The online racing simulator
Count me in (again)
Quote from ajp71 :is there any information about rail access?

Quite simply, there isn't any. If arriving by train, your best bet is to get off at Durham or Newcastle on the East Coast Main Line, and arrange a lift with someone. There'll be plenty buses going to Doxford Park (about a mile or two away), but car is the only truly practical way.

Looks like a nice track though.
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps? ... amp;t=h&z=17&om=1
Warden Law (the circuit name) is a great track, VERY long and flowing. I guess with those karts it would suit the LFS driver. Never driven it though... might be fun

But oh god that is a long way to drive I guess I would be in at the moment.
Gonna be intresting for me

274 mi – about 4 hours 38 mins
#30 - Rish
Quote from GFresh :
But yeah, i'm up for it, especially if Dan can pop by and pick me up on the way

There might just be and easier solution!
Maybe if everyone posts their location who is interested in a karting LFS meet... and then from that you can pick a location that may suit everyone.... mind you it would probably be Whilton Mill lol AGAIN... NAH!!!!

PFi might be a better place as well. Nice facilities, in fact THE BEST facilities in the UK, and you could probably get a sim set up in the Cafe

That's near Fulbeck, Lincolnshire.

Pfi on-board - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v= ... m__xo&feature=related
yes pfi is a great track its like being in the malaysia f1 grand prix lol
I'm up for it
#35 - mr_x
Quote from Bladerunner :Hope you got a big tent and a big garden Chris...your turn to put the team up

Garden is urm... not that big at all. Aparently there's a Hotel being built in Consett... you can all stay there

Quote from Intrepid :Maybe if everyone posts their location who is interested in a karting LFS meet... and then from that you can pick a location that may suit everyone.... mind you it would probably be Whilton Mill lol AGAIN... NAH!!!!

PFi might be a better place as well. Nice facilities, in fact THE BEST facilities in the UK, and you could probably get a sim set up in the Cafe

That's near Fulbeck, Lincolnshire.

Pfi on-board - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v= ... m__xo&feature=related

North East England = accessible for everyone (including Scotland), Lincolnshire = not too good for the Scots.

Plus, North East England gets forgotten for EVERYTHING. It's about time we got noticed for something, even if it is an LFS meet. AND the last 3 have been down south, I think it's our turn up North to have one
Quote from mr_x :Garden is urm... not that big at all. Aparently there's a Hotel being built in Consett... you can all stay there

North East England = accessible for everyone (including Scotland), Lincolnshire = not too good for the Scots.

Plus, North East England gets forgotten for EVERYTHING. It's about time we got noticed for something, even if it is an LFS meet. AND the last 3 have been down south, I think it's our turn up North to have one

so its ur house for the beds and buffet eh !!
Excellent, glad to see there is some support going already. If we keep gunning for August then, I should hopefully have a car by then, so can pick people up, plus I have 3 sleeping bags & airbeds and a large front room for the cheapskates. And a spare room.

Plus where else would you want to go for a night out but Newcastle? I'd have months to plan a pub crawl. The route I can't remember will be the one used on the day.

If we could get 40-50 people that would be great but possibly a little ambitious. I'll still do name tags!
Quote from Bob Smith :Plus where else would you want to go for a night out but Newcastle?

The Tuxedo Princess? Technically it's not in Newcastle. I'm not even sure if the damn thing's still there. Have they torpedoed it yet?
Hmmm, count me in for now.

I wouldn't mind PFi myself, I was racing there just a few weeks ago.
Count me in. Not sure if I can get a direct flight to Newcastle, so I might drive. If I drive, there's a possibility of picking people up from Liverpool / Northwest.
#41 - robt
or on a boat storm?
If I'm driving by then - Defiantly count me in!

I would love to finally meet some of you guys.

Edit: If its the from about April onwards, I'll 100% be there
#43 - mr_x
Quote from franky500 :so its ur house for the beds and buffet eh !!

beds, nope.

the closest thing to a buffet near my house is the salad bar at Morrisons so that's out too.

If Ben fancies a pub crawl in Newcastle in the evening I might just stay in a travel lodge up there, or pull an all nighter (most likely), or even walk the 14 miles back to Consett.
Quote from robt :or on a boat storm?

Might have my M3 by then - that should be able to skip across the water on a calm day
#45 - need
Count me in
#46 - DeKo
With any decent luck ill have been driving for a few months, the north east isnt that long a journey from where i am, so im in, could be an interesting day out.

Me turning up in a wee shitey fiesta 1.25 with a couple of mates squeezed in will be an embarassment, consdering storm will be showing up in an M3.
Might be - I still could easily be stuck with the Pug 306.
Quote from GFresh :I'm certainly interested.
However i WAS hoping for an LFS trip to the Lemans 24hrs , I know thats far more expensive, but i can hope
But yeah, i'm up for it, especially if Dan can pop by and pick me up on the way

If ya don't mind a lift on the back on me bike
Quote from Rish :There might just be and easier solution!

Ahaa, well, if you're going......

Quote from danowat :If ya don't mind a lift on the back on me bike

Certainly don't, as long as there is a seat and i'm not gonna be sat on the paintwork on the tail. Sure i could sort myself a helmet out by then.
Sounds like a plan then

LFS UK Karting Meet 2008
(926 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG