The online racing simulator
very strange: on SS2 Jonesman is on the server, but he is not shown in the list of the server-page ?
Hmm been kicked for spamming bcus i welcomed 3 different person within a hour
And rightfully so, you spammer!
Quote from haelje :very strange: on SS2 Jonesman is on the server, but he is not shown in the list of the server-page ?

Jonesman is the Stig of [HR] he's a ghost an entity what do you expect

Quote :niels1 Hmm been kicked for spamming bcus i welcomed 3 different person within a hour

Niels your just too friendly get a grip mate
again there seems to be the problem, that the webpage doesn't show correctly the drivers on a server, if there is only one driver on it personally i use mates@trackNG and today there was SS1 and Race2 which were populated with only one driver and the webpage said, there was no current connection. it seems only to happen, if it is the "one driver case". if this is a general bug, you should be able to reproduce it, it's the second day i recognize it.
Single Seater 3
Hey Sam, I was just on SS3, and there appears to be a couple of problems. First, when I tried to take out an unrestricted F08 with my International B license, it told me I needed the SS2 restrictions for it. Then, when I entered the needed restrictions, it told me I need an International A to drive the car. On the website, it does indicate that the F08 can be driven with the International B.
#82 - SamH
Hmm.. I don't think we've ever tested it, actually. I'm too tired tonight, but I'll get the correct licence requirement settings done tomorrow. Sorry!
in my eyes its totally senseless to open a server where are 9
people allowed to enter it... just my 2 cents
#84 - T!m0
just a short note:
In the B&j rules it says that getting into the car costs 3p but it is just 1p
I don't know the exact numbers but the amount of entry points varies from licence to licence. So it likely is correct that you only lose 1 point.
#86 - SamH
I dropped the price of entry recently, for each of the licence levels. Where does it give prices? I need to correct it.

[edit] Found and fixed. Thanks!
I had that bug where I said the same bind twice in a race (several laps apart) and got the SPAM WARNING. This time it was at The Champagne circuit.
#88 - SamH
Quote from Mp3 Astra :I had that bug where I said the same bind twice in a race (several laps apart) and got the SPAM WARNING. This time it was at The Champagne circuit.

I haven't been able to reproduce this in a server, but I found a window of opportunity for it to happen in the source code and plugged the hole. It will be fixed with the next revision of the X-System, probably tomorrow night
#89 - SamH
Quote from Jonesman59 :Hey Sam, I was just on SS3, and there appears to be a couple of problems. First, when I tried to take out an unrestricted F08 with my International B license, it told me I needed the SS2 restrictions for it. Then, when I entered the needed restrictions, it told me I need an International A to drive the car. On the website, it does indicate that the F08 can be driven with the International B.

Fixed this problem. Small error in the config
I'm having a strange issue on SS2 with the FJR.

The restrictions seem to have a bizarre effect on upshifting. The FO8 has throttle cut and so I shouldn't have to lift the throttle on upshifts. This is the case for shifting into 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, but when I try to shift into 5th it simply refuses. I either have to lift a lot to get into gear, or hold the paddle down for 3 or 4 seconds, which slows the car down massively until it's going slowly enough to initiate a shift.

This doesn't occur in the unrestricted FO8, and mass wouldn't be affecting this, so it must be the intake restriction.
I think someone just went on a removing people from the race spree in the BJ server while we were in the lobby. Don't know who it was though.
#92 - SamH
Quote from Lateralus :I'm having a strange issue on SS2 with the FJR.

The restrictions seem to have a bizarre effect on upshifting. The FO8 has throttle cut and so I shouldn't have to lift the throttle on upshifts. This is the case for shifting into 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, but when I try to shift into 5th it simply refuses. I either have to lift a lot to get into gear, or hold the paddle down for 3 or 4 seconds, which slows the car down massively until it's going slowly enough to initiate a shift.

This doesn't occur in the unrestricted FO8, and mass wouldn't be affecting this, so it must be the intake restriction.

That's odd. I'll have to see if I can duplicate it. Course, even if I can duplicate it, I can't do anything to fix it.. we'll have to highlight it as a suspected bug, and shove it before Scawen

Quote from Mp3 Astra :I think someone just went on a removing people from the race spree in the BJ server while we were in the lobby. Don't know who it was though.

Yep, we're still stuck with this problem. I desperately need to be able to collect this action in the server log. Until I can do that, I can't be sure of the culrit. I have my suspicions on a couple of candidates, and when we can finally trap them, they'll be in trouble, but until that day, I'm stuck
Quote from SamH :

Yep, we're still stuck with this problem. I desperately need to be able to collect this action in the server log. Until I can do that, I can't be sure of the culrit. I have my suspicions on a couple of candidates, and when we can finally trap them, they'll be in trouble, but until that day, I'm stuck

Oh right; I thought that you already had the means to do that. What would be pretty useful is if the actual game only allowed administrators to do the removal!

I removed someone once, thinking that it was a button that showed more details. It was not! I'm sure they were not amused.
about this FJR thing: this happend to every driver i´ve talked
so far and it sucks big time. i think it drops the even low
popularity of the FJR down to zero

i NEED to declutch to get the 5th and 6th gear in time and
i don´t like it much.

well, maybe we should try another restriction???

or how about open the FO8 season?
Hi Sam,
Is it on purpose that you spam yellow stuff at us when I use the "sorry" bind on my keyboard? I nearly crashed there trying to read that thing!

I was involved in a racing incident on UF-BR in the last days (no sure whose fault, but in doubt...), launched a quick "sorry" while waiting for the others to re-pass and received a spammy yellow message from CTRA... stating "actions not words" or something the like, what about doing both? Should I stop doing both?
The reason I use sorry is in order not to get rammed by the cars I let through - explaining why I'm unusually slow.
The reason I use a bind is mouse driving, I assure you you don't want me to type and drive at the same time, driving is complicated enough on it own
So no more F2 - sorry?
#96 - SamH
Quote from Mille Sabords :Hi Sam,
Is it on purpose that you spam yellow stuff at us when I use the "sorry" bind on my keyboard? I nearly crashed there trying to read that thing!

I was involved in a racing incident on UF-BR in the last days (no sure whose fault, but in doubt...), launched a quick "sorry" while waiting for the others to re-pass and received a spammy yellow message from CTRA... stating "actions not words" or something the like, what about doing both? Should I stop doing both?
The reason I use sorry is in order not to get rammed by the cars I let through - explaining why I'm unusually slow.
The reason I use a bind is mouse driving, I assure you you don't want me to type and drive at the same time, driving is complicated enough on it own
So no more F2 - sorry?

Hiya.. it IS intentional, for the moment. We processed around 60 reports over the last few days, and one predominant problem in the servers at the moment is definitely that many people who screw up are quick to apologise with a key bind, but equally quick to carry on and leave their victim in the dust. For the moment, we're ensuring that nobody can claim they "didn't know" they were required to wait. Once we see the trend turn, we'll gladly drop the bind association
Race Results and $results do not match.

If you want a replay - its the CTRA Race 1 replay that finished at around 12.39 pm.

lfs_00000023.bmp
#98 - SamH
I'm not following.. what doesn't match?

[edit] I think I see what you're saying. What you're seeing on this screenshot is a snapshot of the end of the race at the time you got the $results screen up. After that, some other late finishers crossed the finish line and showed on the LFS finishers list but not on the CTRA finishers. The $results system is on a timed delay. If you'd clicked Okay and then gone back to it, you'd have seen a more full set.
Quote from SamH :I'm not following.. what doesn't match?

[edit] I think I see what you're saying. What you're seeing on this screenshot is a snapshot of the end of the race at the time you got the $results screen up. After that, some other late finishers crossed the finish line and showed on the LFS finishers list but not on the CTRA finishers. The $results system is on a timed delay. If you'd clicked Okay and then gone back to it, you'd have seen a more full set.

OK - thanks Sam.
One driver problem ?
hi i posted this bug a time before, but was not really sure it was a bug. but if i'm not wrong, nobody really answer to that issue, so i post it again.

obviously there is a bug in der server-section of the ctra-homepage, if there is only 1 driver on server. i tested today with a team-mate, because we wanted to be sure, that it's not only the case if this one driver is in spec-mode. i raced one race on SS3 and was never visible with my name in the driver list of the server. BUT the number shown behind "Guests", which shows the number of connections to the server is correct. it showed 1/39, but without my name, there were only the " No Connections At Present."

i think this could be an issue, especially with the single-seater servers, because the higher one are not well populated atm. and the possibility that someone comes on server, if you are racing alone is lesser, if there is with a "fast look over server page" only "No connections at present", so the magic of "oh there is someone, let's take a look" can only start if there are 2 drivers on server.

so can someone tell, if this really is a bug or some kind of magic feature

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG