The online racing simulator
Took a business trip to Detroit, Michigan this week. No internet access because I wasn't wireless. But I took about 700 photos. Had tickets to the hockey game and I haven't been to a hockey game since around 1996 or so. Unfortunately, it wasn't my local team, but it was a hockey game non-the-less. I'll post some photos up of Detroit and the game after sorting and processing.

The little non-dSLR did quite well at the hockey game, surprisingly. I was taking pictures when the lady beside me (real nice lady, chatted all evening with her) pulled out the same camera. I thought that was funny in this age of everyone having either a little compact pocket camera that they all hold at arms length and use flash to take pictures of something 300 yards/meters away, or digital SLR cameras.

Photos to come soon, including some examples of the $100 (yes that is one hundred dollars) homes that are for sale (if they came out ok.)
Quote from JTbo :Now I had time to stop, it is actually snowing there.

I wish I lived there
Nice HDR Most people over do it and it gives the photo a neon crayon look, heh.
I said I would post a shot from the hockey game I went to. First time I had taken a camera to a hockey game. Haven't been to a hockey game in quite some time either. Unfortunately, this was a work trip to Detroit, so it wasn't my Pittsburgh Penguin team, but at least Robert Lang is a former Penguin.

Unfortunately, the camera didn't do so well in the poor light of a hockey arena. The white balance ended up terrible, ice was very yellow in most of the shots. I had trouble with noise as well, since my camera does very well at ISO 200 or less, but horrible at ISO 400. There's a lot of levels adjustment in these.

This is the sharpest shot I got. Robert Lang at center ice on the face off. Taken from 4 rows from the top seats at the goal line. Or otherwords, taken from far away. Not too bad for a fixed lens non-dSLR cheapie camera.

This one wasn't so good. It's not sharp at all. Also had the safety net in the way which was messing the camera up. Again, former Pittsburgh Penguin Robert Lang on a penalty shot. He was stopped.

One more, for a perspective of where I sat and shot photos from. Actually, this is one section over where a few friends were sitting. This is my widest angle of 35mm. Would have loved to move around and get more of the rink in the shot as well as the banners.

I just bought a Canon A720 IS. Pretty awesome for not being a DSLR; has all manual controls! Anyway, I am still learning the camera and what not. Here's some experimentation with long exposure times in low lighting: http://www.flickr.com/photos/combus-t/

Let me know how they look.
Not bad. I've got an A720 too, its a great camera that I can carry everywhere.
Few of my latest:

The 1st one is a really beautiful shot.
Opinion:

I like both shots. Nice mood and good colors.

Suggestion:

Keep taking pictures, you seem to have a good eye for it!
I just got a digital camera, but it is a really cheap one. It's a Samsung S73. It's 7.2 megapixels, but the image quality tends to suck. It's okay for just taking random pictures though. And I am horrible at holding the camera steady. I always shake around so much (maybe it's because I didn't want to drop my camera in the pond, since I was holding the camera about 1cm above the water).
Thanks!
#296 - Don
Cool show
Hi Guys

I ran across a great show (Podcast) to listen to on Itunes. It is called TWIP (This week in photography) only 14 shows so far but interesting stuff.
Go and have a listen if you haven,t found this before.
#299 - Don

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG