The online racing simulator
:jawdrop: i like what i see, both the effects and quality, and subject
Nice picture Mikko,who is she?
Guys,i have a question for you.
There was a nice sunset today and i wanted to take some rust off my 20D and take a couple of shots.
But,as i turned it on the batteries were flat and i couldn't do anything.
I know that batteries lose charge in time even if they're not being used but it seems strange to me.The batteries were full the last time i checked them,i was really disappointed to see this happening.
Batteries are a genuine Canon(altough it must be pretty worn out) and a Phottix one.Is that normal?
Despite the weird blue Dot issue i managed to get some decent Shots today.
Here's one of them.

I lub that car shot but not sure if the style suits the car in question. Also, anyone else bothered by the wobbly light edges? Easy to fix 'em in post. That was a boom shot, right?

EDIT: Nevermind, saw the boom in the earlier shot.
-
(spankmeyer) DELETED by spankmeyer : stoopid post
Quote from spankmeyer :I lub that car shot but not sure if the style suits the car in question. Also, anyone else bothered by the wobbly light edges? Easy to fix 'em in post. That was a boom shot, right?

EDIT: Nevermind, saw the boom in the earlier shot.

Yeah there are many mistakes. It was my first try with the Rig. Still i'm pretty happy with the Result.
Quote from mcintyrej :Advice please!

Shooting a rally as in signed-on media rally or just shooting from the public areas making a few bob?

I'd say the 1Dmk3 might be overkill, either the 40/50D would be more than enough of an improvement over the 350D.

If you need the extra zoom get something 300 based, even a fixed focal length (mmm Canon 300mm 2.8 L ). If not get a 2.8 as it will be useful in November Though it does all depend on your budget, as it will eat into your profit.
Quote from Highsider9 :I have this weird blue dot (upper right corner) on some of my recent Pictures. What could that be? I'm pretty sure it isn't dust since it appears on different areas on the pictures.

Could this come from the IR Remote?

Nice, could you post here or send me via PM photos of your rig? (seems to me its a handmade) Thx!
Quote from boothy :Shooting a rally as in signed-on media rally or just shooting from the public areas making a few bob?

I'd say the 1Dmk3 might be overkill, either the 40/50D would be more than enough of an improvement over the 350D.

If you need the extra zoom get something 300 based, even a fixed focal length (mmm Canon 300mm 2.8 L ). If not get a 2.8 as it will be useful in November Though it does all depend on your budget, as it will eat into your profit.

Well its not a major rally, my dad's in the local motor club and one of the people planning the event asked if I could do it, havn't found out the minor specifics yet.

Renting the Canon 300mm F/2.8 prime would be £76 for the whole weekend or £50 for the day. However the Sigma equivilant with the same focal length and aperture, is only £53 for the weekend and £35 for the day.
i believe you can do pretty well with "only" 70-200/f4
Off-Topic, but is there any chance of a rough english translation of the news page on rallyphotos.cz?
its just about one guy from the czech rally community, who used to annoy me nearly every day for last few months with questions like "how did you do ..." etc. and in the end he basically copied my website. OK, he is young and idiot, but the thing that made me angry is, that he said he doesn't know me and never ever saw my website - what a completete lie, i've got tons of icq logs with him. and since i wasn' the only one who had problems with him, i put up a littne warning for others.
Playing with the Sigma 30mm f/1.4 at the bar. All at f/1.4 or f/1.7:

A very sharp little lens... worth every penny.
I've got his address if you wannit, Don

Quote from DeadWolfBones :Playing with the Sigma 30mm f/1.4 at the bar. All at f/1.4 or f/1.7:

A very sharp little lens... worth every penny.

Gotta love fast lenses! Great shots!
hehe, not needed - i meet him on nearly every rally anyway... another one coming on this saturday. I bought a Canon speedlite + some radio triggers, so maybe i'm going to experiment a little.
last proper rally this season for me
http://rallyphotos.cz/photos/wurth09/

triggering the flash via those chinese radio toys didnt work properly (it worked when testing, but never when i actually needed it to fire, how foking frustrating!)
Nice work as usual
loved those pictures
Another attempt at Rig Shots.
@ Spangler: Sorry, forgot the behind the Scenes Shot yet again and the Rig is already stored in the Basement. I'll try to post a Shot of it in the next few days. Feel free to remind me if i forget to do so.

Looking at that picture for more than 5 seconds makes me feel dizzy. :drugs:

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG