The online racing simulator
The flower shot is VERY nice!
Quote from jibber :The flower shot is VERY nice!

thanks Just realised i forgot to resize it too, usually resize to 1024 x 760 for these forums
Some more Infrared from today.
Attached images
DSC_0031.jpg
DSC_0019.jpg
DSC_0009.jpg
wow. what does infrared do exactly though?
Highsider they are very, very good!
Quote from rich uk :I will probably be buying the pentax K100d in the next few months and am very excited!

Though with the release of the K-7, I'd be looking at lightly used K10Ds or K20Ds. They'll be down quite a lot in price as their owners ditch them to jump to the hot new thing (I might be one of them).
From a model shoot today!
Attached images
ss 013s.jpg
Quote from SamH :I'll be there mate! And not necessarily because I'm the one about to kill you, either!

Haha whoot
I am slgihtly loved
show u the tits! THE TITS!!! Lol, sorry.
Nice picture

Guys, I need your advice. Now I know my camera well I want to be able to take closer shots (I mostly doing motorsport). The "biggest" lens I have is a Nikkor 70-200mm VR lens. I'm looking for a not so expensive lens with more "zoom" capabilities. What do you guys advice me?
i think tbh the focal lent you need depends on what motorsport you shoot and if its circuit based how far are ouy generally from the action, i go down to brands hatch and at the btcc meeting was shooting graham hill bend from the south bank with a 200mm lens np, although i would have liked a 350 to get closer or a 300 to get closer to the action on padock hill. as for which specific lens i cant really say as i havent a clue about nikon lenses due to the fact i own a superior brand (runs from sam)
-_-

I'm looking at a lens for 300-400mm. Rather used then new as I am not rich lol. But I just wanna know on what I should pay attention buying a used one

And my Nikon D80 is very good, bleh!
lol ide love somehting like that but got more important things to spend money on atm, if i get an apreniship then i may got something like that

yh yh alright
what could you call that, large, lol but at 220euro i cant believe it would be very good quality in the optical department
hmm
I guess a telelens is different then a normal zoomlens?
Plus it's manual focus.

I'd suggest that you use your legs and just get closer.
well the term telephoto only means that its beyond the equivilent focal lenth to the human eye, for example my sigma 55-200 is as much a telephoto lens as that is,
the term zoom only means that you can change the focal lenth for example my 55-200 is a zoom lens but a 50mm is a prime because its a fixed focal lenth

and very true blackout
Quote from james12s :(runs from sam)

Nice signature, James

Regarding the longer lens, it doesn't look like there are many options at the moment. You really need something AF-S, so it's quick at focusing. All I can say with any certainty is DO NOT BUY THE 70-300mm G. If you're going for that lens, make sure it has ED glass in there. I had the lens without ED and it was absolutely bloody awful. I finished up giving it away.. I couldn't even sell it in good conscience.

And don't buy anything like that 650-1300, for god's sake. You'll hate it with a passion, and never get anything with either contrast or even colour out of it.
lol sam

edit:
Quote from SamH :Nice signature, James

Regarding the longer lens, it doesn't look like there are many options at the moment. You really need something AF-S, so it's quick at focusing. All I can say with any certainty is DO NOT BUY THE 70-300mm G. If you're going for that lens, make sure it has ED glass in there. I had the lens without ED and it was absolutely bloody awful. I finished up giving it away.. I couldn't even sell it in good conscience.

And don't buy anything like that 650-1300, for god's sake. You'll hate it with a passion, and never get anything with either contrast or even colour out of it.

Thx for the reply, i'll look further
Scrabby, if the 70-200 has great optical quality, you could consider a high-quality 1.4 or 1.7x teleconverter. I've seen some pretty incredible results with them, with little to no image quality degradation. Generally a lot cheaper than buying a 300-500mm lens.

That said, TCs are better used on prime lenses than zooms.
I received my new lens today and have been giving it a quick test. It's so nice to be able to take a wide-angle photo at last! I was expecting to lose control of the depth of field at 18mm but it's actually still there! I'm happyyy!

Attached images
DSC_5051.jpg
DSC_4968.jpg
I don't know why but the first Shot is very captivating. At least for me.
I was looking at it for about 5 Minutes now while unknowingly tilting my Head to the right more and more.
hehe! I should put a disclaimer on my photos.. "caution: may cause neck injury and/or aneurysms"

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG