The online racing simulator
#1 - VoiD
Bug(s) and fixes: X-system
To make things a bit easier for poor Mr. Hopkinson I think it´s a good idea to open this one.

CTRA2:
Never happened before: pitlane stayed closed after the race.

Don´t know if it helps, but there´s a replay...

Edit: solved, replay deleted
#2 - Gil07
The rotation was stuck on BL1 before the servers went down... When it was at 1 race before track change, it went back to 30 minutes.
Problems on SS1
First is severe lag. Worse than I've ever seen on an LFS server. And just now it crashed.

The track change function seems to not be working at all. I logged on two hours ago when it was on BL1, and it said approximately 30 minutes to track change. Here we are still on BL1, still 30 minutes to go.

Race length is wrong (currently it's 4 laps).

Server capacity is too low.

Let it be known that I'm not complaining, I'm just posting what I've experienced in order to help you guys get this thing up and running as quickly and as easily as possible.

Thanks for your continued efforts. Hopefully this will be sorted soon.
#4 - SamH
Yep, the lag is my doing. I'm trying to build a batch file at the moment to delete all redundant replay files. There are nearly 23,000 files in the replay directory and the software is struggling to deal, so hopefully in a few minutes there will be a few thousand less for it to list through.

I keep restarting the X-System while we're ironing out bugs, and that is resulting in servers not changing at the moment. That's a byproduct of the beta nature that we're dealing with this evening, I'm afraid. Please avail yourself of the Shift-X to force a track change, though
No problem, thanks.
#6 - VoiD
Edit: deleted (merged threads)
Race 2 track change error
the manager fails to initiate a restart/race-end with;
"Track cycle File not found race2tracks.txt"
then just goes into a loop , manual restart worked but same after
Keep up the good work CTRA admins

Should have asked the beta testers in last week

SD.
#8 - SamH
Quote from VoiD :To make things a bit easier for poor Mr. Hopkinson I think it´s a good idea to open this one.

CTRA2:
Never happened before: pitlane stayed closed after the race.

Don´t know if it helps, but there´s a replay...

Thanks! Yep, the software was restarted after the race. It takes a minute or 3 for the software to realise that the race is over, after it's first been launched (or in this case relaunched). Once it catches on, it will go to restart mode.
Quote from Gil07 :The rotation was stuck on BL1 before the servers went down... When it was at 1 race before track change, it went back to 30 minutes.

Thanks.. I found the error and fixed it
Quote from SparkyDave :the manager fails to initiate a restart/race-end with;
"Track cycle File not found race2tracks.txt"
then just goes into a loop , manual restart worked but same after
Keep up the good work CTRA admins

Should have asked the beta testers in last week

SD.

I didn't have software for them to beta, last week! All the beta testing, apart from 2 races immediately prior to Patch Y being released, has been live this evening! Urgh!

Fixed the track rotation issues now.. all servers should be happy
I was only joking about the beta thing :P

I tryied babyR for 1st time tonight, awsome fun those cars but as I mentioned to you on the server, a bit stingy on the points ( I know twas only 3 lapos races) but 0 points for a win and fastest lap
EDIT:is was also showing diferent results compared to lfs ingame finishing order, but I suspect lag.

I dont envy your task at all Sam it must be long work at new patch time, well done on getting it out on time tho, you are indeed "Da Man"

SD.
#10 - VoiD
Obsolete replay
#11 - SamH
Works fine in Y here. Are you sure you have the right version of LFS linked to MPR files?
#12 - SamH
New X-System version 1.501 launched.
FIX - UF-BR points award increased.
#13 - VoiD
Quote from SamH :Works fine in Y here...

I must apologize!

It was me who was obsolete. Tried five times in a row to play my old XRR-record! :doh:

Too much of mulled wine yesterday. Sorry for wasting your time, Sam.
#14 - SamH
hehe! No sweat! I'm known in UKCT as "Mr Wrong Server" because I have a history of uploading files to the wrong hardware box and then complaining when I can't find them again
Quote from SamH :hehe! No sweat! I'm known in UKCT as "Mr Wrong Server" because I have a history of uploading files to the wrong hardware box and then complaining when I can't find them again

ROFL, been there done that. :P
-
(haelje) DELETED by haelje
#16 - FL!P
I was on SingleSeater 2, yesterday evening, driving the FJR with a few other people at Aston, and we all found that we had lots of troubles switching to 5th and 6th gears. Since it doesn't happen with the FO8, it might be caused by the intake restriction, somehow.
yesterday i used the "send replay as email link"-feature to get some nice replays of races. but in the email there is only the text:

"Here is the link you requested from CTRA!"

without any link to download ? perhaps an error ?
#18 - VoiD
Server.MapPath() error 'ASP 0175 : 80004005'

Disallowed Path Characters

/records.asp, line 371

The '..' characters are not allowed in the Path parameter for the MapPath method.

That´s what I get when I open LAP RECORD CHAMPIONSHIP - TOP 10.

EDIT:

Looks OK now
Quote from haelje :yesterday i used the "send replay as email link"-feature to get some nice replays of races. but in the email there is only the text:

"Here is the link you requested from CTRA!"

without any link to download ? perhaps an error ?

Got that too...
Don't know if it's a bug or a feature, but the races are much shorter than pre-Y. Only 3 laps round a track like BL1 just doesn't feel right, I thought it was pretty good before...
#21 - SamH
I'll have a looksy and see what the problem is with the email function and get that fixed ASAP

Which server are you seeing short races on? I shortened the race length on the UF-BR fairly early, because the race length was definitely too long. Is it that server or another?
Race 1
Theres more chance of me winning with shorter races because I don't have to hold my position for so long.

I've never actually won a race on CTRA... the best i've got is 2nd.

UF-BR is the best server i've ever raced on
#24 - SamH
I've increased the race lengths on the Race 1 and UF-BR servers. If people let me know how they feel about the new race lengths, *after* they've given them a good try, I'll adjust again if necessary
NOEZ! ME WANT 1 LAP RACES AGAIN!

:hide:

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG