The online racing simulator
Had the priviledge to do portrait and promo work for a Finnish artist Julia Prusi who's work is on display on the streets of Tampere. Was a fun shoot, had time for a couple of different setups but this early one was my favourite.

The light setup.

<3 the reflections in the windows.
Also: Showoff
Nice setup spank,what kind of triggers do you use to command the flashes?
Quote from IlGuercio :Nice setup spank,what kind of triggers do you use to command the flashes?

Thanks, depending on the situation either CLS or Elinchrom Skyport.
Quote from spankmeyer :Thanks, depending on the situation either CLS or Elinchrom Skyport.

Is CLS working via infrared?Or is it a radio device?
Nice piece of equipment with the Elinchrom.
What about the flashes?Sb 25?
Quote from IlGuercio :Is CLS working via infrared?Or is it a radio device?
Nice piece of equipment with the Elinchrom.
What about the flashes?Sb 25?

The main flash was SB-900, fill was SB-800. Check the Flickr.

Long story ahead, non-Nikon shooters ignore this:

The CLS does indeed work via infra-red when you are using an SU-800 commander unit.

But the D700 popup flash and other Nikon CLS-cabable master flashes (SB-800, SB-900) sync via visible light as they have no IR emitter. This can lead to unwanted shadows if the subject is very close to the camera and you absolutely do not want any on-axis fill. With a speedlight you can always bounce the master sync flash the other way for example.

When using a popup flash as a CLS master you can however either block the flash from sending visible light (divert the flash with your palm or piece of exposed film works) or have enough distance to the subject so that light falloff in conjunction with aperture kills the small master sync flash.

Of course the small master sync flash is invisible in decent light enviroments.

The CLS can sync all slave flash groups and channels up to 1/8000 in either TTL or M mode while the Skyport is limited to around 1/200-1/250 depending on how hard I drive the slave flash. No TTL with Skyports either and you have to adjust the flash power from the speedlight itself.

The Skyport on the other hand is very handy when you aren't in a hurry, work in darkness or have to trigger flashes from strange places where the optical sync doesn't bounce.
Thanks.
I used to command my Sigma Ef-500 via the popup flash but as soon as i got the cheap Phottix set(1 Transmitter and 2 Receivers) the tiny strobe is no longer needed
Now it's much better,altough the top limit is 1/200 as shutter speed.
What's more,is you manually set the flashes you will better understand how it works in relationship to iso and aperture.
40 euros for the cheapo stuff.
Did you ever watch Zack Arias DVD?
Very useful
Autumn kite surfing Sunday
Hanging out with co-workers last Sunday, checking the action from the beach. Shame I wasn't prepared with my own wet-suit so I could've gone in the middle of the lake closer to action. The 200mm on a FF was lacking in range a bit.

Hope you enjoy!

Sorry 'bout teh hueg pic dumb again.
Really great stuff, Mikko.
Number 2 and 3 in the post are gorgeous.
Is the number 4 out of focus?
D700,right?
Trying some weird and wonderful Lightroom presets on some landscapes.
Attached images
DSC_5332.jpg
DSC_5337.jpg
DSC_0036.jpg
DSC_5337-2.jpg
Thank you mr. Wolfie!

Quote from IlGuercio :Number 2 and 3 in the post are gorgeous.
Is the number 4 out of focus?
D700,right?

Thanks too! Yeah, user error. Dozed off lying on the beach waiting for stuff to happen. Next thing I know, the gal is in the air. D700 with ol' and worn Nikkor 80-200/2.8.

Been productive lately so more stuff to come in the following days.

A spin-off from another shoot.

The DOF is really so different on FF vs APS-C. Can't get that razor sharp DOF with my Sigma 70-200/2.8 on the K20D sensor.
Lets just say that if you try to frame the same image you get less DOF on FF than APS-C because you would be closer to your subject(if minimum focusing distancec allows you).
Picked up a mint condition Pentax-A 100mm f/2.8 on craigslist for $50. Looks like it's never been used.

First shot with it at f/2.8:

Ben, your findings in fantastic cheap lenses are making Pentax look better and better every time you post.

Is it that easy to find old Pentax lenses, or do my searching skills just suck? If I were to search for something for Nikon or Canon, all I would get would be barely used newer expensive lenses. Though, I'm not experienced in e-bay. I have an account, but I've never bought anything, nor looked to buy anything there.
Well, I got pretty lucky on that deal. Picked up a barely used Pentax MX with the auto-winder, a Pentax-A 35-70mm zoom, and the Pentax-A 100mm f/2.8 (the -A series indicates that the body can control the aperture, but they're pre-autofocus), plus some various odds and ends for $120. Market value was probably more like $450-600.

Basically just keep an eye on craigslist, ebay, and the pentaxforums marketplace and you can score some great deals. It's easier than with Canon/Nikon because Pentax had a huge user base in the film days who abandoned them in the switch to digital. That means that something like a 20-40% market share of made-for-film lenses is now going to something like a 5% market share of dSLR bodies.

A lot of Canon/Nikon and especially Olympus shooters use Pentax lenses with adapters, but it's really only a small fraction of them. There's a huge pool of excellent old glass out there.

Some more from the 100/2.8:

I really like the 2nd one, amazing colours
Yeah, the aspen leaves just turned here and the air was crystal clear. I took that just as the sun was disappearing behind the mountains to the west.

I'm going back on Saturday for another session.
beemer e36 m3
Attached images
mark 003.jpg
mark 028.jpg

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG