The online racing simulator
#10 Is my Fav. Great shot!!!
Quote from DeadWolfBones :

Oooomph. That's a mighty photo.

Never got into the other macro stuff but that's awesome.

EDIT: BTW, checked the original and I'm curious. Do you use LR2? There isn't really much detail in the original image and wondering whether it's the lens or LR's notoriously bad sharpening algorithms/noise reduction.
Quote from Tomba(FIN) : EDIT: BTW, checked the original and I'm curious. Do you use LR2? There isn't really much detail in the original image and wondering whether it's the lens or LR's notoriously bad sharpening algorithms/noise reduction.

I use LR2.2, yeah. The original was somewhat overexposed due to the way the K20D handles metering for non-"A" lenses, and like I said, the lens is not multicoated and is very prone to flare. It took some punching up to make it look good, but the detail is there to be brought out.

edit: when you say checked the original, you mean the full size?
Quote from DeadWolfBones :I use LR2.2, yeah. The original was somewhat overexposed due to the way the K20D handles metering for non-"A" lenses, and like I said, the lens is not multicoated and is very prone to flare. It took some punching up to make it look good, but the detail is there to be brought out.

edit: when you say checked the original, you mean the full size?

No, I sneaked into your bedroom, opened your 'puter and checked what you did in LR.

Also, clean your room. It's filthy after all that fapping to the epic 1000mm beast.
New pic dump
Short collage from Seize the Streets 2009.

Quote from spankmeyer :No, I sneaked into your bedroom, opened your 'puter and checked what you did in LR.

Also, clean your room. It's filthy after all that fapping to the epic 1000mm beast.

Just noticed it credited Tomba with that quote. Weird. Looks like the board can't differentiate Finns.
Nice pics as always, Mikko. Great use of light.

Next up in M42 Week is the Jupiter-9 85mm f/2. Lotta people love this lens for its crazy bokeh and pleasing soft portrait look when used wide open. It's also super sharp stopped down. An impressive and impressively built bit of kit, unfortunately a bit wobbly mounted on my K20D, but still plenty usable.

Some shots (on a horribly dreary day, hence the prevalence of B&W conversions):

Quote from DeadWolfBones :Nice pics as always, Mikko. Great use of light.

Next up in M42 Week is the Jupiter-9 85mm f/2. Lotta people love this lens for its crazy bokeh and pleasing soft portrait look when used wide open. It's also super sharp stopped down. An impressive and impressively built bit of kit, unfortunately a bit wobbly mounted on my K20D, but still plenty usable.

Some shots (on a horribly dreary day, hence the prevalence of B&W conversions):

Me likey likey likey!
Did I post this already some months ago?
Another setup from a band promo shot earlier this year. My memory is shot and tried skimming through the thread. Sorry for fail @ original content if this was a repost. :faint:

Well, they certainly like bands. But how is their music?

Nice shot again!
Finally, the SMC Takumar 55mm f/1.8.

Yes, I posted some shots from this on the last page, but here are some more. Simply put, this is a beautiful lens and a true testament to Pentax's lensmaking abilities and their dedication to crafting instruments that not only have great utility but are true works of art as well.

Again, a pretty dreary day, so lots of B&W conversions:

...and kind of a weird one. Pushed the tone to ridiculous lengths and came up with a building that looks like it belongs in a Dr. Seuss book...

I like #1, #5 and #7 best; and #8 gave me a flashback to my first days (not that that's too long ago) with the A200:

Click for full res.

All with the built-in flash in the early morning hours or at night, they're not terribly sharp thanks to the kit lens, my lack of skill and knowledge (they were taken about 6 days after I got the camera) and the fact that it was still raining when I took them
(last one is Adobe RGB, sorry)

I'll post some of my more recent stuff later
Some snaps when I was in Scotland, nothing artistic or special, just some good old snapping away Comments welcome
Attached images
DSCF1399.jpg
DSCF1427.jpg
DSCF1500.jpg
DSCF1506.jpg
DSCF1544.jpg
DSCF1581.jpg
BEEMER

Attached images
_MG_8644.jpg
WOW Lovely shot!!!!!!!!!!
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :BEEMER

Very nice, particularly that flare on that one drop on the badge.
Dry badge and wet bonnet would probably have been interesting too

I know I said I would post some, just didn't have time to sort and optimise them, so here are some straight off the cam that I think are worth showing
Attached images
DSC08932.jpg
DSC09042.jpg
DSC09178.jpg
blaarf

Random turdness.

Even a little tree looks big
Came back from Šumava mountains weekend holiday... and this was created

[DA link]
Quote from JO53PHS :Nice

What lens were you using thar?

The normal kit lens, ef-s 18-55mm