The online racing simulator
Quote from spankmeyer :New crap ahoy!

First a band promo shoot I did earlier this month. This is an un-processed preview so be gentle - "I'll fix it in the mix"!

Sorry for the watermark. Shot on an overcast evening. Details on Flickr if someone's interested.

And I was very bored last night so it was self-portrait time again.

Very good!... Especially the self portrait!
Here are some I got this morning.
Attached images
DSC_3536.jpg
DSC_3644.jpg
DSC_3669.jpg
DSC_3713.jpg
Quote from spankmeyer :I respectfully request you to post a video of your lens swap technique/living quarters/working enviroment if your sensor is clogged with dust so often.

Granted, I don't take pictures of brick walls or blue skies at f22.

I take the solid sky pic with the aperture closed down to check the sensor after I clean it. As far as lens swapping, I keep the body pointed down and the power off. That's it, regardless of environment.

I do have two bodies, and I do keep a wide on one and a tele on the other. However, I shoot a good 4000 frames a week, in every type of environment, and sometimes you have to change lenses in the field, period. Dust gets in there. You won't notice it until about f8, but when you really close it down it starts to show. Go do the test, you'd be surprised.

Anyway, I'm just saying, the sensor cleaning feature on my 40d works quite well.
I second that.
i third that
Haven't had a chance to develop my RAWs for a couple weeks, so this is sort of a jumble of random shots. The unifying theme is sunsets (and sunrises) since I only get to shoot things just before and just after work:

Kit lens @ 18mm

Helios 44-M

Helios 44-M

FA 50 f/1.4

FA 50 f/1.4

FA 50 f/1.4

Helios 44-M

FA 50 f/1.4

FA 50 f/1.4

FA 50 f/1.4

FA 50 f/1.4

Kit lens @ 48mm

FA 50 f/1.4
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Haven't had a chance to develop my RAWs for a couple weeks, so this is sort of a jumble of random shots. The unifying theme is sunsets (and sunrises) since I only get to shoot things just before and just after work:

Except for the bird, teh colours are so purdy. :lovies3d:
Yeah, one of the best things about living out here.
I like this pic, dunno why.. Raw pic. maybe because it's from m5
Attached images
IMG_3257f.jpg
Not showing off any mind boggling photography skills here, but....

The dog was outside. Wifey and I are watching TV and she pauses the DVR.

"Do you hear water running?"

Then we hear the well pump kick on. Yup, water is running somewhere. Can't pinpoint it anywhere in the house which is easy because it's a small house and the furthest water source is only about 12 feet from any point in the house. So I open up the front door where we have an outside faucet. Water is just gushing out and the dog is just happy as can be romping around in the giant mudpuddle forming there. This was spur-of-the-moment through the front screendoor hence the muddy paw swipes on the glass. Wish it would have come out with better detail.....

What Dad? Why you looking at me like that?

Attached images
IMG_0244 copys.jpg
IMG_3275His.jpg
Got my DA 35mm f/2.8 Macro Limited lens yesterday, but so far I've used it for mostly non-macro shots! Hmm...

The thing I'm finding about photos from this lens is that I have to do much less post-processing in Lightroom to get them to look how I want. Contrast, color, sharpness are all so much better out of the box. I'm really gonna love this one.
i love the first one..
i am thinking of buying this lens in the next few days
http://www.warehouseexpress.co ... .aspx?sku=13170#bvreviews

i want a bigger focal lenth lens for 2 reasons, the first is im going to cyprus in a couple of weeks and want another lens for shooting stuff as im gonna be staying in the hills and secondly because i want it for when i am at brands hatch for the british truck racing next weekend. i know its not a great lens but im on a budget atm.

oh and its going onto a 450d
nice one thanks mate
Seems like the slower aperture and the chromatic aberration are the main concerns, along with the build quality. For the price, though, you'd be hard-pressed to do much better.
my thoughs exactly, ill get myself a beeter long lens wheni can afford it but atm this seems like a good option
The resale market on these things is pretty good, anyway. Think of it as an investment rather than an expenditure.
well yh there is that to it
DWB, the bokeh on that lens looks weird.. or is it just me? There's what looks like a cross pattern on the leaves in one of the photos, and on the b/w "journey", it looks like you've applied a radial blur.
The cross pattern on the leaves is due to the screen on the window that was providing the sunlight there. As far as the "radial" blur effect on the type... not sure about that one. I think it's just extremely shallow DOF.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :The cross pattern on the leaves is due to the screen on the window that was providing the sunlight there. As far as the "radial" blur effect on the type... not sure about that one. I think it's just extremely shallow DOF.

Ahhhh! It all makes sense now! I'd never have figured out the screen shadow. At first I thought the leaves were fabric/woven! LOL

The more I look at the b/w image, the more I think it's just a bit of an optical illusion. The horizontal lines, and the gradual loss of focus along them results in the illusion of radial blur.. but it's just an illusion. I wondered at first if it was the result of an aspherical element or something similar.

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG