The online racing simulator
Be the rebel of the Pentax tree shooter club and give us some cleavage shots from 2 miles away.
Went out last Saturday for a quick afternoon hike on a cross-country skiing trail in the mountains here. The aspens that high up have already lost much of their color/leaves, but it was still a gorgeous day to be out. Took along much of my kit, but mainly used the DA 70 Ltd., the Tamron 90 Macro, the DA 21 Ltd., and the Helios-44K-4.

So I've got my first semi-pro photo gig this weekend...

The company I work for is handling marketing a certain actress's ranch out here, and they want to do a "photo book" for it, which is one of their general marketing strategies. Unfortunately, all the photos they have for the place are very real estate-y, and they want a lot of artsier/more atmospheric shots to round out the book. Some people around the office have seen my stuff and it was suggested in a meeting that I take a crack at it.

Because I lack experience/confidence with this kind of shooting I'm not charging them anything more than time-and-a-half my normal hourly rate. I figure if it goes well I can use it as a calling card for future gigs.

Woohoo?
Quote from Don :these guys wanted some photo(s) of their civic type-r for a calendar...
http://don.vn.cz/photos/civictyper2/

Really nice shots all around. Can't believe they didn't fix the cracked windshield before the shoot.

Also, you might want to clone yourself out of the bumper on some of those shots.
they could have atleast washed the car before the shoot :/

im gonna clone my reflection out on the photo(s) they choose for the calendar, didn't want to bother doing it on all pics just for web
Quote from DeadWolfBones :So I've got my first semi-pro photo gig this weekend...

The company I work for is handling marketing a certain actress's ranch out here, and they want to do a "photo book" for it, which is one of their general marketing strategies. Unfortunately, all the photos they have for the place are very real estate-y, and they want a lot of artsier/more atmospheric shots to round out the book. Some people around the office have seen my stuff and it was suggested in a meeting that I take a crack at it.

Because I lack experience/confidence with this kind of shooting I'm not charging them anything more than time-and-a-half my normal hourly rate. I figure if it goes well I can use it as a calling card for future gigs.

Woohoo?

Good luck
Quote from Don :they could have atleast washed the car before the shoot :/

im gonna clone my reflection out on the photo(s) they choose for the calendar, didn't want to bother doing it on all pics just for web

Don,looks like you were shooting on a closed road(or private,anyway):why didn't you do a rig?
You could have let the civic run while you were inside another car(at slow speeds)in front taking some really cool shots.
That would have been amazing.
the road wasn't closed, but its road where goes only few cars per day...
i wanted to do that, but there was not enough time plus i didnt take the tripod with me, but anyway, im planning to do that on one of my next photoshoots
Quote from Don :the road wasn't closed, but its road where goes only few cars per day...
i wanted to do that, but there was not enough time plus i didnt take the tripod with me, but anyway, im planning to do that on one of my next photoshoots

Nice
There's really no need to bring a tripod as any bump in the road will be a huge risk for the camera to drop.
If you happen to have(or borrow)a VR lens you can use that.
Use "long" shutter speeds (1/20s should be good) and try to stay at about 20kmh.
Check the road conditions first,you want the tarmac and the driver to be as smooth as possible.
Quote from IlGuercio :Nice
There's really no need to bring a tripod as any bump in the road will be a huge risk for the camera to drop.
If you happen to have(or borrow)a VR lens you can use that.
Use "long" shutter speeds (1/20s should be good) and try to stay at about 20kmh.
Check the road conditions first,you want the tarmac and the driver to be as smooth as possible.

yeah, the road condition is really important - and a bit problematic on czech roads i already have some experience with this
Quote from Don :yeah, the road condition is really important - and a bit problematic on czech roads i already have some experience with this

That's what i was talking about
I think that a better idea would be to have a station wagon and fold the rear seats flat so you can lay down on your chest in the boot.A friend can hold you in place tightening his hands around your ankles.
I would leave the tripod in its bag,i don't trust roads anymore,while you surely can survive a little bump thanks to a very well distributed weight and low centre of gravity the tripod would easily fall off the car as a consequence of any imperfection.Just be patient and raise the speed in little steps.
Some autumn shots from the K-M (still on the 18-55)

Sorry for the huge dump.
No problem, Taavi. Some nice fall colors there.
Found a folder of RAWs on my hard drive from who knows when (a month or two ago). All with the Tamron 28-75/2.8.

I didnt wanna make a new thread about this, but is there a software which displays information about the image like aperture, shutter speed, etc when I open the picture? So I dont have to keep looking at my camera to find out? I was wondering whether the image file would hold this information, after being uploaded to the PC or not.
Quote from Alex_Ward :I didnt wanna make a new thread about this, but is there a software which displays information about the image like aperture, shutter speed, etc when I open the picture? So I dont have to keep looking at my camera to find out? I was wondering whether the image file would hold this information, after being uploaded to the PC or not.

ACDSee with EXIF plugin works ok and iz free.

However it's not unusual for the photographer to strip the EXIF info during uploading.
Just about every photo editing software I've seen allows you to see the EXIF data (EXIF data is the aperture, shutter, ISO, and other data.) Photoshop has it, Paintshop Pro, I imagine Gimp. Also, the lesser programs also allow you to see it. ACDSee as Spankmeyer mentioned, ThumbsPlus and IrfanView both show it. Usually you can go under Properties in the File menu to see the EXIF data, or sometimes it is just labeled as "Camera Info" or something similar.

Opanda is a free download to allow you to view EXIF. It also allows you to right click images on the web and display EXIF unless the data is stripped. I can't see EXIF on DWB's photos, but the first photo of Taavi(EST)'s last posting was taken with a Pentax K-m in Aperture Priority at 1/100 second, f/11 aperture, ISO 100, -1/3 exposure compensation, 55 mm focal length with no flash and auto white balance. He also has his camera set up to process the JPEGs with hard contrast, low saturation, and normal sharpness.
Well, Ive downloaded the ACDSee Software and it works great. Thanks
Just getting around to this summers pics God I'm the worlds biggest procrastinator!!

One of my Dad while we fish for Lake Trout. One of my kids just because. And a couple of a local horse that is a willing model.
Attached images
DSC_7042.jpg
DSC_7106.jpg
DSC_8735.jpg
DSC_8767.jpg
Not really a showoff but had a great night/morning in the club and was shooting. I was just shooting only raw so did only quick convert of few photos to facebook without any corrections. Sorry for small photos. so much things to do today. In the the last picture is me. So who does not know me and I was around for already few years have finally chance to see me . And yeh, those chicks :P were wonderfull. They have been everywhere

http://www.facebook.com/album. ... 10046210&l=9579730f43
I know the pictures are too small to judge but if they would be bigger you will slobber on the screen . I can not do that you guys

EDITED:
ok,ok
Adding some so you can drool :-)

A few more.

I got lucky!

Hard drive crashed, then Wifey broke Windows and the computer won't boot. I was able to move all my photos off the drive onto the Windows drive before it all went completely kaput. I was able to boot to Ubuntu running off a CD, grabbed a 500 gig external drive, and get everything on C: saved to the external so I can reformat and restore Windows (OEM install, no stinkin CD to repair it with.

Unfortunately, I still had all my edited photos, many of them edited for personal use on screensavers and such, plus I had a "sort" folder that wasn't completely empty yet that I lost. I'm still trying to get the hard drive recognized on boot up one more time, but I think it's a lost cause. Maybe it will be there once more after I get windows reloaded.

But at least I didn't lose the 30 gig of originals nor did I lose my Lightroom database. Though, I did lose the program Lightroom (shhhh, I won't tell why I lost it and can't just reinstall from the CD... )

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG