The online racing simulator
Meh
If I had my way, the whole damn thing woulda been coded in COBOL!
Quote from SamH :If I had my way, the whole damn thing woulda been coded in COBOL!

ROFL!, Dont you like .Net?
It's not that I don't like it, I just don't properly know it yet. At the moment, I can do everything I want in regular ASP/VBScript. When I start hitting things that I can't do in that, I'll begin to introduce aspx elements and gradually migrate that way. I'm too busy creating content at the moment to be learning different ways of doing the same thing. When it's a necessity I'll get stuck in.
Quote from mcgas001 :ROFL!, Dont you like .Net?

Funny you should mention .net . I'm trying to get one of our .net apps upgraded at work. Not a web app though. It runs like more like a client.

I could be playing LFS. The upgrade broke so i could be here a while......
Quote from jbirdaspec :Funny you should mention .net . I'm trying to get one of our .net apps upgraded at work. Not a web app though. It runs like more like a client.

I could be playing LFS. The upgrade broke so i could be here a while......

Ouch, I love programming. Im up at 3am coding some music program i hardly ever use just because i can. Brilliant isnt it

Sam: Okies, I understand
Quote from mcgas001 :Ouch, I love programming. Im up at 3am coding some music program i hardly ever use just because i can. Brilliant isnt it

Sam: Okies, I understand

WHOOHOOO! We just got it fixed. Typo when on a DB table during the upgrade. Like a speck of dust in the eye. Small details that kicks your ass.

Do you UK guys ever sleep? It's late over there.
Quote from jbirdaspec :WHOOHOOO! We just got it fixed. Typo when on a DB table during the upgrade. Like a speck of dust in the eye. Small details that kicks your ass.

Do you UK guys ever sleep? It's late over there.

Congrats!, Yes we do sleep, SamH doesnt though. Hes just a machine...
Quote from mcgas001 :Congrats!, Yes we do sleep, SamH doesnt though. Hes just a machine...

I used to be that way. Then I got a kid.
Quote from jbirdaspec :I used to be that way. Then I got a kid.

Aww, Hope you still get in some time for lfs and programming still!

[SIZE=2][COLOR=#2b91af]DirectoryInfo[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] Di = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]new [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#2b91af]DirectoryInfo[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]([/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515]"C:\\Documents and Settings\\Sean\\My Documents\\My Music"[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]);[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][COLOR=#2b91af]FileInfo[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][] FlderFiles = Di.GetFiles();[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]foreach[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] ([/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#2b91af]FileInfo[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] F [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]in[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] FlderFiles)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]{[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][COLOR=#2b91af] MessageBox[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].Show(F.Name);[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]}[/SIZE]

Thats some very usefull and very annoying code. Im using that now in my media player so i can play all songs in My Music or somewhere else..

or you can do this...

DirectoryInfo Di = new DirectoryInfo("C:\\Documents and Settings\\Sean\\My Documents\\My Music");
FileInfo[] FlderFiles = Di.GetFiles("*.mp3");

foreach (FileInfo F in FlderFiles)
{
MessageBox.Show(F.Name);
}

And that returns all .mp3 files

E: Sorry Sam for turning this into the programmer forum, I just get carried away...
Quote from mcgas001 :Aww, Hope you still get in some time for lfs and programming still!

[SIZE=2][COLOR=#2b91af]DirectoryInfo[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] Di = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]new [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#2b91af]DirectoryInfo[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]([/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515]"C:\\Documents and Settings\\Sean\\My Documents\\My Music"[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]);[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][COLOR=#2b91af]FileInfo[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][] FlderFiles = Di.GetFiles();[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]foreach[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] ([/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#2b91af]FileInfo[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] F [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]in[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] FlderFiles)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]{[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][COLOR=#2b91af] MessageBox[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].Show(F.Name);[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]}[/SIZE]

Thats some very usefull and very annoying code. Im using that now in my media player so i can play all songs in My Music or somewhere else..

or you can do this...

DirectoryInfo Di = new DirectoryInfo("C:\\Documents and Settings\\Sean\\My Documents\\My Music");
FileInfo[] FlderFiles = Di.GetFiles("*.mp3");

foreach (FileInfo F in FlderFiles)
{
MessageBox.Show(F.Name);
}

And that returns all .mp3 files

E: Sorry Sam for turning this into the programmer forum, I just get carried away...

Ok. So you can load the page and it will grab the files from your my music or dir you specify and allow you to stream the music from a local or external location?
Quote from jbirdaspec :Ok. So you can load the page and it will grab the files from your my music or dir you specify and allow you to stream the music from a local or external location?

Noes, Its for my local music player So i can play all my music via a custom music player It does work with ASP.Net though.
hehe.. I don't mind if this becomes a programmers' corner

I don't sleep these days.. insomnia kills! I had 2 stepkids for a few years.. I sure slept in those days!
Quote from mcgas001 :Noes, Its for my local music player So i can play all my music via a custom music player It does work with ASP.Net though.

Ahh. Cool. Sorry. My mind goes nuts sometimes. I normally stick to php at the moment. My bosses want to do Visual Studio and bought me the software, but since I also get to upgrade our medical systems, police our public access wifi and a nice list of other things visual studio hasn't seem to much light yet. They are already talking about oracle custom apps and some business intelligence suites. OverLoad!
Sleeping's for poofs. Anyway I'm knackered - goodnight.
Quote from SamH :hehe.. I don't mind if this becomes a programmers' corner

I don't sleep these days.. insomnia kills! I had 2 stepkids for a few years.. I sure slept in those days!

I have that problem too, kinda. I cant hold a rythem of sleep. I always always feel sleepy at different times.. Really annoying sometimes...

Quote from jbirdaspec :Ahh. Cool. Sorry. My mind goes nuts sometimes. I normally stick to php at the moment. My bosses want to do Visual Studio and bought me the software, but since I also get to upgrade our medical systems, police our public access wifi and a nice list of other things visual studio hasn't seem to much light yet. They are already talking about oracle custom apps and some business intelligence suites. OverLoad!

I dont like PHP tbh, I so far <3 anything .Net
Quote from thisnameistaken :Sleeping's for poofs. Anyway I'm knackered - goodnight.

ROFL!!!!!!!

E: Now i feel tired, Great!... Night...
The project i just finished up tonight is one of the big things that has been holding me back from working on other things. Hopefully it fixes a lot of problems. Maybe I will be to use VS a bit more now. The only thing I tried with .net was a application launcher that we could use to launch other inhouse custom apps from web pages. I could get it to work on my local machine well, but from client machines it didn't do so well. Ever done anything like that?
We run something similar on the UKCT machine. It's listening for events (database values, file changes.. anything we set up) and launches applications on the server. We had a significant problem solving the IWAM/IUSR permissions issue, so had to resort to this method. It's not ideal, but it works.
Quote from SamH :We run something similar on the UKCT machine. It's listening for events (database values, file changes.. anything we set up) and launches applications on the server. We had a significant problem solving the IWAM/IUSR permissions issue, so had to resort to this method. It's not ideal, but it works.

That would be better as a service you know. There really easy to make, Just the installer files are a bitch..
AFAIK it's running as a service. I didn't write it and it's running under a different account from the one I'm using.
Oooh, ok
Quote from SamH :AFAIK it's running as a service. I didn't write it and it's running under a different account from the one I'm using.

shhh stop giving my babys secrets away - assuming its my thing your talking about

In Sam's defense he is sucessfully resisting all my attempts to PHP him

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG