The online racing simulator
Quote from Fuse5 :Ben - is the Pana any good, as in, is micro 4/3rds worth the cost? Last time I checked, The panasonic was well over current entry level regular DSLRs in price

The price is way too high for me to consider it, but it's a really nice camera to use once you get over not having an OVF (helps that the EVF is easily the best on the market). The coolest thing about Micro-4/3, IMO, is that there are easily obtainable adapters for basically every lens mount ever made. This means you can use extremely cheap, extremely awesome Canon FD and Minolta MD lenses, among others. I'm waiting for an Olympus PEN-series camera with a rangefinder-style OVF and a hotshoe mount, tbh.
p.s., Sam... clean your sensor!
Sam, you stole my photo! The other day I drove past the field down the road from home thinking that it would make a good image of the hay bales with the morning sun blasting through some clouds. Unfortunately, I leave for work way too early and the sun isn't up yet....

That's exactly the image I had imagined.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :p.s., Sam... clean your sensor!

Man, it's never-ending. I really need a proper sensor cleaning kit but they're a rip-off at the places I can get them. I'm getting by - loosely - with a can of compressed air and a fist full of cotton buds on sticks. Far from ideal, I know
Quote from mrodgers :Sam, you stole my photo! The other day I drove past the field down the road from home thinking that it would make a good image of the hay bales with the morning sun blasting through some clouds. Unfortunately, I leave for work way too early and the sun isn't up yet....

That's exactly the image I had imagined.

Sorry Mike!

I very nearly didn't stop to get that shot, too. We'd had a day out on the coast and we were driving back, tired and achy. I saw the view and went "Ooooh!" My partner-in-crime pointed out that I'd lugged my camera around all day and hadn't taken a single photo, and ordered me off the road to get the shot. I chanced it and followed her orders, lunged off the main road down a farm track, saw the perfect composition and jumped out. I was back in the car and driving on home within 2 minutes. I just got lucky for once
Quote from SamH :Man, it's never-ending. I really need a proper sensor cleaning kit but they're a rip-off at the places I can get them. I'm getting by - loosely - with a can of compressed air and a fist full of cotton buds on sticks. Far from ideal, I know

Compressed air is probably not the best idea, given it likely has small particles of wet stuff suspended in it. I really strongly recommend the Giottos rocket blower, though it obviously won't handle stuck-on-while-wet spots, just loose dry dust.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :So it turns out it WAS the 1000mm f/8. I got a $1000 lens for $400.

I checked the sample shots via the forum links and went like 'wat'. It was all birds 'n shit and trees and not a single peeping tom shot from across the continent. Pentax users, shees.

Quote from DeadWolfBones :
In other news, Sony drops the <$2000 full-frame dSLR bomb:

http://www.luminous-landscape. ... s/cameras/alpha-850.shtml
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0908/09082705sonya850.asp

Someone must've defused the bomb as I didn't hear a poof?

You can get a 5D for 1300$ and it matches the Sony in image quality.

My co-worker had the A900. It squeaked when you held it.

EDIT: Sorry for initial pissyness. The more FF cameras around the merrier.
Quote from spankmeyer :I checked the sample shots via the forum links and went like 'wat'. It was all birds 'n shit and trees and not a single peeping tom shot from across the continent. Pentax users, shees.

The 5D is cheaper, sure, but it's also 2 generations old at this point. This is the first FF dSLR with a launch price at or under $2000. Sign of things to come, hopefully.

Just a quick snapshot of our kitty - the lighting is made just by a CRT monitor in front of the cat. Enjoy!
Quote from Spangler_CZE :

Just a quick snapshot of our kitty - the lighting is made just by a CRT monitor in front of the cat. Enjoy!

Extremely atmospheric. Love it!

Did some shooting with the SMC Takumar 55mm f/1.8 this week:

Love this lens!
First try @ making HDR pictures

Quote from richukss :First try @ making HDR pictures

A little bit too much saturation on the 2nd one, but the other ones are absolutely breathtaking!

Bike posing..
Attached images
_MG_8578s.jpg
Very nice bike. One word.... (Background)
Quote from Toddshooter :Hehehehe Switch the pic to B&W that always works too

Yeah, I tried. It was nice but i though of bringing the colors of the stickers visible because it really does an effect to the bikes look
Decided this week to shoot using only my oft-neglected M42 lenses on my K20D. Involved in the project are:
  • SMC Takumar 55mm f/1.8
  • Yashinon/Tomioka 60mm f/2.8 Macro
  • Jupiter-9 85mm f/2
  • Vivitar 135mm f/2.8
First up we have the Yashinon 60mm. Frankly, I'm in love with this lens, but it does have its quirks. Most glaringly, it's horrible about flare. Like... really horrible. And the filter ring on mine is dented, so I can't use a CPL or anything. Oh well. Just crank up those black levels in Lightroom!

The lens has an odd design that allows macros from both a reasonable distance and extremely close. It's also a preset lens, which I'm thankfully already used to from my J-9. Anyway, it's ridiculously sharp for both macros and longer shots, and once you amp up the contrast and black levels it has great colors. Here are some examples:

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG