The online racing simulator
I'm jealous, we have no blooms yet. It was snowing this morning! Grrrrr!

Rest assured, when the apple trees start to bloom, I'll have some blooming macros and some bumblebee macros. Last year's apple blooms and bumblebees I was too new to this photography stuff.
I always hate adding a post to a thread that I had previously replied last to, but that was a good while ago....

So....

WhooHoo!!!!!

From my email this morning:

Quote :CONGRATULATIONS! Your photo “Summer Fun” has been voted as a monthly winner in Funrise’s Ultimate Gazillion Bubbles photo contest! You will receive a $250 Target gift card and the “Summer of Fun Gazillion Bubbles” package retail valued at $100!

My daughter has been asking almost every day if her bubble modelling won, LOL.
Yeehaaar! (as NASCAR drivers would say ) We always knew it would happen! Great to hear confirmation!!
Hmm.... Yeehaaar? I would prefer...

"Get in the fastlane grandma, the bingo game is ready to roll!"

"Oh, I'll be cow kicked!"

"Ladies and gentlemen, Elvis has... just... left... the building!"

"Well shave my face with a rusty razor!"

"She wants to sell my monkey!"

"Buy Sam a drink and get his dog one too!"

And my daughter's personal favorite...

"Scratch my back with a hacksaw!"

Mike Lang, 30 year voice of the Pittsburgh Penguins. Screw that NASCAR crap, hehe. Note the Dynamic Duo in the avatar
hehe!

The question is.. what are ya gonna buy from Target with your winnings??
Probably nothing. My daughter will probably steal it, LOL.

I need a beginner electric guitar, no money for a real one. They do have a half decent one sold by Fender (China guitar though) that I've been reading about. Seems decent enough for a start. Consensus seems to be just replace the tuners and a better strap and do a little filing work on the frets and it's pretty decent. My acoustic is just not right for me (cheap one as well). Electric would allow me to play without waking everyone up at night also.

If it were the grand prize ($1000), then a Nikon D80 18-135mm would be in the mix. There's still hope, still eligible for the grand prize in July.
Quote from mrodgers :Probably nothing. My daughter will probably steal it, LOL.

I need a beginner electric guitar, no money for a real one. They do have a half decent one sold by Fender (China guitar though) that I've been reading about. Seems decent enough for a start. Consensus seems to be just replace the tuners and a better strap and do a little filing work on the frets and it's pretty decent. My acoustic is just not right for me (cheap one as well).

If it were the grand prize ($1000), then a Nikon D80 18-135mm would be in the mix. There's still hope, still eligible for the grand prize in July.

And buy 20 gallons of bubble liquid for the little one? She's the other half of the winner, you know.
Quote from (SaM) :And buy 20 gallons of bubble liquid for the little one? She's the other half of the winner, you know.

Part of the prize, $100 package of Gazillion Bubble products. It will make a nice photoshoot when it comes, hehe
Quote from mrodgers :Part of the prize, $100 package of Gazillion Bubble products. It will make a nice photoshoot when it comes, hehe

You should get a 10" ring w/ handle, a bucket of bubble liquid and a leafblower and take it all up the top of a mountain. Then fill the sky with a gazillion 10" bubbles. That should make a nice postcard!
Quote from (SaM) :She's the other half of the winner, you know.

Oh yea, and BTW, the photographer always holds exclusive copyrights to any photos. The model is nothing but hired help unless copyright transfer is in contract. The model in this case is paid very well in gummi bears and Reese's Peanutbutter Cups.
Grats, Mike!
Nice one Mike!!! Super cool to know someone who has won a contest!!
Today, I went out today to find some urban decay, today, in a town near me, today.

Attached images
mill_panorama_sm.jpg
DSC_3909.jpg
DSC_3872.jpg
So I'm confused, Sam... was that today?

today, today, today or today?

i rekon it was today
Nice shots Sam. I'll have to check them out again when I'm down on my desktop. I'm on the work laptop right now and I can't seem to get the display settings right. Everything either is too dark, or the screen hurts my eyes to view. That and I have it connected at work normally to a POS CRT of which takes completely different settings to view.
:ices_rofl

Lovely edit!
lol sam
p.s., I think it's time to start a Get-Mike-a-dSLR Paypal Fund.
hehe.. I'm actually on Ebay right now looking for a decent 2nd hand DSLR with Mike in mind! GMTA!
Can get a Pentax *istDL/DS w/kit for $200 secondhand these days.

I know he wants Nikon, though.
lol dwb that lens is tiny, and the little lens cap is sssswwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettt (jeremy clarkson style)

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG