The online racing simulator
Lmao
Just thought I would add, if anyone needs a lift from Sheffield (or the surrounding area) then I have no problem with people jumping in.
danowat just got pwned
Quote from danowat : , I would have just taken the "I don't like bikes" tack better

If it makes you feel any better dan, if I were in your neck of the woods I'd ride with you
Quote from the_angry_angel :If it makes you feel any better dan, if I were in your neck of the woods I'd ride with you

Thanks man, I feel loved again
Sorry guys, I won't be attending this year. I had every intention of going, it's just that a couple weekends before the set date, it's my 18th birthday and me and a few mates are spending the weekend in Bournemouth...Spearmint Rhino here we come!! So, all money will be spent on sexy ladies dancing all over me
Just sent out a big bunch of PMs, I need to get my list back up-to-date about who is coming and who isn't. With a little over 6 weeks to go, I've got more undecided people than people who are coming, and I'd like that reversed!
* Want to come, not paying the deposit - you're being a big girls blouse and spectating
well just this monday i managed to graduate from uni so ill be free for the next few weeks and im planning on showing up one way or the other
any help on figuring out how to get there from stansted and where to spend the night cheaply would be appreciated
I'm still hoping to come and spectate but it's tricky - I'm sort-of hoping to take a holiday in late August (girlfriend's a teacher so we have to do it during school holidays, can't do it earlier in the holidays because of other commitments) but that might get put off until October, no idea yet.

So if I am coming I'll have to tell you sort-of last-minute-ish.

The missus is supposed to be going up to the Edinburgh festival with one of her drama teacher mates at some point so if it coincides with that I'm definitely coming up to Sunderland to get pissed.
Quote from Shotglass :well just this monday i managed to graduate from uni

Congrats! What joke degree did you do?

Quote from Shotglass :any help on figuring out how to get there from stansted and where to spend the night cheaply would be appreciated

Any friendly southerners going who can collect Shot from Stansted?

Failing that it would take about five hours on the train, with 2-4 changes along the way. You can check it out for yourself here (you're going from Stansted to Sunderland).
I am not a million miles away from Stansted, but I am not taking the car, so.........
Quote : any help on figuring out how to get there from stansted and where to spend the night cheaply would be appreciated

You'll be passing me. I'll go halves on a rental car with you if its not to expensive?
Quote from Shotglass :well just this monday i managed to graduate from uni so ill be free for the next few weeks and im planning on showing up one way or the other
any help on figuring out how to get there from stansted and where to spend the night cheaply would be appreciated

If you cant get a lift from someone else, and are planing by train, may I suggest here. I used it to book my train journey down from Inverness to Newcastle and it save me about £30 quid in finding me the cheapest tickets rather than going through the money grabbing bar-stewards that is Scotrail. As for Hotels I've booked into the Royal Station Hotel, but as far as I know most rooms are full just now. There will be some travel Inns and Holiday Inns in and around Newcastle, when I get home form work I'll try and post some links.

BTW congrats on Uni, what were you studying?
Quote from ebola :Just thought I would add, if anyone needs a lift from Sheffield (or the surrounding area) then I have no problem with people jumping in.

Feel like stopping in Leeds?

I could have a car by then, so I'm still interested in going but not actually racing, if that makes it any easier
Quote from R34GTR :Feel like stopping in Leeds?

I could have a car by then, so I'm still interested in going but not actually racing, if that makes it any easier

I dont think Leeds would be too much of a problem, let me know nearer the time
Quote from thisnameistaken :I'm still hoping to come and spectate but it's tricky - I'm sort-of hoping to take a holiday in late August (girlfriend's a teacher so we have to do it during school holidays, can't do it earlier in the holidays because of other commitments) but that might get put off until October, no idea yet.

So if I am coming I'll have to tell you sort-of last-minute-ish.

youd better come... seeing how funny you are in real life is one of the main reasons why im doing this trip

Quote from thisnameistaken :Congrats! What joke degree did you do?

electric engineering

Quote from Becky Rose :You'll be passing me. I'll go halves on a rental car with you if its not to expensive?

not sure how much is a rental car in the uk for a weekend?
i did consider renting a caterham for a moment but thought better of iit after i saw the price
I'm sort of near Leeds but you wouldn't want a lift in my car, the passenger side window has come off the runner so no window down.
Quote from JO53PHS :YES!!111111111111

I GO THERE!!11111111111111ONE

No, I really do

Nice i havent been in ages tho but planing to go very soon, we should meet :P
Quote :not sure how much is a rental car in the uk for a weekend?
i did consider renting a caterham for a moment but thought better of iit after i saw the price

I just searched on avis.co.uk - the first one that came up on a google search - and it was £74 for a little 1.2 clio or equivellent for the weekend (9am sat to 5pm sun). That's less than the train cost before we've split it in two, but obviously dont cover petrol and whatever other expenses they've hidden.
hm sounds like an interesting option if i cant find anyone whos passing though the london area (on 4 wheels)
Remember, we drive on left over here and you may need to sell a couple of vital organs to pay for fuel.
I'm out - got a wedding to go to now, sorry!
Thank you to those of you who have got back to me already. I have just reset the list in the first post, marked everybody who hasn't paid or dropped out as "no response", and then started sorting people back into groups based on your responses. Please let me know if I've made any mistakes and it looks like I've got you in the wrong group.

I look forward to getting the rest of your responses. Don't hold back if you're dropping out, if I'm only dealing with another 4 attendees, so be it, I'd just rather know.

Cheers again, let's make this a good day!

Edit:
Oh, Shotglass, I can't remember quite who I've offered my floorspace to (I should really find the post where I was making a list), but I've still got three airbeds+sleeping bags available, and two spare rooms (with beds). I'm pretty sure that 5 people haven't asked yet, so there's some freebie accomodation for the night, should you want it. The nicest room is reserved for felplacerad but other than that, people can fight it out for the rest...
Soory for not replying, I was mid way through yesterday and had to quickly hide it from the boss.

I'm still a big girls blouse though.

LFS UK Karting Meet 2008
(926 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG