The online racing simulator
Wait, wait. Yorkshire, British flag, Illinois? That doesn't add up!

Care to explain Sam 2?
Quote from (SaM) :Wait, wait. Yorkshire, British flag, Illinois? That doesn't add up!

Care to explain Sam 2?

Like another UKCT member, he used to live/work in the US.
Aye, Chris Raemisch hails from Wisconsin, not actually that far from where I lived in Illinois, relatively speaking. I only lived there for 5 years though.
Now it all starts to make sense of why you Brits think all our roads are straight and flat. Interstate-80 running through Illinois is quite a wide, flat, and straight road with it's 4 lanes in each direction. 8 lanes is a lot of road .

I just submitted to my first photo contest. It's just for a toy company and they want photos with bubbles in it. Here's the other entries so far - click.

I guess I have to wait until mine is approved as it's not listed yet. First prize is $1000 gift card to Target, in which they have a selection of Nikons up through the D300 and a lesser selection of Canon XT and XS.

I don't normally toss photos of my own kids up on the net, but here is the one I submitted of my youngest Emma....

And since I have my youngest one out there now, may as well show off my photo skills with my oldest Lauren....

Fabulous photos, Mike. Looking at the other entries, so far I think a Nikon D300 is in the bag for you!

I've driven quite a few miles West on I-80 (and stopped at the famous truckstop, of course!) and driven to the East coast on I-90. All I can say is that it's a good thing the Eisenhower is going to be getting some attention at last!
Quote from SamH :I haven't been out taking photos much lately but I did pull out my shoebox full of negatives and begin scanning some in.

It's quite a long time since I dealt with film in any way, and quite frankly I'd forgotten just how much post-processing you had to do with negatives when scanning them in. I don't feel quite as bad as I did, any more, messing about with camera RAW files to achieve better results!

An ominous cloud dragged itself over my house...

I've forgotten what this plane was, now.. Oshkosh Airshow.

There was a massive thunderstorm all throughout the airshow, with lightning strikes on the runway. A bunch of us, who in retrospect were complete idiots, still sat on the grass through the whole show!

Cool, cool shots.
That's awesome, Mike. I think you might get that dSLR pretty soon.

The first shot is a winner for sure.
Mike that bubble shot is wonderful!!

Heres my bubble shot, and one of my daughter so your not alone with a family shot on here.
I second your sentiment about putting my kids pics up on the net.
Attached images
_DSC80138x12character1.jpg
My little sweety1.jpg
Cool, my photo is up on the site now. You all can feel free to click that link and vote for my phote! Hehehe
Voted.

The rest are just snapshots. Your photo truly captures the essence of childhood bubble joy.
I voted for Mike's of course. It was a pleasure to be able to vote for a friend AND vote for by far the best of the bunch, all in one! No bias.. no NEED for bias!
Voted for Mike aswell. Great shot!
Voted aswell.

Many Great Shots on the last few pages.
Here are some new ones from the "Basler Fasnacht".

-
(traxxion) DELETED by traxxion : ugly edit tag
Not as artistic as many of the posts here, but I was quite happy with this shot. I made it on Circuit Park Zandvoort back in 2004. Can't remember who the driver on the picture is, what I do remember is that Sebastian Vettel absolutely obliterated the competition in both races that day!

Photo was taken with a Pentax analogue SLR. I scanned the negatives to convert it into digital images as I worked in a photo lab back then..
Nice shot, Rene. Has that classic film look.

I've got a Pentax Spotmatic and a K1000, and two AF Pentax film bodies on the way.

Gotta slow down!
Quote from Highsider9 :Voted aswell.

I'm glad the Basler Fasnacht is alot cooler than the Villmerger Fasnacht.
I live there, and this marching band from hell marches back and forth my bedroom window from 22.00 until 5.00 in the morning, 3 times a week! I swear, I feel like a soldier waking up in a battlezone... (with the same killer instinct)
Arrrgh I so want to start photography and buy a camera, again.

Have wanted to buy one for years. But now the reason is that I've been taking pictures and writing short news bits as a trainee for a local newspaper for a month. And now I'm really sure I want to take photography as a hobby and the camera wouldn't sit useless gathering dust.

Yeah, and a burst of awesome I need to get out. I've been working with an old Canon EOS 350D with some focusing issues. But today I got hold of a spanking new Canon 50D. Must admit I'm rather novice with cameras, but there is just something in the feel of that sort of bulky equipment which makes it feel awesome. It's like shooting with a gun, but the opposite and more awesome, creating and not destroying.
Quote from Highsider9 :Voted aswell.

Your shots blew me away! Especially liked the last one.
Must agree, those are awesome photos Highsider! I wish I had the guts to get in the thick of the action and take photos!

What lens are you using to get such wide-angle photos? You're using digital aren't you?
Wow, thanks guys. These were shot with a Sigma 10-20mm (which I borrowed from a friend) on my Nikon D50.
Not a big fan of too wide of an angle here, but those indeed are good. The 3rd shot appears that maybe you were changing the focal length while taking the shot? And the last one is very sharp. That's my biggest problem with equipment right now is sharpness, it's even more of a problem I think than the limited aperture range with my cheapie camera.

And thanks for the votes. It's not a real photo contest unfortunately, basically just a popularity contest of who can beg more people to click for the vote, LOL. I do have not only family, but a collection of friends on some sim racing forum (if you call them friends, muhahaha) and folks on a photography forum clicking votes for me, hehe.
Quote from mrodgers :The 3rd shot appears that maybe you were changing the focal length while taking the shot?

Looks a bit like a Lensbaby shot, too.
Quote from mrodgers :Not a big fan of too wide of an angle here, but those indeed are good. The 3rd shot appears that maybe you were changing the focal length while taking the shot? And the last one is very sharp. That's my biggest problem with equipment right now is sharpness, it's even more of a problem I think than the limited aperture range with my cheapie camera.

And thanks for the votes. It's not a real photo contest unfortunately, basically just a popularity contest of who can beg more people to click for the vote, LOL. I do have not only family, but a collection of friends on some sim racing forum (if you call them friends, muhahaha) and folks on a photography forum clicking votes for me, hehe.

...and a humble group of 10.000 people who know your shot is the best one of all.
Quote from mrodgers :Now it all starts to make sense of why you Brits think all our roads are straight and flat. Interstate-80 running through Illinois is quite a wide, flat, and straight road with it's 4 lanes in each direction. 8 lanes is a lot of road .

I just submitted to my first photo contest. It's just for a toy company and they want photos with bubbles in it. Here's the other entries so far - click.

I guess I have to wait until mine is approved as it's not listed yet. First prize is $1000 gift card to Target, in which they have a selection of Nikons up through the D300 and a lesser selection of Canon XT and XS.

I don't normally toss photos of my own kids up on the net, but here is the one I submitted of my youngest Emma....

And since I have my youngest one out there now, may as well show off my photo skills with my oldest Lauren....

Voted for yah best of luck m8

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG