The online racing simulator
Quote from Victor :http://vic.lfs.net/pics/350z_1.jpg

A friend of mine had one of those, and it got nicked by Scousers and used in a kidnapping. He was picking empty shell casings out of it for months afterwards.

So if you are planning to drive to Liverpool, rent a Polo or something.
I'm in - I live in Newcastle so not far to come. Want some money?
Quote from Victor :

And i just had a look at the map, to see where the venue is located - looks not too far from the Isle of Man - maybe i'll pop by there too I suppose there's a boat that can take me across? (if anyone would wanna join they're welcome (with their own car))

May be interested ... Got to see how my finances work out, but I've been toying with the idea of an Irish road trip for August, to take in some of the road races and finish up at the Manx.
Quote from Victor :For me it's not so much the karting event that's the event, i'm looking forward to the drive up there too! So why take a boat And if i go through the south of England, then i can pay a visit to some people as well.

If i wouldn't have to go alone, i would drive all around europe, just for fun. I enjoy every second behind the wheel, even if i'm in a jam

http://vic.lfs.net/pics/350z_1.jpg

Very nice. One of the directors at my work used to have a 350Z, they look even better in the flesh than in photos imo.

If you want to make a point of the driving, I'd still recommend the boat, and use the driving time you've saved to instead take a trip up north to the borders and Scotland, then come back down the west coast and through the lake district towards the ferry for the Isle of Man. Much more interesting than sitting on the A1 coming up from the south. I've had the dubious pleasure of having to do the Newcastle-London drive a few times recently, and, well, I'd be stunned if there's anyone that can actually get any pleasure from it.

Although I guess a 350Z is a good antidote to the awful roads and traffic and speed cameras.
Quote from Bob Smith :No chance of convincing Scawen / Eric to tag along too? I was going to 'formally' invite the three of you (well, four or five now I suppose, depending how many Roberts' you count), but with the way things have been looking I didn't want to waste your time.

My bad. It's 6 now. Can't keep up with the times these days...

Quote from TomMK :I'm in - I live in Newcastle so not far to come. Want some money?

I'll add you to the list but the deposits will need to come in groups as the venue insist on giving me a document to sign that confirms the number of people attending, so I'll add people in small groups once a month or so. Before I even think about that, I need the starting 16 deposits to arrive. There doesn't seem to be a 'pay everything on the day' option, unlike previous events.

I've now created an "almost confirmed but not paying their deposit yet" group, if you are still seriously intent on coming, let me know and I'll move you from the interested group into this group. This just lets me a keep better idea of numbers.
add me to the new group
thing is unless anything goes extremely wrong ill finish uni this june and dont really know what august will look like for me plus its a long trip and i havent really worked out how to either get to frankfurt or from london to newcastle
Me to the new group please Ben.

Nice Z Vic
Quote from Shotglass :add me to the new group
thing is unless anything goes extremely wrong ill finish uni this june and dont really know what august will look like for me plus its a long trip and i havent really worked out how to either get to frankfurt or from london to newcastle

Drive to Amsterdam and get the ferry to Newcastle, I have done the Amsterdam/Newcastle ferry trip before, it is like a mini cruise with a real party atmosphere onboard....can be a nightmare if you get seasick though as the North Sea can be very unforgiving. It should be calm in August (aye right :tilt.

Or you could get the train? Or are there any inexpensive flights from Frankfurt to Newcastle direct? I could easily pick you up at the airport, ferryport or train station
Quote from AlienT. :Drive to Amsterdam and get the ferry to Newcastle, I have done the Amsterdam/Newcastle ferry trip before, it is like a mini cruise with a real party atmosphere onboard....can be a nightmare if you get seasick though as the North Sea can be very unforgiving. It should be calm in August (aye right :tilt.

sounds lovely but both the ferry and the petrol to go the ~600km wont be cheap
plus i dont know what kind of car ill have once i earn my own money

Quote :Or you could get the train? Or are there any inexpensive flights from Frankfurt to Newcastle direct? I could easily pick you up at the airport, ferryport or train station

iirc ryanair offers cheap flights from frankfurt to newcastle (did apparently as i cant find any on their site) and air berlin has cheap ones from here (nuremberg) to london
too bad trains to frankfurt are sure to be stupidly expensive
Please add [SR] Mark to the new group pls Bob
Quote from Shotglass :sounds lovely but both the ferry and the petrol to go the ~600km wont be cheap
plus i dont know what kind of car ill have once i earn my own money

iirc ryanair offers cheap flights from frankfurt to newcastle (did apparently as i cant find any on their site) and air berlin has cheap ones from here (nuremberg) to london
too bad trains to frankfurt are sure to be stupidly expensive

I don't know where you stand with me personally but I am happy to pick anyone up from the airport in london or gatwick.
To Victor, because I can't send him private messages:

Voor zover ik weet ben je de enige Nederlander die naar de karting meet gaat. Ik heb ook al eens rondgekeken op internet, maar een reis daarheen met het OV is wel erg duur. Zou ik niet met het OV ergens heen kunnen en dat ik dan de rest van de reis met jou mee rijd (tegen een vergoeding)? Stuur me een PM.
Quote from Christopher Raemisch :I don't know where you stand with me personally but I am happy to pick anyone up from the airport in london or gatwick.

i dont remember having a personal vendetta against you so i supposed that wouldnt pose a problem
however apparently the only "london" airport i can get to cheaply is stansted
Just to confirm it is still my intention to be there, i'm just not in a position to pay as i'm currently on sick pay for another month or two, i'll be fine by then though.
Quote from Shotglass :i dont remember having a personal vendetta against you so i supposed that wouldnt pose a problem
however apparently the only "london" airport i can get to cheaply is stansted

=)

That works too, long as you chip in for fuel =)

Quote from Becky Rose :Just to confirm it is still my intention to be there, i'm just not in a position to pay as i'm currently on sick pay for another month or two, i'll be fine by then though.

=) Hopefully you can make it =)

Still working on finances here, bought tires and road tax this month so that was 500 pounds =/
Hi Bob hopefully I am not too late but please can you add me to the definite list? I have been in Malaysia for a few weeks and this seems to have passed me by. I will PM you as well.

Sorry if this means I'm messing things up

Cheers
I've moved people to different groups as requested...

Quote from jasonmatthews :Please add [SR] Mark to the new group pls Bob

Could you let me know the corresponding account names for the people I added to the list at your request?
Mark Matthews - ferret
Christian Tonge - tongey
Keith Matthews
- [SR] Keith
Kenneth Oaten
- kayjay

There you go...
Thanks.
put me down as interested, need to find out if i can afford it and travel from dorset
I'm going to be over in Europe in August so I think I would be able to make this. I would need a little time to confirm though, but I am definitly interested!
7 deposits received so far... keep 'em coming.

I'm marking your names off as I get them, so you can see if something you've sent me has arrived yet (see first post, as usual).
Just out of curiousity how many ginger people will be attending???
Quote from Mike Bingo :Just out of curiousity how many ginger people will be attending???

Depends on how many boxes of cookies I bring with me

LFS UK Karting Meet 2008
(926 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG