The online racing simulator
Amazing shots!
those were great

i dont usually post in this thread, but those are worthy of praise

EDIT: most are worthy of praise, but i dont know what to look for in a 'great photo' compared to a 'good photo', those just got my attention.
Thanks guys.

Next time I really need to stop it down a bit more. Even the D700's magical AF system can't keep up at f/2.8 or f/4. I guess that's why the pros say "f/8 and forget it."
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Thanks guys.

Next time I really need to stop it down a bit more. Even the D700's magical AF system can't keep up at f/2.8 or f/4. I guess that's why the pros say "f/8 and forget it."

I always thought old-timer journos said it was 'f8 and be there.'
Quote from spankmeyer :I always thought old-timer journos said it was 'f8 and be there.'

Well, same general idea.
Did you take it rallying, Don?

Some stuff from Florida:

I've gotsa couple from past months.

Older stuff from summer (but with chicks).

the last one looks like she's reaching for an arrow (i hope its a girl lol). like that one
I love that shot by the water.

I am thinking of getting myself a Nikon D70 as a 2nd set since I'm currently using a Minolta.
Not that the Minolta is a bad camera its just slow as f*ck.
And I cant seem to keep my hand super still during long exposure shot does anyone have tricks for this?
Quote from Chrisuu01 :I love that shot by the water.

I am getting myself a Nikon D70 as a 2nd set since I'm currently using a Minolta.
And I cant seem to keep my hand super still during long exposure shot does anyone have tricks for this?

Use a tripod.
Yep, that's what tripods are good for
Quote from majod :the last one looks like she's reaching for an arrow (i hope its a girl lol). like that one

Too much Skyrim perhaps?

Quote from Chrisuu01 :I love that shot by the water.

I am thinking of getting myself a Nikon D70 as a 2nd set since I'm currently using a Minolta.

Thanks! If you are talking about shutter speeds below 1/20 then yes, a decent tripod and a decent head (together bare minimum at around 200 €, think Manfrotto, Benro, etc. or prepare to spend more after noob tax by first buying cheap & crap and end up buying what you should have in the first place) will help but you should first learn good shoot discipline to get the maximum out of your support gear.

Practicing proper hand holding shooting technique will massively improve your keeper rate when shooting at risky shutter speeds.

Some more pic dumpeth.

"Total and utter bullshit."

Well, now that the cat's out of the bag, I'm sad to say that Nikon D4 looks like a complete disaster. I don't care if the D4 destroys the 1Dx on the field and in the tests (Canon's tendency to oversweeten spec sheets is hilarious/tragic) but the bag of hurt D4 brings to the new owner kills it for me.

AE-lock button has disappeared for no reason.

One new card slot and one legacy card slot (XQD whatever and CF) - INSANELY STUPID MOVE DEAR GOD NIKON WTF? Two different cards? Seriously? After D3, D3s and D3X? I'm praying they'll soon offer a twin-XQD-slotted version and stop delivering this kind of half-assed compromises on their cutting-edge flagship model.

New battery holds something like 50 % less shots (4000+ shots on D3/D3s/D700 vs 2000+ on D4). What-in-the-hell? And they use different chargers? Sooooo if you're using D3-series or D700 as backup, you have to carry two kinds of batteries and two kinds of chargers. Total bullsh*t move Nikon. Not cool.

Nothing interesting on the stills front. Just movie features pasted on. And looking at the 'WHY" (nice choice for title for all the wrong reasons) video on Vimeo looks like mushed crap compared to RED Scarlet's 3K or 4K.

Nice going Nikon. What on earth were you thinking. 4 years for this. Jesus.

Sincerely,

Mikko Henrik Huotari,
Nikon user 4 life

*D3s added to Ebay watch list
he mad
Apparently the new battery thing is because of new regulations in Japan re: max capacity for cells.
Love the doggies!

Couple my pics from this autumn...

Attached images
DSC_0314-4.JPG
DSC_1622.JPG
Quote from Silverracer :Love the doggies!

Couple my pics from this autumn...

Ooooo that silhouetted trees is great. Maybe a bit too tight framing on the ground but great mood. And Don's stuff is always perfect. (How annoying is that!)

Here's some random wankery from December and so on.

He's a Scottish artisan living in Tampere. Super cool guy.
There was a decent sunset the other night, sorry if the pictures are a little large

A couple Samyang 35/1.4 shots from the summer, wide open:

Quote from DeadWolfBones : wide open

is that what she said?

sorry i watched way too many Office episodes
nice pics btw
I really need a better zoom lense

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG