The online racing simulator
Love that Lightroom GND tool.
Ahh I haven't been shooting since february and looking over those photos make me sad!

but! i'm going to mountains again on monday. i'm really looking forward for packing my lenses, CFs, batteries and leaving on cold morning by train, smelling the railway iron.

anyway whos interested, here are photos from my last trip
http://majod.photo-frame.com/gallery/travell/tatry09/
Very nice pics majod

Raw images resized. Just 2mins before a huge thunderstorm, the beach was very beautiful at the time. The photos look very bad compared to how it really looked like, lots of learning in using the camera..

Attached images
IMG_5088.JPG
IMG_5123.JPG
IMG_5126.JPG
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Very nice pics majod

Raw images resized. Just 2mins before a huge thunderstorm, the beach was very beautiful at the time. The photos look very bad compared to how it really looked like, lots of learning in using the camera..

:lovies:
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Very nice pics majod

thanks...

i would suggest you to set higher aperture...f5,6 is pretty wide open, thus leaves more area unfocused and makes the sun as a huge white ball (i think..)...removes more CA give it a try next time, with your 450D you can go up to f13 without losing the image quality
Quote from majod :thanks...

i would suggest you to set higher aperture...f5,6 is pretty wide open, thus leaves more area unfocused and makes the sun as a huge white ball (i think..)...removes more CA give it a try next time, with your 450D you can go up to f13 without losing the image quality

Thanks for the help
Nothing brilliant, just some snaps around the home
Attached images
Webcam.jpg
Xbox Controller.jpg
Xbox Front.jpg
Bear.jpg
20p.jpg
Quote from Xaid0n :Nothing brilliant, just some snaps around the home

I encourage you to step outside and take photos.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Love that Lightroom GND tool.

Ain't that the truth. The tools in LR2 are the best thing that's ever happened to me. Lol. Editing 2000 images down to 600 goes soooo much faster when you don't have to open every single one in PS for one spec of dust, red eye, washed out sky, etc. Not to mention the adjustment brush and all the amazing things it can do without ever setting foot in PS...
Quote from spankmeyer :I encourage you to step outside and take photos.

Oh I have done Here's my best taken last year on holiday. Same camera too.
Attached images
eden.jpg
eden2.jpg
marazion.jpg
marazion flower.jpg
Some pics more, I have so many pics unchecked.

E: Two more pics added.
Attached images
IMG_5077.JPG
IMG_5163.JPG
_MG_5224.JPG
IMG_4855.JPG
IMG_4939.JPG
Taking all of my equipment and my dad's Canon 40D and 100-400mm lens tomorrow, should get some good shots at the races!

I'll put a few up here if any good ones come out.
Off to Fort William this afternoon for a couple nights. Will be going mountain biking at the Nevis Range on the world cup downhill track and the new nevis red xc . Will be taking the 30d + Kit so hope for some good weather to take some snaps will post some pics next week if they come out ok
lol took me some minutes to get the idea how to update the firmware of my camera.. It was too simple and explained with too much of words.

I need help with buying a new lens. It has to be around 200-300euros zoom lens, fitting in 450D.
I was looking for Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III USM and Sigma 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 APO Macro DG. Better lenses anyone?
-
(majod) DELETED by majod
Just a small collection of pictures I took at a local Military Festival today
Attached images
105mm Barrel.jpg
Audi Light.jpg
Headlight.jpg
Lynx Tail.jpg
Red Devil.jpg
US Soldier.jpg
Bomb Disposal.jpg
Bike.jpg
Leyland.jpg
Machine Gun.jpg
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :lol took me some minutes to get the idea how to update the firmware of my camera.. It was too simple and explained with too much of words.

I need help with buying a new lens. It has to be around 200-300euros zoom lens, fitting in 450D.
I was looking for Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III USM and Sigma 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 APO Macro DG. Better lenses anyone?

The canon 75-300 is pretty bad. Dunno about the sigma though. I'd save up and get the canon 70-300 IS, or the canon 70-200 f4L (non IS). They both cost about the same, 500-600USD.

I have the 70-300, and kind of wish I went for the 70-200. The extra 100mm doesn't really get you THAT much closer. And the 70-200 is a very impressive white L lens
Quote from Stregone :The canon 75-300 is pretty bad. Dunno about the sigma though. I'd save up and get the canon 70-300 IS, or the canon 70-200 f4L (non IS). They both cost about the same, 500-600USD.

I have the 70-300, and kind of wish I went for the 70-200. The extra 100mm doesn't really get you THAT much closer. And the 70-200 is a very impressive white L lens

How about

Canon
EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS
or
Sigma 50-200mm f/4-5.6 DC OS HSM
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :How about

Canon
EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS
or
Sigma 50-200mm f/4-5.6 DC OS HSM

I forgot about the ef-s 55-250. It is a very good lens for the price!
Quote from Stregone :I forgot about the ef-s 55-250. It is a very good lens for the price!

Looks almost the same as my current lens, 18-55mm. But yeah that might be the one I will buy. Do you know if it does good on macros too?

E: Canon EF 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 II USM , This could be one too. But I'm not too sure how good long distance pics it will take.

55-250mm or 28-105mm..
First go with the Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 II. Just got this lens last week, and I'm trying to figure out if it'll suit my shooting needs and style. It's a heavy piece of glass, but I think I'm coming to terms with it.

These were all handheld--definitely learned a few tricks as I went along.

Quote from DeadWolfBones :First go with the Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 II. Just got this lens last week, and I'm trying to figure out if it'll suit my shooting needs and style. It's a heavy piece of glass, but I think I'm coming to terms with it.

These were all handheld--definitely learned a few tricks as I went along.

The quality with that lens is quite pretty! Seems to be worth of the money.
In Ireland:

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG