The online racing simulator
Yeah, but wasn't pointing out in contrast and sharpening there. Like I said, didn't think what I was saying there.

E: Answered to Taavi's deleted post.
I realised that, and deleted my post, sorry about that. :P
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Wow, what's with the bad quality??? Pentax lenses really do suck!
But very nice pics otherwise!

E:Lower the contrast

Quote from SamH :Joke, right? I'm not seeing quality issues.

Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Really? It's not only the contrast. It seems like there is a lot of sharpening which ruins the quality overall, and pops up the noise.. There is a filter used on that pic, right?

Wonder where I could have gotten that idea from...

To be fair, though, I didn't really think you were that dumb. It was mostly a joke once I got over the initial shock of the erroneous causal logic chain there.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Wonder where I could have gotten that idea from...

I answered what quality issues the picture had, didn't mean the lens made them.

SamH answered to my post before I had time to edit it so I didn't bother to edit it anymore. Sometimes I should really think what I post but can't help my personality so forgive me. And I was/am known of lens doesn't do any kind of picture processing or however you would call it. Give me a break.
Break given! But don't you ever go insulting Pentax glass again!
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Break given! But don't you ever go insulting Pentax glass again!

Not in lfsforum since you're here..
Don't know about all that, but I do know, we've now seen full res photos of everything but the redhead. That's the one I want to see..... uncropped

Man, love those redheads. Guess that's why I married one.
Quote from mrodgers :Don't know about all that, but I do know, we've now seen full res photos of everything but the redhead. That's the one I want to see..... uncropped

Man, love those redheads. Guess that's why I married one.

Eh? Wrong thread?
Did I post these earlier???
Too much gear wankery going on here so post is a possible repost!

Hope you like 'em. They're from the same morning/hallway as were the darker ones.

Headed into the Dales the other day, with a couple of old school friends, to take some photos. The day was dogged with atrocious light and one or two car problems but we did manage to get a couple of places for some shots.

Attached images
DSC_8221.jpg
DSC_8291.jpg
DSC_8268.jpg
DSC_8281.jpg
Had a bit of a raw day today, just to get to grips with shooting raw. Success? No, I'm afraid not, might have been better if there was a nice enough weather to test stuff more. No postprocessing done, just converted to jpg and resized. As a reminder: Pentax K-m, Kit lens and the Sigma 70-300 macro

The last picture: the sun actually came out, yay, after almost a month.
Quote from Taavi(EST) :the sun actually came out, yay, after almost a month.

No sign of it happening here, yet

The photos look good to me! RAW files just provide you with so many more opportunities for adjusting images in post-processing. I wouldn't consider shooting in anything other than RAW.
Taavi,there's no point shooting raw if you don't postprocess each picture.
They may have less noise,but you will just end up having worse jpeg's than on-camera ones.
Take a bit of time trying to fiddle with the settings,it's worth it.
Select the best pics and work on them...
Quote from IlGuercio :Taavi,there's no point shooting raw if you don't postprocess each picture.
They may have less noise,but you will just end up having worse jpeg's than on-camera ones.
Take a bit of time trying to fiddle with the settings,it's worth it.
Select the best pics and work on them...

May i ask what do you mean by post processing? Making it look more real, or going nuts, like this?

Or something in between? Maybe I'm just being stupid, but default raws look pretty much like the real thing appeared to my eye, while the default jpg's look damn fugly.
Basical postprocessing involves fiddling with the color temperature,chromatic aberration removal,sharpening,exposure asjustments.
The raw file is better than the jpeg because it can store much more stuff.
8 bits vs 12 bits means that a burnt sky may be recovered from the raw whereas it couldn't be done the same from the jpeg.
It doesn't mean you have to go nuts,altough you can if you want.
A jpeg is already being processed by the camera so it looks appealing and cool but to obtain much more control over different parameters raw is the right choice
Am i clear?
Just do the simple things,check the hystogram first as it can't lie to you like a non-calibrated monitor can.Adjust the exposure,fiddle with the black point,the shadows,get rid of that hazy look by touching the contrast bar.
Then zoom to 100% and try to eliminate CA and make your pic sharper(if required)with the sharpness command(whatever its called).
You see,maybe sometimes the jpeg is more than enough to get yourserlf a good picture for your showoff.Sometimes,when things get tough,raw kicks in and gives you that extra room to work with.
:3
Attached images
100_0096.jpg
Myself
Quote from Taavi(EST) :May i ask what do you mean by post processing? Making it look more real, or going nuts, like this?

Or something in between? Maybe I'm just being stupid, but default raws look pretty much like the real thing appeared to my eye, while the default jpg's look damn fugly.

Thanks to the endless HDR jackassery and Dave Hill circle jerking that PP looks almost subtle.
can i use the second to last picture as a deesktop background
Again very nice pics Don. But what is with the bottle flying in the second pic?
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Again very nice pics Don. But what is with the bottle flying in the second pic?

Unallowed driving aids,i suppose.The driver is just throwing away the evidence

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG