The online racing simulator
I had a look in this thread for the first time the other day and spent a good time being blown away by the quality and content of a lot of the pictures on show.
Cheers Spanky.
Quote from spankmeyer :Would probably sell well thru stock.

But what makes you think that would be succesful in stock? It's just a detail of colour and texture, doesn't tell a story or convey any emotion.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Interesting bokeh in that last one. What lens was that?

what makes a bokeh interesting sometimes is lens vignetting...it rounds bokeh to a circle or something...with my 50 at f1,4 it works pretty well
I meant more the "busy" bokeh in the background.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :I meant more the "busy" bokeh in the background.

Yeah, the 80-200/2.8 hasn't got the smoothest bokeh unless I get closer. That was @ 170mm, the subject about, dunno, 10-20 meters away, heavy rain with high enough shutter speed creates those small highlights which makes it look even stranger. (1:1 crop attached for your curiosity). For foreground bokeh I would not consider this lens as the prime candidate.

sssssssssssssssssssssssssssx (<- message from my cat)

Quote from majod :what makes a bokeh interesting sometimes is lens vignetting...it rounds bokeh to a circle or something...with my 50 at f1,4 it works pretty well

wat

Shooting wide open does make the bokeh highlights round but lenses with good bokeh are known for the smooth edges around highlights and more gradual shifts from highlights without strange halos.

Or that's how I see a good bokeh lens.

Lightness falloff in corners when shooting wide open does happen with some lenses more or less but that's simply a side effect of the particual optical design and does not correlate to bokeh smoothness whatsoever.
Attached images
crop.PNG
-
(PLAYAPIMP) DELETED by PLAYAPIMP
Quote from Toddshooter :Few shots from this falls family walks. Blueberry's are out late this year due to our cold wet summer.
The flower pic was lit from below with off camera flash this morning in the drizzle.

No homo but that kid has nice eyes
Awesome shots, Don.
Quote from STROBE :Cheers Spanky.

But what makes you think that would be succesful in stock? It's just a detail of colour and texture, doesn't tell a story or convey any emotion.

If you change the 'fruit' to 'ROI' or 'economy' or any other buzzword you are making a cheesy emotional disconnection between the elements and that kind of crap goes down well in marketing.
Company party...

It was my first event like that. Never have been shooting before in such a very bad light conditions. Not much even for 1.8F

We had company party celebrating 5 years of the project (Outsourcing for Verizon Business) with costumes (must express someone from 18 century and older).

Will post more later...
Lol, changed up my mind the last time. Just ordered Canon EF 70-300mm IS USM and lens hood for it. I hope it will be worth the money!
No, he really enjoyed the stage!!!

Here's the 1000mm lens, disassembled at the repair guy's shop:

Bottom pic is of the loose screw. Turns out several of the internal light baffles had also come loose. The optics look excellent, though. Repair guy is going to fix the baffles, re-tune the focus mechanism, and clean the glass.
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Lol, changed up my mind the last time. Just ordered Canon EF 70-300mm IS USM and lens hood for it. I hope it will be worth the money!

Its a good lens. Gets a little soft near 300mm. Anything better costs buckets of money though.
Quote from Don :http://don.vn.cz/photos/swiftrallyaction/

Hide your children!

Hmm, what can I say... One of your best sets possibly?

I liked the more aggressive approach in these. The framing, tilting and general action seemed more in-your-face. Not sure if anyone else feels the same.
Quote from spankmeyer :Hide your children!

Hmm, what can I say... One of your best sets possibly?

I liked the more aggressive approach in these. The framing, tilting and general action seemed more in-your-face. Not sure if anyone else feels the same.

in these last 2 galleries ive been experimenting with different postprocessing methods, because it was nothing that would really matter - I guess i'll stick to my standard method on next rally though - I'd like to keep those "more realistic".
Went to a sprint on sunday and took about 1600 photos, these are some of the better ones after filtering through them quite a few times

Migz....

NICE PICS! Didn't know you're that good. Very few pics was sligthly too over exposured but that doesn't bother.

-Try a smaller aperture so there will not be white spots
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :
-Try a smaller aperture so there will not be white spots

if he is using any of the (semi)auto modes, adjusting the aperture wont really change that, he'd have to go to manual and adjust both - aperture and exposure accordingly. But tbh it wouldnt get much better, because the dynamic range is too big. That's why i prefer rain on rallies - nice soft light without harsh shadows and reflections.

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG