The online racing simulator
We've literally run out of screen space, displaying the different cars and their records. We have the 3 GT2s, a FJR and a UF-BR to fit on the screen. I need to redesign the page, so I'll get on that
#252 - Dru
Quote from SamH :We've literally run out of screen space, displaying the different cars and their records. We have the 3 GT2s, a FJR and a UF-BR to fit on the screen. I need to redesign the page, so I'll get on that

point 8 font for the win Sam
Quote from SamH :We've literally run out of screen space, displaying the different cars and their records. We have the 3 GT2s, a FJR and a UF-BR to fit on the screen. I need to redesign the page, so I'll get on that

Is there any need to show records other than for those in the cars available to drive on a particular server ?
Strictly speaking, of course, nope, but it would be problematic to solve the problem that way for me. It'd also remove an opportunity for bragging rights, for record holders. There are other ways

I've actually dropped the fuel info stuff instead. It was less reliable, in the end, than the fuel estimates that are now to be found by default in LFS with patch Y (probably due to duff user input, I don't know) and nudged some other info around a little.
-
(patko) DELETED by patko
I was on Race 1 today, I finished in 4th place on the lead lap. However, I appear TWICE on the results chart, in the wrong place(s).

It has me in P12, 13 laps behind and then again in P15. Very weird

I am [TG] Captain Slow. There are some other people's placings that are messed up too
Attached images
lfs_00000415.jpg
Hmm.. I'll have to look in to that one. Thanks!
Sam, Think this is a bug. Look in the picture, The results start to overlap the "OK" button.
Attached images
ctra.JPG
Yeah, I noticed that in the shot from JO53PHS. It's fixed in my version Cheers!
Quote from SamH :Yeah, I noticed that in the shot from JO53PHS. It's fixed in my version Cheers!

Ooopsss :o, I should have noticed that really.
Whoops!!!

I'll get that fixed now

[edit] Fixed!
Wow, that´s fast!

Thx (downloading)
Remote:

Race1, SS2 and SS3 went to digital nirvana...
Cheers! They should be fine again now
yep...it is
Found out something odd while I was on BnJ.

I played on champagne, and when the race ended and it randomizes new layout, I didn't joined that race. During that race came message saying that I wasn't fast enough. That race was counted as "races joined", even I didn't joined it.
Don't Know it's already reported... but something was today for a race wrong.

(6 May 08, think it was the race at 11:51, or the one before.)
Attached images
ctra-bug.jpg
$ADMIN message
Any idea what this is? It says I have a message but it also says I don't...

You are probably spectating at that moment and not in a car. So the screen shows the same thing as the drivers whos view/car you are in at that moment.
yh this happens alot, i had it on bump and jump were nearly every driver who entered the server would say about it cos the person who had the message was the one lfs most favoured going to, i must have exlained it 8 times in not that long of a period.

the 'problem' doen not bother me but then i know what it means to those who do not it can be very confusing
> You are probably spectating at that moment and not in a car

Nope, I was driving, and that big yellow message is straight in front of me.
Hence the post here.

1) Am driving.
2) Yellow notification of having a message (on all the time)
3) Type in $next
4) Get the message(s) of no messages

Ps - it did disappear when the new race started - but that was *several* minutes later.

> must have exlained it 8 times in not that long of a period

... what?
dunno then, but often it is down to a driver spectating a driver with an admin message
If you are not looking at your own car, you will see others admin warnings, due to it using the RCM's
Quote from Defi :Don't Know it's already reported... but something was today for a race wrong.

(6 May 08, think it was the race at 11:51, or the one before.)

His fastest lap is more liek a GT2 than GT1, maybe he has the restrictions slightly wrong and it is allowing him to drive but show as a GT1 ???
Same happened to me once, I was driving then as well.

Bug(s) and fixes: X-system
(492 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG