The online racing simulator
and here's a few of mine
Attached images
DSC01756a.JPG
DSC01744a.JPG
DSC01366a.JPG
I was very lucky a few months back and found a canon eos 40d laying on the pavement outside my house. It was laying there, in its case, no charger or anything, just the camera, and a quiet street with nobody to ask about it.

It was relitively undamaged except for a small chip out of the lens hood thing (see picture, and yes i know it's on the wrong way round in the picture lol) So, after looking for any identification or phone numbers on the camera, and looking through many pictures of wildlife, flowers, butterflies etc, in an attempt to find some kind of clue as to who the owner could be i took it to the police station and forgot all about it.

about a month or so later i got a phone call from the constabulary to say that the camera had not been claimed and was legally regarded as my property and to go and get it else it would be disposed of.

I collected it, put it on ebay as i have no knowledge of cameras and i got £530.34 gbp for the camera with the lens, cir polarizing filter, (whatever the hell that means) 2gb memory card and case. And to think, if it hadn't been for my parents making me take the bins out that day someone else would have probably found it.

And even better than that, i am in the process of moving into my first home with my fiancee and this will cover at least the first months rent, and the years tv license!
Attached images
cam.jpg
And who says good people never win?

My entry for my first DPChallenge! Basic editing rules were in force so this shot is straight from the camera and just resized. Hope you like!
A grey box with the word access denied is all i can see??
Quote from SamH :I decided to go all out. A self-portrait -

[edit] I think we should all do self-portraits. It'd be good to see who's behind these cameras! Come on, guys!

Holy crap... Rick Astley's grown a beard!!!!!
Jayhawk, you're an arse. That statement has nothing to do with jealousy over the autumn colours you guys seem to get. Over here the trees just turn slightly yellow, then lose their leaves, and you can't photograph them anyway otherwise your camera gets waterlogged.

Seriously though - lovely shot!
Aye, there really is nowt like a maple turning. Great shot, Jay.. I'm truly envious

Here's my autumn contribution. I took this with my old F4 years ago, on my deck in Chicago. A bit of post-processing but not actually that much.
Attached images
Leaves-on-the-Deck.jpg
Quote from STROBE :Jayhawk, you're an arse. That statement has nothing to do with jealousy over the autumn colours you guys seem to get. Over here the trees just turn slightly yellow, then lose their leaves, and you can't photograph them anyway otherwise your camera gets waterlogged.

Seriously though - lovely shot!

Guess I'm an arse as well

Across the road from my house. Untouched other than crop and resize. Some great late evening sun just above the horizon in the field behind the camera.

I'm not sure if I shared the following yet here or not....

I've been trying to shoot this guy all summer. He flies over the house and lands down at the river (about 10 miles away). Every time the camera is in the house, except for the other day. They ended up a bit blurry. I've been wanting to jump in the car and try to beat him to the river to catch him land. Interesting how the color of the sky changes through the photos as he passes over. Shot in aperture priority. 1/55", 1/50", and 1/125". No wonder the last one is the only one semi-sharp.

And the last one, me and my youngest daughter. Just playing around coming home from a walk.

Mike gets some really great fall colors in rural PA, I am envious of him!

Thanks, guys. Picture was taken at the Morton Arboretum, where I am a member and go weekly to take photos.
Sorry about the broken image, didn't realise you couldn't hotlink from the competition. Here's my entry attached.
Attached images
Cheap as chips.jpg
Hey guys, awesome photos once again! I have an update on my brothers Nikon D90 that i like to use! he just got a new lens, 150-500. It's one huge mother! (see image)

Also, ill attach a photo i took standing at the back door with the new lense, randomly taking photos.
Attached images
DSC00018.JPG
Tree.jpg
Only Autumn pic of the year for me
Morning snapshot on my way to work some time ago.

Colours are somewhat nice but that's about it.
The main road out across the field from my house is a main throughway between northern and southern cities. Very often, LifeFlight copper follows it flying between hospitals or to reach accidents. I've been trying to capture it flying over the house for some time now. I always seem to be unprepared with the camera in the house and the chopper passing by before I could grab the camera.

Tonight I was working outside on the house when I heard it coming. Again, the camera was in the house. I bolted for the kitchen to grab it in time. I could see it coming in the southern sky.

I got it in time. A quick setup in Aperture Priority because I don't have time to set it in manual. Out into the yard I go trying to hurry and set the ISO so I can be sure to get a better shutter speed than I have been getting. Get the camera pointed to the sky and find that it isn't the LifeFlight chopper in my viewfinder. I find something that I've only seen fly over once since moving into the house.....

Dang it again, the shots are somewhat blurry. Now thinking about it, I remember the shutter = 1/f guideline. I think that is my problem with the aircraft shots. My lens is 38-380 mm at 35 mm equivalent. Since I'm out at 380 mm when I see the airplanes up in the sky, I think that is my problem. I'm not getting a fast enough shutter speed.

A shame, when we first moved to the house, a couple times a year we had two C-30's fly over very slow and very low in formation. We were good to see them at least 3 times a year. Haven't seen them for quite a few years now. I'd LOVE to capture them with the camera.
Quote from mrodgers :The main road out across the field from my house is a main throughway between northern and southern cities. Very often, LifeFlight copper follows it flying between hospitals or to reach accidents. I've been trying to capture it flying over the house for some time now. I always seem to be unprepared with the camera in the house and the chopper passing by before I could grab the camera.

Tonight I was working outside on the house when I heard it coming. Again, the camera was in the house. I bolted for the kitchen to grab it in time. I could see it coming in the southern sky.

I got it in time. A quick setup in Aperture Priority because I don't have time to set it in manual. Out into the yard I go trying to hurry and set the ISO so I can be sure to get a better shutter speed than I have been getting. Get the camera pointed to the sky and find that it isn't the LifeFlight chopper in my viewfinder. I find something that I've only seen fly over once since moving into the house.....

Awesome. I believe you saw an
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AH-64_Apache
Quote from mrodgers :Dang it again, the shots are somewhat blurry. Now thinking about it, I remember the shutter = 1/f guideline. I think that is my problem with the aircraft shots. My lens is 38-380 mm at 35 mm equivalent. Since I'm out at 380 mm when I see the airplanes up in the sky, I think that is my problem. I'm not getting a fast enough shutter speed.

Well, your shutter speed is fast enough to freeze the rotor blades in some of your shots. Generally it's nice to have some blur on props or rotors, so ideally a couple of them would've had a slightly slower slower shutter speed, but as you say, you can't drop too low due to the camera shake. So I'd say your shutter speed is fine where it is, and focus on reducing the camera shake. Very hard to do on a superzoom compact (unlike an SLR where you have the bulk of the camera and lens to absorb shakes and can adopt a good stance), but try bracing yourself against a wall or fence or suchlike, or even learn to control your breathing like a sniper does. Or buy a monopod.
Another one I may or may not of posted before:

EDIT - Looks rubbish when made smaller...
lol jak... you and your beer.

O/T: Jak how did u make ure web page? what program did you use? i like the simplicity of it, and im looking to develop one.
Quote from mickyc30 :lol jak... you and your beer.

At least it's not a picture of a pink flower...

O/T: Jak how did u make ure web page? what program did you use? i like the simplicity of it, and im looking to develop one.

Lightroom, for the main page. If you follow his "about me" and go to /Germany or /can'trememberwhatitis, they are done with simple viewer. I learned about simple viewer by following someone else's post here.

I like simple viewer as it's...... simple. I just don't have an easy way to upload without needing to create each individual folder and upload each individual file to it's proper folder with my (free) webhost.

Quote from spankmeyer :That's nothing unusual but the Autumn camouflage is something unusual.

Or maybe it's rust as the US military isn't actually swimming in money any moar.

I believe the color is from the evening sun setting behind the camera, same sun as in my autumn leaves picture earlier. The camera was on auto whitebalance.

Quote from STROBE :Well, your shutter speed is fast enough to freeze the rotor blades in some of your shots. Generally it's nice to have some blur on props or rotors, so ideally a couple of them would've had a slightly slower slower shutter speed, but as you say, you can't drop too low due to the camera shake. So I'd say your shutter speed is fine where it is, and focus on reducing the camera shake. Very hard to do on a superzoom compact (unlike an SLR where you have the bulk of the camera and lens to absorb shakes and can adopt a good stance), but try bracing yourself against a wall or fence or suchlike, or even learn to control your breathing like a sniper does. Or buy a monopod.

Hmm, I do have a "homemade" monopod. I may have to have it handy when I hear the planes I want to shoot fly over. I hadn't thought of a monopod. Mine is pieces of a homemade tripod I used before buying one. I have a lot of lower flying aircraft flying over the house as my area is where trainees fly over and do banking manouvers from the airport about 30 miles away.
lol thankyou will have a look

It's Cider.

I just used the default gallery thingy in Adobe Lightroom.

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG