The online racing simulator
You looked the part, which is the main thing
Quote from joshdifabio :I only noticed this thread last night!

Anyway, I'm certainly interested in coming, although if I'm in E-Sussex at the time it's gonna be a tough journey... is anyone planning on travelling from down there?

Yeah, im interested in going, also from east sussex. PM Me!!

(Oh, and Mr. Smith put me down for a possible!)
If only 1/2 these people show up it will be a fun day =)
I'm expecting quite a few to drop out once a date is picked. Currently looks like, even with the most popular option, a quarter of the group will be out straight away. I'd be quite happy to get half, as with some more additions along the way we might hit 40 people, which would be mad.
Quote from Bob Smith :I'm expecting quite a few to drop out once a date is picked. Currently looks like, even with the most popular option, a quarter of the group will be out straight away. I'd be quite happy to get half, as with some more additions along the way we might hit 40 people, which would be mad.

Well, i will definetely be coming. Have'nt gone to one before, so it should be a laugh. I just want to know if there are any age restrictions on the karts/quad bikes? I will be 16 by the time the meet up is happening, so i should be ok i think.

Sorry if it has been mentioned in the thread before though matey.

P.S im bringing my nitro RC buggy so you can bagsy the first go if you like ben...lol
Bob, i hope a lot of people do go. Im not driving 4 hours + for nothing
#358 - AMB
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Well, i will definetely be coming. Have'nt gone to one before, so it should be a laugh. I just want to know if there are any age restrictions on the karts/quad bikes? I will be 16 by the time the meet up is happening, so i should be ok i think.

Sorry if it has been mentioned in the thread before though matey.

P.S im bringing my nitro RC buggy so you can bagsy the first go if you like ben...lol

Shouldn't be any restrictions, the youngest you can be to drive a kart is 8 years old, so your in lol, if i remember correctly, in proper race karts you get 8 years olds doing 55mph which is fast for a 8 year old the karts you hire will do about 40 - 45 mph they normally say 60mph but don't listen them, they normally run Honda GX160 engines, some are single or twin, e.g two engines but this doesn't make much of a difference because the added weight of an extra engine, anyway if anyone wants anymore information about the karts just ask me hope this helps everyone,
I'm interested!

A fair journey (Aberdeen area) but looking at the trains I should at least be able to get a train to Newcastle. Once date is confirmed I'll look into the costs involved traveling
I flicked through this thread as im on lunch. Is this the carting track in Middlesbrough Bob. Certinally looks like the post apocolyptic aerial shot of the area.

I can walk to that track i'll read up some more but you can count me in. Problem I have is that i don't forum much just IRC so hardly anyone will know me (for the first ten minutes).

Ben, whats the nearest Hotel?

Or maybe, one that you would recommend that isn't too far away?
Quote from The General Lee :Ben, whats the nearest Hotel?

Or maybe, one that you would recommend that isn't too far away?

+ 1 on this, i need to find somewhere to sleep too
I found a B&B in Shef, but I would rather stay in a hotel tbh.
Quote from The General Lee :I found a B&B in Shef, but I would rather stay in a hotel tbh.

Hotels are nice etc etc so i see what your saying. Theres gotta be at least a Travelodge somewhere near there. 20-30miles even? :P

Big grin
If you are staying the night, I would presume you will be joining those of us who will be going out in Newcastle later that evening. Newcastle is only 15 miles from the circuit, not too far I think.

There are plenty of hotels in Newcastle, I'll do some digging and post up a list of a few cheaper ones later tonight.

For the ultimate cheapskate I have a three sleeping bags and airbeds (and a large lounge to put them in) that people are welcome to use for the night, and even a spare bedroom (although the spare room and two of the bags are already reserved)... if you feel comfortable staying with someone you've never met that is.
I plan on staying up there on Friday night and Saturday night.

I plan on coming out with the rest into Newcastle, so maybe a hotel in Newcastle would be better.
Quote from Bob Smith :If you are staying the night, I would presume you will be joining those of us who will be going out in Newcastle later that evening. Newcastle is only 15 miles from the circuit, not too far I think.

There are plenty of hotels in Newcastle, I'll do some digging and post up a list of a few cheaper ones later tonight.

For the ultimate cheapskate I have a three sleeping bags and airbeds (and a large lounge to put them in) that people are welcome to use for the night, and even a spare bedroom (although the spare room and one of the bags is already reserved)... if you feel comfortable staying with someone you've never met that is.

It also might be worth having a look at hotels in Durham too. As Houghton-Le-Spring isn't too far away from Durham either.

Avoid hotels in Sunderland though (althuogh I might be biased).
There's 2 (maybe 3) Premier Inns in the city centre, also a couple of *removed name*.
Quote from Bob Smith :JGent - doesn't really matter, you're more than welcome. Not Middlesbrough though, nearer Houghton Le Spring - http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=SR32PR

I was flicking through quickly. The cart track in middlesbrough advertises itself as the fastest in Europe. I recently went Go-Karting for the first time. Did a 1 hour endurance..... my teeth are still vibrating.

" one in a million karting circuit measuring over 1000m in length awaits at our top class Middlesbrough venue! We are home to some of the most rip-roaring race events imaginable and boast top of the range karts capable of some truly hair-raising speeds! You and your mates will be overloaded with adrenaline as you line up on the starting grid and prepare for the automotive adventure of a lifetime! Great facilities, race events and friendly staff combine to make our cracking circuit one that you simply cannot afford to miss"

Been looking for a reason to visit my local track for a bit.

I haven't seen you on IRC for a bit Bob, where have you been hiding?

#liveforspeed on irc.gamesurge.net
IRC is a bit like instant messenger really, there's always loads of people there but nobody ever says anything. I'll try to pop by later in the week.
ye some where to stay would be nice , i mean my dad will be driving me 2000 miles
Quote from Bob Smith :Some accomodation links:
*removed link*

^ intrests me. How close is that to whats going on?
You know, if all people traveling booked into the same hotel, the hotel staff may quit on mass. Which would be fun

LFS UK Karting Meet 2008
(926 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG