The online racing simulator
When I first got that message, I typed $notes and almost crapped to my pants when there weren't any messages. Wen't into a panic, left the server and sent PM to SamH.
Has happened to me also, I've got one myself also in december I think, when I was able to race on race 1 still only, sweared at bugged wall.
The chatroom on the RA website causes my Firefox to crash. I went to the site just now, and it took me directly to the chatroom. I clicked "close chat" to take me back to the regular site, and while it loads I get the crash. It happened three times in a row.
Quote from Lateralus :The chatroom on the RA website causes my Firefox to crash. I went to the site just now, and it took me directly to the chatroom. I clicked "close chat" to take me back to the regular site, and while it loads I get the crash. It happened three times in a row.

I'm pretty sure this is a problem with your installation of Firefox, or one of your active add-ins perhaps. The room has been solidly tested in all browsers, it uses good code and there's no reason for it to crash any browser accessing it.

There is an issue with Opera, with the auto-scrolling DIV not scrolling far enough, but this has been fixed in the Opera Beta 9.5. Otherwise, it's pretty rock steady. There are bound to be occasional barfs along the way, but the code invoking and used in the chatroom is all standard AJAX stuff. The code ain't broke.
Sam, it does have issues in Safari (Admin Chat and CTRA Chat), where it throws constant Javascript errors to the point where Safari eventually crashes, but that takes like 3 or 4 days for that to happen.

I forget if it threw those JS errors in Firefox though, I don't recall it doing so, but it may throw them with the code related to sounds.

EDIT: Just tested it in FF3, It does throw the JS errors related to sound stuffs (on MyCTRA page due to message, but normal chat doesn't have sound).
I'm still not coding specifically for Mac OS browsers.. the only thing I can do is remove features in the chatroom because they're unsupported in Mac. The errors are being thrown, not because of an error in the code, but the inability of the browser to correctly interpret the code. I've tried and given up trying to support Safari.. it just isn't well featured enough as a web browser.
Hmm... Someone managed to start race before the track was loaded.
Attached files
CTRA_bnj_bug.mpr - 50.3 KB - 235 views
Well, if it is a bug I'd say it's in LFS, and not the X-system. Was that driver in the previous race, or had he just joined? I'm wondering if it's possible that he already had that track loaded on his machine. Even though it said still loading, it was obviously loaded on the host when he started.
Definitely weird. I didn't watch til the end, did he actually make you all wait til he finished?
Quote from JohnnyFX :Well, if it is a bug I'd say it's in LFS, and not the X-system. Was that driver in the previous race, or had he just joined? I'm wondering if it's possible that he already had that track loaded on his machine. Even though it said still loading, it was obviously loaded on the host when he started.
Definitely weird. I didn't watch til the end, did he actually make you all wait til he finished?

He was racing on previous race. He managed to get to the grid-list in the middle of a loading procedure. And we restarted after a while, no point to have only one racer on a track...
Quote from Bean0 :His fastest lap is more liek a GT2 than GT1, maybe he has the restrictions slightly wrong and it is allowing him to drive but show as a GT1 ???

With Silver Licence?

He self sayed he drived a GT2 and i think with Silver is a GT1 not allowed?
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]ADODB.Field[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]error '800a0bcd'[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]/myctra/Default.asp[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2], line 481[/SIZE][/FONT]

this comes, when i wanna login to myctra
Sorry! My mistake.. should be fine now!
This isnt a major bug or anything, but I just thought I'd point it out.

Should be point, not points, or is it not changeable?
Attached images
points.JPG
Quote from J@tko :This isnt a major bug or anything, but I just thought I'd point it out.

Should be point, not points, or is it not changeable?

It can be fixed! I'll do that this evening
that's just being picky
thats a simple if statement innit?
Yup! Remember, I work in ASP.. so..

Function DoPlural(nValue,strText)
If nValue=1 Then
DoPlural=CStr(nValue) & " " & strText
Else
DoPlural=CStr(nValue) & " " & strText & "s"
End If
End Function

Then To use it, I just use the code..
<%=DoPlural(nCTRALicence,"point")%>

Returns "1 point" or "2 points" depending on the CTRALicence
Quote from SamH :Yup! Remember, I work in ASP.. so..

If nValue=1 Then
Else
End If
End Function

Then To use it, I just use the code..
<%=DoPlural(nCTRALicence,"point")%>

Returns "1 point" or "2 points" depending on the CTRALicence

I just got done converting a html table at work in a ';' delimited file to import into mysql (in case you are wondering, yes it was a pain in the ass), so i kinda got coding and problem solving on the brain here... So, I got inspired.

**Disclaimer**
I am not a arrogant ass that wants to show anybody up. Just having fun cause I like to try new things and contribute. This is just an idea. I don't know much about ASP, I use PHP. Not that I'm really great at it either. I am in no way/shape/form a web programming god.

Anyways. Here it is.

If nValue=1 Then
ElseIF nValue=0 Then
DoPlural=CStr(No) & " " & strText & "s"
ElseIf nValue=-1 Then
Else
End If

I remembered my Clubman license stats (still at 0 points btw) and thought that seeing "No Points" there might be fun. I've heard that B n' J can have negative points, but I can't be for sure. I am also not sure if using the CStr Function is needed when defining the variable as "No". TBH I'm not even sure if what I just posted is correct at all and I have no place to test it.

Have fun,

Jay
hehe.. nice coding! The licences are all unsigned integers in MySQL, and you can't go negative (fingers crossed) in the X-System code either.

In VB, you can write
If nValue=1 or nValue=-1 Then
Else
End If

You're quite right, you don't need to CStr when creating strings in VBScript, but Dustin's learning to code at the moment, so I thought I'd chuck it in as a visual clue. My function, instead of CStr, goes to another function called WithCommas, which just returns the result of VBScript function FormatNumber(nValue,0,,0). I can always remember "WithCommas". I can't ever remember "nValue,0,,0" without looking it up!

[edit] I actually just soaked up your function properly. Sorry! LOL! I like the "No points" idea!
The CStr(No) would actually take the value of the variable "No" and convert it to a string. Probably it would still finish up as "0 points"

[edit] Last edit before bed.. if you want some IIS webspace to play with VB etc, lemme know Jay.
Quote from SamH :hehe.. nice coding! The licences are all unsigned integers in MySQL, and you can't go negative (fingers crossed) in the X-System code either.

In VB, you can write
Else
End If

You're quite right, you don't need to CStr when creating strings in VBScript, but Dustin's learning to code at the moment, so I thought I'd chuck it in as a visual clue. My function, instead of CStr, goes to another function called WithCommas, which just returns the result of VBScript function FormatNumber(nValue,0,,0). I can always remember "WithCommas". I can't ever remember "nValue,0,,0" without looking it up!

Cool.

Good Luck to Dustin as well.

Nice shortcut with the OR operator there btw. You know how to keep those CPU cycles down I see .
I'm doing PHP, which I'm starting to learn some stuff in, although it shows some stuff to me.

<?php 
php

echo "Hello World\n";
?>

- seems tutorials and books in every lanaguage (even spoken languages) use that
Hmm, is it possible that the driver in question has an older version of LFS maybe?

But then if they did how could they connect to the server?
Replay works fine here.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG