The online racing simulator
Quote from spankmeyer :How did I miss that? That's fantastic.

Thanks, nice to know not all of my work is entirely useless
Sadly the 70-210 it was taken with took a bad fall some years ago and is generally in pretty poor shape. It's excellent in relatively low light or if it comes at a shallow angle, but in shots like the wallbird, the chromatic aberration is quite noticeable
Here's a 100% crop (only ISO400, no idea why it's quite so noisy):

And with better light (same lens!):
(click)
Would have been much more impressive if it had been something other than a stupid pigeon, or at last a proper white one
Same bird, same lens, in colour:

And some new stuff:

Can't quite decide what's the more interesting bit in this one, the bird or the lightning rod.

Some foliage for the foliage freaks. 25%, no sharpening, resampled bicubic in PS. It's very, very sharp
Attached images
birdcrop.jpg
pigeoncrop.jpg
pigeoncrop_c.jpg
morebird.jpg
forgoodmeasure.jpg
Some shots from northern New Mexico:

(from the Vietnam Veterans' Memorial in Angel Fire)

(also ^^^)

(also ^^^)

(also ^^^)

Some from the biker meet last sunday....

Just got an email from Snapfish.com. They want me back and gave me 50 free 4x6 prints, big deal, who cares.

The sent me a survey, "We want you back, tell us how to improve..."

I clicked the "I was unhappy with quality of the prints or photo products I ordered" option then told them their prints are the worst I've ever seen. Absolutely horrible prints.

Ben, just curious do you print and if you do, where do you print (or anyone else here on this thread in the US?) I sent 3 identical photos to MPix, Adorama, and Snapfish when I first got the camera. I was floored by the quality of Adorama. Snapfish looked like my 5 year old daughter could have drawn in crayon better than their prints. I won't bother with anyone else I was so happy with the prints from Adorama. I sent a color of my daughter with a colorful sundress and bright flower, a B&W conversion, and an antique processed of my other daughter to each of the printers.

I need to print more often. I never go through the bother of uploading and ordering. I have several that I want to print out for the walls and I just missed 30 8x10 for $30 prepay prints at Adorama. $1 a piece for 8x10, that's dang cheap and I missed it! Adorama is always sending deals out in email.

I'll probably bother with uploading 50 photos and getting my 50 free crappy prints from Snapfish. I'll upload the not-so-important stuff. I have a ton of birthday and holiday snapshots I need printed and never did.
I haven't done any printing yet, but if I do it'll probably be through smugmug. Photos are already uploaded, no muss, no fuss.
If anyone in the UK is looking for a printing service, it's worth trying out ALDI's new service: http://www.aldiphotos.co.uk/

I got a 20"x30" poster printed for £10.15 inc. delivery, and the result is absolutely spot on.
Quote from mrodgers :Just got an email from Snapfish.com. They want me back and gave me 50 free 4x6 prints, big deal, who cares.

The sent me a survey, "We want you back, tell us how to improve..."

I clicked the "I was unhappy with quality of the prints or photo products I ordered" option then told them their prints are the worst I've ever seen. Absolutely horrible prints.

Ben, just curious do you print and if you do, where do you print (or anyone else here on this thread in the US?) I sent 3 identical photos to MPix, Adorama, and Snapfish when I first got the camera. I was floored by the quality of Adorama. Snapfish looked like my 5 year old daughter could have drawn in crayon better than their prints. I won't bother with anyone else I was so happy with the prints from Adorama. I sent a color of my daughter with a colorful sundress and bright flower, a B&W conversion, and an antique processed of my other daughter to each of the printers.

I need to print more often. I never go through the bother of uploading and ordering. I have several that I want to print out for the walls and I just missed 30 8x10 for $30 prepay prints at Adorama. $1 a piece for 8x10, that's dang cheap and I missed it! Adorama is always sending deals out in email.

I'll probably bother with uploading 50 photos and getting my 50 free crappy prints from Snapfish. I'll upload the not-so-important stuff. I have a ton of birthday and holiday snapshots I need printed and never did.

If your colour balanced try Walmart. I print everything there and the prints look the same as the one I got from Smugmug.
Walmart used to be bad but now they are just as good and alot cheaper than all else.

EDIT: I should clarify!!! I use sRGB colour space. I know I know!! I choose to slum it down in lowly sRGB land for the "Ease of use" reason
Candid portrait from the Theatre Pispala's opening ceremony, August 28th.

Quote from spankmeyer :Candid portrait from the Theatre Pispala's opening ceremony, August 28th.

Great shot, "bi-polar" I would say. It's akward in many ways, filled with imperfections (the subject matter, not the photograph). The waves in the carpet and the flipped corner of the small one, the sports shoes on the left, it's all a bit silly. But then, her expression, the black tuxedo on the right, the buffet... very serious, a clash of two very different moods in very confined space.

How's that for over-analysation
Some more simple ones from little me. I know some of them are over-edited but I kind of like the a bit unreal style...
Attached images
img_1480-3s.jpg
img_6215s.jpg
img_1377-2s.jpg
img_6073s.jpg
Great job dwb! Only one pic from me

Attached images
_MG_8810.jpg
some more from West Park....
Attached images
DSCF6360.JPG
DSCF6370.JPG
DSCF6412.JPG
DSCF6432.JPG
DSCF6471.JPG
DSCF6479.JPG
Well I stopped down my lens and took a pic at f22 of a nice clear sky. It is worse than I thought

What do you think enough to effect sharpness?
Attached images
DSC_8033.jpg
Some f*cking bad shots from a local enduro race.

Weather ruined it all.

Attached images
_MG_9525.jpg
_MG_9026s.jpg
_MG_9043.jpg
_MG_9045.jpg
_MG_9064.jpg
_MG_9103.jpg
_MG_9119.jpg
_MG_9173.jpg
_MG_9268.jpg
_MG_9333.jpg
Quote from Toddshooter :Well I stopped down my lens and took a pic at f22 of a nice clear sky. It is worse than I thought

What do you think enough to effect sharpness?

Definitely needs a cleaning, but I seriously doubt it's affecting IQ at any appreciable level. As you can see, Don's dust problem is on a far more epic scale, and you can see how well his shots come out.

Seriously, get a Giottos blower and see what that does for you. I'll bet it takes care of most of it.
Guys, why is this thread on page 2 in Off Topic? What wrong with us?

Bought this yesterday:

Came home late, was too tired to get my head all wrapped around it, so two shots using the function I fancied the most were all I did. Wireless flash

Attached images
DSC09511.jpg
DSC09503.jpg
DSC09527.jpg
Nice morpha! I need one too.

I also need a tele zoom or just a good zoom lens for shooting motorsports. I though of tele zoom because I usually need to zoom alot to the target.

I've been looking for EF 75-300mm, but have not heard very good things about it. My friend has sigma's 70-300mm APO but it seems to be a slow lens.
The pricetag should be around 200-500euros.. Any advices?
If you don't mind your lens being a bit on the slow side, the Tamron 70-300mm is a great value and usually goes for around $100 (over here, anyway). I also have a Quantaray 100-300mm that's a rebadged Sigma, I think, and it's alright. Got it for $75 used.
I'm more into a good lens for ~300euros price. I'm going for either sigma or canon lenses. I don't trust any else brand
Went to Whitby again last Friday night, for fish and chips. It's a 3 hour round-trip but it's worth it.

Caught a rainbow, caused by the setting sun refracting in the waves crashing onto the rocks on the other side of the harbour wall.

One of the local pan-handlers. This git will swoop down and steal your fish and chips straight out of your hands.
Attached images
DSC_7413.jpg
DSC_7423.jpg
Would sigma's 17-70mm be good? It's not a telezoom but it looks good. F/2.8-4.5

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG