The online racing simulator
Quote from CSU1 :Some pics from a shite camera

beautiful pictures of the tigers... the one of them playing in the water is now my wallpaper...thanks for the awesome shots!!
Quote from J@tko :That photo, for me, wins this thread.

Thanks, Jack!

A couple more from later in the evening, same day (different lens... DA 35mm Ltd):

Not sure which I like better.
I can't choose as well
Amazing colours.
I hate you Pentax users,you can find cheap lenses from the film-era and enjoy them.
Damn Canon when they changed from FD to EF.
Some EF kit lenses are worse than the surprises you find into a bag of chips
Check out what I made in class yesterday.

Shot on 35mm, printed on 8x10 fiber paper. I can't wait to print some more stuff in the darkroom!
Quote from IlGuercio :Nice shots,what lens(es)was it?

Sigma 17-70/2,8-4,5 ASP DC IF Macro
Canon EF 200mm f/2.8 L II USM
Quote from morpha :You don't happen to have some of the accident that led to whatever that is on the last pic being stuck in the ditch?

nope, it happened before we arrived, but i guess his car understeered on the gravel in the exit from the hairpin
Attached images
jesenikyout.jpg
jesenikyout2.jpg
4 randoms
Attached images
alterbedrepådenandenside.jpg
sss 036s.jpg
ss 013s.jpg
ss 029s.jpg
Quote from Don :Sigma 17-70/2,8-4,5 ASP DC IF Macro
Canon EF 200mm f/2.8 L II USM

I like the second one and im looking forward for a review of the 15-85 IS USM by Canon
Don't like that sigma very much.
Quote from Don :
nope, it happened before we arrived, but i guess his car understeered on the gravel in the exit from the hairpin

Who cares,it's a damn skoda felicia
Quote from Kaw :4 randoms

Flat Eric = win!

A bubbleicious experiment

My appologies for the huge three

All but the last were strobed at 40hz, 157mm f/4.5, 1/125 sec.
Last one is kind of creepy, who'd have thought a bubble's reflection shows so much detail
Attached images
DSC00254.jpg
DSC00265.jpg
DSC00284.jpg
DSC00298.jpg
DSC00317.jpg
DSC00325.jpg
They don't really convince me,maybe there's really few things that can catch your attention.
It's a nice experiment thou,keep trying out.
Quote from IlGuercio :They don't really convince me,maybe there's really few things that can catch your attention.
It's a nice experiment thou,keep trying out.

I would imagine some post processing could help, I left them completely unchanged apart from the resizing.
Also, it wasn't actually that easy since I had to blow the bubbles myself, grab the cam, manually focus (~20cm from a moving subject, pretty hard) and take the shot before they hit the ground

While I'm on it, some stuff I made to defend APS-C's rep regarding the DOF/bokeh:

Not too fond of the desert-ish colours but it just fits. Slightly overexposed, the broken lens messes up the metering Could have fixed that, but I think it's good enough for a DOF/bokeh show-off. Notice the top left ring-shapped smudge? That's one of the unique marks the damaged lens leaves

17cm from the lens, roughly 7mm sharp, looks pretty thin to me
I have to admit though, that's the only one of my lenses that can pull it off. Even the 50mm F/1.7 has a larger DOF.

My first go at heavy post processing, I usually do as little as possible to my material. Quite a bit overdone, I know, but still looks interesting on my crap screen.
Attached images
DSC00216.jpg
DSC09908.jpg
DSC00158.jpg
Playing around with the Sigma 10-20mm. Still trying to learn how to use it most effectively:

Just messing around at lunch, on a walkabout. Still learning how to handle this beast:

and one more non-architectural one...

I did some experimental shots of my brother riding down the road on a bike... at night.

They're not really supposed to be clear. I kinda wish I had done it in less of a hurry now that I'm looking at them in detail. I probably could have done something to make the colours a bit more vibrant or smn.

I might try again, but I can't go out too many times in the dead of night looking like a douchebag with my tripod, taking pictures like some sort of night stalker paedo

Attached images
IMG_2309 - Copy.JPG
IMG_2317 - Copy.JPG
Street portrait of a friend with the Pentax DA 35mm Limited, wide open at f/2.8. Just a snapshot, but I love the way it came out. Incredible detail--really reminds me why I love this lens.

B&W

Color
WOW
I know that Tokina and Pentax share the optical scheme and therefore some lenses, but they have separate factories and therefore Pentax can add SMC to its lenses
Finally got the 1000mm lens mounted and took some shots.

Shots OF the lens (pre-service):

Shots WITH the lens (post-service):

So overall it's quite sharp given the vintage and the extreme nature of the design. Focus is extremely difficult on an APS-C viewfinder. I tried it on my Pentax MX (film body with a truly epic viewfinder) and it was much, much easier except for the prism blackout due to the small max aperture. CA can be bad at times, but that's not surprising.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Finally got the 1000mm lens mounted and took some shots.

Shots OF the lens (pre-service):

Shots WITH the lens (post-service):

So overall it's quite sharp given the vintage and the extreme nature of the design. Focus is extremely difficult on an APS-C viewfinder. I tried it on my Pentax MX (film body with a truly epic viewfinder) and it was much, much easier except for the prism blackout due to the small max aperture. CA can be bad at times, but that's not surprising.

Fook! How much does that lens weight? Seems to be sharp!
In the case it's about 31lbs/14kg.

By itself it's 12lbs/5.5kg.
OK. Ok. You win the biggest ...."Lens"contest

It's not all about size you know

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG