The online racing simulator
Very nice Don (as usual)

I treated myself to a compact at last. I went for the Nikon S220.

It's crap. But it does enable me to take photos of friends, which I can't do with my DSLR. They groan and slump, then pull lame faces. There's no such thing as a spontaneous DSLR photo moment, with my friends. Horses for courses, this thing will do for Facebook postings
the moon picture is amazing

the moon looks cracked to the left bottom
I'm searching a used 30D or 40D so if you know any of your friend or friends friend, ..... who's selling one, inform me please!
Rescuing the thread from the 2nd page.. it was bonfire night here in the UK on Thursday so I went with some friends to a fireworks display in Leeds. Since I don't have a tripod capable of holding up my D1x, I decided to chance it with some hand-held shots.

Attached images
DSC_7936.jpg
DSC_8072.jpg
DSC_8118.jpg
K-m - Sigma learners pics.

There just isn't enough light to shoot something meaningful, had to use ISO 640 to shoot handheld, shutter tends to dip down into single figures (1/10 and below) which for me is quite impossible to take any photos that aren't a blurry mess at 300mm. All i can do is wait for spring.
Great shots guys! It's amazing how many skilled amateur photographers the world actually has.

I wish I could post up some new stuff but my Nikon's battery has decided to give me the finger.
I've sent it on winter holidays in my fridge, some folks told me that could fix it, so I'll gladly take up their advice and see what happens.

That, or I'll just buy a new one soon. (Yes I know, warranty doesn't cover batteries).
Found these guys just hanging around in some shallow water.
Nice shot with great detail on the swans.
Some shots with my new Soviet lens, the Tair-11a 135/2.8. It's a big metal pre-set beast, with 20(!) aperture blades and a perfectly circular aperture at all stops. All shots taken @ wide open:

Quote from DeadWolfBones :Some shots with my new Soviet lens, the Tair-11a 135/2.8. It's a big metal pre-set beast, with 20(!) aperture blades and a perfectly circular aperture at all stops.

Whoa @ Rusky lens tekhnoloky. How close does it focus? Could you take some portraits wide open and from as close as possible? Colour me curious...

Anyway.

Can't link the pic here straight but I got some new fine (coarse?) art at my Flickr so comments and critique are welcome. If you're offended by harmless n00dity, thou shalt not enter.
Quote from spankmeyer :Anyway.

Can't link the pic here straight but I got some new fine (coarse?) art at my Flickr so comments and critique are welcome. If you're offended by harmless n00dity, thou shalt not enter.

Kind of weird style in there, but I like it
Quote from spankmeyer :If you're offended by harmless n00dity, thou shalt probably end your life.

fixed

It's too cold for my taste, almost like a corpse.
Think it would have appealed more to me if it were just a little less "harmless" ("innocent" might be a better word) and at a slightly shallower angle :twocents:
Quote from spankmeyer :Whoa @ Rusky lens tekhnoloky. How close does it focus? Could you take some portraits wide open and from as close as possible? Colour me curious...

I'll get on that asap.

Close focusing distance is about 1.2m.
Took my first firework shots at the weekend nothing special was just messing really with bulb mode on my 30D on tripod but without remote shutter

Quote from spankmeyer :Can't link the pic here straight but I got some new fine (coarse?) art at my Flickr so comments and critique are welcome. If you're offended by harmless n00dity, thou shalt not enter.

Did you purposefully tag that image to attract all the weirdos on flickr? lol. I'm surprised it hasn't gotten any creepy comments yet.

Here's one from me. (of me)
Quote from Stregone :Did you purposefully tag that image to attract all the weirdos on flickr? lol. I'm surprised it hasn't gotten any creepy comments yet.

Here's one from me. (of me)

The very little known perverted collarbone audience = untapped demographic.
Iso 1 billion?
A bit more forehead would have been better,thou it is good

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG