here in china but i can get that canon lens with the is for about 300 quid so im looking at that.
Quote from Dooonster :don i see you took the plunge in the peleng fish eye did you do the ebay episode?

LIKE THIS GUY
http://www.jarnell.com/reviews/peleng/index.htm

also what do you think of your kit lens i think its a great lens its the one i use.

for your 50mm is that just a portrait lens? when i went to buy one the guy at the shop said its same as the lens i have just locked at 50m wont make a difference and that made my gf think i was wasting money.

As for the sigma telephoto lens ive being searching for one but they are hard to find here in china but i can get that canon lens with the is for about 300 quid so im looking at that.

The 50mm prime isn't an alternative to the kit lens as the guy in the shop seems to have thought, its a 50mm lens as you know, but the difference between it and the kit lens is the aperture. You get F/1.8 which is a great aperture, it lets a lot more light in than the kit lens so if your taking a picture in the dark then your shutter speeds can be a lot higher, also because its a prime then the optics are spot on and at F/8 this lens is one of the sharpest lenses i've ever seen - which is great since its only £70 brand new.

Sigma telephoto lenses are okay, but the focusing is very slow unless you get a HSM model. I'd say steer away from Sigma and get yourself a Canon model with USM focusing. USM is basically very very fast focusing (almost instant in some cases) which means the lens will be very easy to use. When I had my Sigma I had to use manual focus all of the time because it would never find focus and it was so slow at doing it.

Hope this helps.

Also don't believe everything they say in the shop - most of the time they'll be telling the truth but at the end of the day they are there to make money so beware.
Wow, even I as a non-dSLR user know what the Nifty-Fifty lenses are. If a camera shop is telling you that it is the same as your kit lens other than the fact it's locked at one focal length, it's time to find a new camera shop.
This EF 200mm f/2.8 USM II lens you're all on about, looks very nice, but it would give me no versatility whatsoever. I rapidly change from 70-200 a lot when out shooting. And it's inconvenient for me to carry tons of lenses when I have a small backpack for motorbiking. So other than my Sigma 70-300/4.0-5.6 APO DG Macro lens, there's not really any options unless I spend thousands of pounds. :-\
#832 - Don
Quote from MR_B :This EF 200mm f/2.8 USM II lens you're all on about, looks very nice, but it would give me no versatility whatsoever. I rapidly change from 70-200 a lot when out shooting. And it's inconvenient for me to carry tons of lenses when I have a small backpack for motorbiking. So other than my Sigma 70-300/4.0-5.6 APO DG Macro lens, there's not really any options unless I spend thousands of pounds. :-\

you just have to walk more if you are too close/too far from the object
oh I see, so I have to stand miles away from the track, leaving the gap open to wretched spectators!
There is the Canon 70-300 USM version, which is much much better than the Sigma at focusing - I've used both and the Canon is worth the extra price.
Quote from MR_B : oh I see, so I have to stand miles away from the track, leaving the gap open to wretched spectators!

You can throw rocks and use harsh language at people who come between you and your target.
Not the greatest composed or the greatest quality here.

But, this is what happens when you lay down in the grass and call your pup so you can attempt to get some action shots of her running to you.....

And, may as well put up the other pet since I haven't shown her yet....

Nice play by play shots!
Awwww i like your kitty! Dim sims on the house?
Quote from mrodgers :Guess I'm an arse as well

Across the road from my house. Untouched other than crop and resize. Some great late evening sun just above the horizon in the field behind the camera.

I'm not sure if I shared the following yet here or not....

I've been trying to shoot this guy all summer. He flies over the house and lands down at the river (about 10 miles away). Every time the camera is in the house, except for the other day. They ended up a bit blurry. I've been wanting to jump in the car and try to beat him to the river to catch him land. Interesting how the color of the sky changes through the photos as he passes over. Shot in aperture priority. 1/55", 1/50", and 1/125". No wonder the last one is the only one semi-sharp.

And the last one, me and my youngest daughter. Just playing around coming home from a walk.

WOW love the Tree in B&W. Very nice!!

Here are a couple from fall up here. Northern Ontario doesn't get much in the way of colour either. Mostly yellow
Attached images
DSC_1058.jpg
DSC_1073.jpg
DSC_1081.jpg
DSC_1209.jpg
Quote from Toddshooter :WOW love the Tree in B&W. Very nice!!

Thank you!

Quote :Here are a couple from fall up here. Northern Ontario doesn't get much in the way of colour either. Mostly yellow

Wow, you're not kidding. Lot of yellow in the dog shots. Great dog too.

Believe it or not, the first shot of mine with the trees, the majority of those are yellow as well. That's just the evening sunset that painted them red and orange like that.

Hope you guys aren't getting tired of my new pup!

My daughters were tucking her in for bed in this snapshot....

And I think this is the best shot I've gotten out of the camera yet. Lately I've been having a relapse with my focusing and camera shake and have been getting very soft shots. Finally got one of the pup (Amy, BTW) that I like. You can get good bokeh with a POS superzoom. Wish her ear was in focus better as well, but 1 click on the aperture setting probably would have put the background in focus entirely also....

While I'm here, may as well show the final pet. This is my wife's baby.

She's really good at puzzles....

Quote from mrodgers :Wow, even I as a non-dSLR user know what the Nifty-Fifty lenses are. If a camera shop is telling you that it is the same as your kit lens other than the fact it's locked at one focal length, it's time to find a new camera shop.

his money loss not mine lol

im forking out to get the 50mm next month i wanted it this month but because the guy told my GF that it was the same as mine she said no being the finance person.......

also i want a nice zoom lens but dont want to spend to much on it im looking at the EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III Dunno if anyone has used it but its cheap and recomended as a beginer zoom lens who are not to fussy

heres a few shots from latley
Attached images
_MG_255320081028.jpg
_MG_2380.jpg
Quote from Dooonster :his money loss not mine lol

im forking out to get the 50mm next month i wanted it this month but because the guy told my GF that it was the same as mine she said no being the finance person.......

also i want a nice zoom lens but dont want to spend to much on it im looking at the EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III Dunno if anyone has used it but its cheap and recomended as a beginer zoom lens who are not to fussy

heres a few shots from latley

I'm pretty sure the Canon 50mm f1.8 is as good as the Nikon that I have. By far the cheapest and best lens they make. You can buy it new for $100.00, that is amazing.
I shot a wedding last year right after I bought it almost entirely with the 50mm

MrRogers the only way to get a nice bokeh with a smaller apeture is to get the background further away. No way to do it in this case without a wide apeture.

edit: found a great DIY site for photographers http://www.diyphotography.net/
#843 - Don
Well, i read all of the 29 pages of pictures ant what not. I must say im atracted to taking photo's, i just got a low quality 6.2 hp camera but havent taken any nice photo's yet. VERY VERY creative and high-quality photo's guys. Didnt expect to find a bunch of beutiful pictures of nature, animals ant etc in ant LFS forum
Quote from Danas :Well, i read all of the 29 pages of pictures ant what not.....animals ant etc in ant LFS forum

ant = and

Just to let you know and help you out....

Quote : I must say im atracted to taking photo's, i just got a low quality 6.2 hp camera but havent taken any nice photo's yet. VERY VERY creative and high-quality photo's guys. Didnt expect to find a bunch of beutiful pictures of nature,

Get some pictures and post them up. Camera is just secondary, it's what you create from behind the lens that matters. I'm not the greatest either, but my $200 point and shoot superzoom makes far better images than my coworker's $1500 worth of Canon dSLR and lenses because of what and how I take the photos compared to him.

Need any help, feel free to ask here or even PM. You can PM me anytime. I'm not the greatest photographer out there, nor do I have the greatest of equipment, but I have a lot of "book" knowledge now. I just need to continue applying it to learn. Sometimes you can learn more and easier asking a lot like us than joining in a photography forum full of arrogant pro photographers.
Quote from Danas :Well, i read all of the 29 pages of pictures ant what not. I must say im atracted to taking photo's, i just got a low quality 6.2 hp camera but havent taken any nice photo's yet. VERY VERY creative and high-quality photo's guys. Didnt expect to find a bunch of beutiful pictures of nature, animals ant etc in ant LFS forum

First thing to learn about digital photography is that number of "Mega Pixels" that the camera companies like to talk about so much is BULLSH&% mostly!!
After you get to 6MP there is almost no difference unless you are going for huge prints...and I mean HUGE I have printed great 20x30 prints from my Nikon D70 which is 6MP.
Its what you do with the camera that counts not how big your MP # is.

Hmmmmm sound familiar?

The single most important thing to do is shoot lots of pictures.
Quote from mrodgers :ant = and

Just to let you know and help you out....

Get some pictures and post them up. Camera is just secondary, it's what you create from behind the lens that matters. I'm not the greatest either, but my $200 point and shoot superzoom makes far better images than my coworker's $1500 worth of Canon dSLR and lenses because of what and how I take the photos compared to him.

Need any help, feel free to ask here or even PM. You can PM me anytime. I'm not the greatest photographer out there, nor do I have the greatest of equipment, but I have a lot of "book" knowledge now. I just need to continue applying it to learn. Sometimes you can learn more and easier asking a lot like us than joining in a photography forum full of arrogant pro photographers.

So true!! I hate photo forums because they critique the pictures to death.
Who cares if the subject isn't on the exact 1/3 line!! Do you like the picture or not thats all I care about. Does it grab you by the balls and make you want to see more? This is a good picture to me even if the subject is dead centre.
Got a new DSLR, decided to give it a go outside and snap some pics.

Attached images
DSC_0126_sm.jpg
DSC_0130_sm.jpg
Well, I did try to take some decent pictures. I don't know if there in your level of detail but I think they came out nice.
Attached images
Sculpture.png
Plant(close-up_blur).png
Matches.png
Fall.png
Down_Below.png
Apple.png
Quote from Danas :Well, I did try to take some decent pictures. I don't know if there in your level of detail but I think they came out nice.

There good M8 Keep shooting thats how you improve.

The main question is "Did you enjoy shooting them, and do you like the results?" If the answer is yes, then they are perfect pictures!!!

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG