The online racing simulator
Quote from Timdpr :Sorry for going kinda off topic, but where in Yorkshire do you live, Sam? I was browsing through your pictures and thought "Hey, I've been there! And there! And there!" Then I realised your profile thingy said "Location: Yorkshire"
I'm in Coverdale, Just next to Wensleydale.

Sweet! I have family in Hawes and Cotterdale. I'm drawn like a magnet to anything remotely limestone, which is why I always head north from here. I'm in Haworth, a good hour or so south of you. We can expect some bloody nice photos from you soon then!
Quote from mrodgers :I have some great views like those, but they are mostly on major roadways of 70+ mph. No where to stop. The backroads where there is no traffic, you are in the woods mostly.

I love the area around you, actually. Everytime I get near to Reading, something deep inside me says "hooooooome!!!" I can't explain it at all.

I do know what you mean about not being able to stop. Even though everything around me here is pretty well a backroad, stopping is very hazardous. These single-track roads have a speed limit of 60mph and are really windy, and gates into fields aren't even slightly in-set - your best chance at getting out of the line of traffic. I saw a good 20 or more "superb opportunities" yesterday, and missed every one of them
Few of my fav's

I love the first aswell. Highsider, do you have those in his res? for desktop backgrounds?
Quote from MR_B :Few of my fav's

Hold on, you should increase the size of the watermark just a bit, I can still see the picture.
lol spanky, don't be a douche bag
Thanks everybody.

@mickyc30: I have all of them in full Resolution on my HD. Pick you favourite here and i'll send it to you. I've attached my current self made Wallpaper to this post.

@jibber Thats the Oberstockensee near the Stockhorn. Really nice Scenery there.
Attached images
wallpaper4943443.jpg
Got my Canon 70-200 F4/L the other day and its amazing. The build quality is very very very good and its worth saving up.

If anyone is interested I'm selling my Sigma 70-300 APO DG Macro for £100. PM me!
Quote from mickyc30 :lol spanky, don't be a douche bag

My thoughts too. No need for the sarky comments (admittedly toungue in cheek, but they're his images, and he can do what he wants with them), especially when this picture...

...appears to suffer from either an excessive soft focus filter, or camera shake.
Quote from SamH :Burnsall in the Yorkshire Dales:

What a beautiful view. I know I keep saying it but you're really lucky to have such vistas on your doorstep. (Although according to some people, you must be a virgin with a pre-ordered Canon 5D Mk II ) You've got to go back and re-shoot it when the bridge is in the sun!
Quote from Highsider9 :Thanks everybody.

@mickyc30: I have all of them in full Resolution on my HD. Pick you favourite here and i'll send it to you. I've attached my current self made Wallpaper to this post.

@jibber Thats the Oberstockensee near the Stockhorn. Really nice Scenery there.

oh god.... such a hard choice! i love them all! but ive decided on the Long Exposure photo please.

Check out my flikr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/31269131@N08/show/
Been adding a lot of new photos over at zooomr: my photos

A couple of samples:

Any comments and criticisms are welcome!
wow! i really like them!
Quote from OneCrazyDiamond :Any comments and criticisms are welcome!

I really like the last one - nice composition and nice colours. It gives you a 'road trip' feel to it, makes you wonder where the car's going, what's at the end of the road, etc.

The other two aren't really of anything imo. Something in a car park, and a bit of wheat. Not enough there to hold my attention, but that's more than compensated for by the quality of the last shot.
Quote from mickyc30 :wow! i really like them!

Quote from STROBE :I really like the last one - nice composition and nice colours. It gives you a 'road trip' feel to it, makes you wonder where the car's going, what's at the end of the road, etc.

The other two aren't really of anything imo. Something in a car park, and a bit of wheat. Not enough there to hold my attention, but that's more than compensated for by the quality of the last shot.

Thanks to both of you. I'm only a beginner at photography so it means quite a bit to get a compliment.
Quote from mrodgers :So, what photography forums are you all a part of?

Jack the Mac pointed me to one (but I've upgraded to Vista and I have no idea where it is, now :shy but frankly it's far easier to get a good response to my crappy photos by posting them here. You guys are so much kinder than they are on photography forums. I feel a tad dwarfed when I go look at the stuff those guys are putting out.. I'm happy enough to stay here and be in awe of Strobe, spank, Don and many others on this forum - among friends!
http://ukct.net/dlfiles/Burnsall_Panorama.jpg

Too big to attach.. I did a 23-image panoramic photomerge with Photoshop earlier. It's a view of Upper Wharfedale (including Burnsall), taken from the road known colloquially as the "rollercoaster".. popular road for driving quickly and dying suddenly!
Quote from SamH :Jack the Mac pointed me to one (but I've upgraded to Vista and I have no idea where it is, now :shySmile but frankly it's far easier to get a good response to my crappy photos by posting them here. You guys are so much kinder than they are on photography forums. I feel a tad dwarfed when I go look at the stuff those guys are putting out.. I'm happy enough to stay here and be in awe of Strobe, spank, Don and many others on this forum - among friends! Tilt

Cameralabs was the one!

Some pics from today:

Awesome.
Quote from SamH :Jack the Mac pointed me to one (but I've upgraded to Vista and I have no idea where it is, now :shy but frankly it's far easier to get a good response to my crappy photos by posting them here. You guys are so much kinder than they are on photography forums. I feel a tad dwarfed when I go look at the stuff those guys are putting out.. I'm happy enough to stay here and be in awe of Strobe, spank, Don and many others on this forum - among friends!

Ha! I think I've posted maybe 8 shots on actual photography forums and that was when I had just gotten my camera. Everything I post is here as well.

I have some to sort though, develop, resize, and post. But the season home opener is tonight (hockey), so after I get done working on the house, I'll be doing something that is very rare for me, watching TV . I could use the laptop while I watch the game, but the screen is horrible for doing photography on. I haven't gotten it all figured out yet as far as calibration because I normally just run it through a 19 inch CRT at work.

Bah, just quickly went through them and none of them came out. I'm having trouble with focusing and blurryness when shooting the airplanes and Lifeflight helicpoters that are passing over. Today's would have been great shots but they are all blurry.

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG