The online racing simulator
Some good stuff!

Some from the new forest. but was mainly drinking and not taking photos.

was wet and cold most of the weekend :'(
Attached images
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
Went to Abiquiu Lake on Saturday:

Don't you just love how blue you can make skies in Lightroom!!!

Great shots mate

I decided to abandon realism for that set.
Shot a three band gig tonight. Exposures were around, dunno, 1/60, f2.8, ISO12800 - and the files are clean as a whistle. Is fun making Canon shooters pack their stuff early.

EDIT: No girl bands though why I even bothered.
What body are you shooting with these days, Spanky?
Had a D700 for about a year now. Such a wonderful piece of gear. Can't honestly see myself wanting an upgrade in many years to come unless I get a good deal for a used D3.

The D80 remains as a backup body for paying gigs.

(Just a quick preview from the night. I'll probably pull the attachment down when I have time to sit in front of LR2 to tweak the images for a while.)
Attached images
DSC_8569.jpg
ISO 12800, eh?

Pentax, where's your FF?
Quote from jonaz lindberg :Yes, shopped.

Very nice pictures dude, and nice to see that someone appreciates the ICA Maxi parkinglot :P haha..

Edit: some of my gf's photos when she were out @ her family's summerhouse.
Canon EOS 1000D with EF-S 18-55mm (kitstuff)
Attached images
IMG_000-1.jpg
IMG_000-2.jpg
IMG_000-3.jpg
More from M42 Week '09: the Vivitar 135mm f/2.8...

Got this lens on a Yashica TL Electro X body at an estate sale for a combined total of $20 (same place I got the Yashinon macro, for another $20). Vivitar primes are pretty hit and miss in general, but this one seems quite nice. My copy has taken a fall at some point, resulting in a dent to the built-in hood and some slight stiffness at the long end of the focus throw, but aside from that it's pristine. Image quality is quite nice:

Some more experimentals:

Attached images
_DSC7793.jpg
_DSC7837.jpg
DSC07841.jpg
Quote from DeadWolfBones :More from M42 Week '09: the Vivitar 135mm f/2.8...

Got this lens on a Yashica TL Electro X body at an estate sale for a combined total of $20 (same place I got the Yashinon macro, for another $20). Vivitar primes are pretty hit and miss in general, but this one seems quite nice. My copy has taken a fall at some point, resulting in a dent to the built-in hood and some slight stiffness at the long end of the focus throw, but aside from that it's pristine. Image quality is quite nice

Man that is nice and sharp. I think the dust on my sensor is affecting my image sharpness. It is soft with every lens and even with manual focusing. I am going to take the plunge and by a sensor cleaning kit.
Quote from Toddshooter :Man that is nice and sharp. I think the dust on my sensor is affecting my image sharpness. It is soft with every lens and even with manual focusing. I am going to take the plunge and by a sensor cleaning kit.

I assume you've tried a good blower? If not, try the Giottos rocket blower. May solve most of your dust problems without having to actually touch the sensor.

If that doesn't work, I recommend either the genuine Pentax cleaning kit (works on all brands of dSLRs! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXLDwbR3V54) or the Copper Hill method (http://www.copperhillimages.co ... p?pr=Copper_Hill_Products).
Quote from DeadWolfBones :I assume you've tried a good blower? If not, try the Giottos rocket blower. May solve most of your dust problems without having to actually touch the sensor.

If that doesn't work, I recommend either the genuine Pentax cleaning kit (works on all brands of dSLRs! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXLDwbR3V54) or the Copper Hill method (http://www.copperhillimages.co ... p?pr=Copper_Hill_Products).

Thanks for the link. I have read about that before. My main issue is I have absolutely no money right now. So if I FU%$ up my sensor I'm back to my old D70 until further notice The problem with that is it gives error messages every 10 shots or so, and it has over 70 000 actuations already. Way over the limit
Oh well I'm gonna give it a go. You only live once and I can't stand the soft crappy images coming out of my camera anymore.
It's not actually that easy to damage the sensor. Just be careful, not fearful
Best way to see if you've got dust is to stop your lens down to f/22 or whatever and shoot the blue sky. Dust will jump out at you.

It would have to be a pretty insane dust problem to cause softness across an entire image, though. In fact the only way I could see that happening would be if it were dust coating the lens elements, not the camera sensor.
Quote from Toddshooter :Man that is nice and sharp. I think the dust on my sensor is affecting my image sharpness. It is soft with every lens and even with manual focusing. I am going to take the plunge and by a sensor cleaning kit.

imho to have soft images there must be something else than just dust on a sensor or lens. i had my CPL completely covered with dust and all images were pretty sharp...however you should give it a try...or check camera settings and sharpening levels.
------

photos from yesterday hiking http://majod.photo-frame.com/gallery/travell/tatry092/
Shots from the Tuesday gig
The light was terrible and I might have been a bit drunk.

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG