The online racing simulator
OK, with you two in, and I've got somebody else to join in to (who should post here to confirm in the next day or two), that leaves us with 15 people who can pay a deposit now. Just 1 short!

Should we get another willing to cough up the dough, there does seem to be a few others who can practically confirm but won't have money until nearer the time, so I'm confident there'll be at least 20 of us, should it all go ahead.
OK Bob, just pm me with the payment details when your ready. I use paypal if that helps
The boyos save the day!
I would be afraid to race against most of the lfs community when I don't have the option of shift + P
The Karting is a bonus, I'm going for the booze
I've been thinking about this. A 'end of summer road-trip' into the UK will be fun (first time on the wrong side of the road!).
I wanted to come over without confirming it here and just spectate, as i was assuming that the karting spots would all be taken by now. Seems they're not and so i would hate to get there only to find out i could've driven!
So bob, if it's not too late, count me in. I can pay you a deposit by bank transfer or whatever.

Anyone else crossing the channel by car btw?

And i just had a look at the map, to see where the venue is located - looks not too far from the Isle of Man - maybe i'll pop by there too I suppose there's a boat that can take me across? (if anyone would wanna join they're welcome (with their own car))
Great news Victor! Hopefully this will push a few more to join us aswell. Tot Ziens
If this is correct, Does that mean there is now enough people to book this event? Im still trying to get the money but having no job doesnt help. That said, As soon as the next £30 floats through my hands its going to Bob.
Quote from Victor :And i just had a look at the map, to see where the venue is located - looks not too far from the Isle of Man

It's on the wrong coast, but apart from that I suppose it's close...

I suppose it would be a 3-4 hour drive to Liverpool, no idea how long the ferry crossing takes.
well see if you go from Holland to Sunderland via the chunnel, then those 3-4 hours is peanuts
Bah Victor, i hope your not looking at this place http://www.pagemost.com/Sunderland-Lancashire thats not far from Isle of Man.

But thats not the right Sunderland, the Sunderland your after is in Tyne And Wear.
yep i was looking at the correct one.
Vic - Isle Of Man ferry doesn't take all that long. It's been 4 years since I went. I hope you drive something sporty to make use of the de-restricted mountain roads. Dangerous, but fun.

No chance of convincing Scawen / Eric to tag along too? I was going to 'formally' invite the three of you (well, four or five now I suppose, depending how many Roberts' you count), but with the way things have been looking I didn't want to waste your time.

Anyway, yes, that's 16 people now, I'll contact the karting center and tell them I can finally fill the damn booking form in.

Deposit payers - Expect a PM shortly with details.
That's good news.
Get up there
*books liver opereration for 25th August*
Aaah jeez, I'd like to go out and get tanked with you lot but I can only afford the karting and the ol' hollow legs aren't so hollow anymore :sick:
Quote from Victor :well see if you go from Holland to Sunderland via the chunnel, then those 3-4 hours is peanuts

Unless you really want to spend several hours sitting in heavy traffic around London and in the south east, I'd suggest getting the ferry (DFDS Seaways) from Amsterdam to Newcastle. I've just checked and it's quoting only £86 for a one-way trip in August at the moment (don't know when you'll be going back, but a return will be better value, obviously).

(EDIT) oops, I tell a lie, that was the passenger only price. £173 once you add a vehicle.
Quote from Bob Smith :Vic - Isle Of Man ferry doesn't take all that long. It's been 4 years since I went. I hope you drive something sporty to make use of the de-restricted mountain roads. Dangerous, but fun.

No chance of convincing Scawen / Eric to tag along too? I was going to 'formally' invite the three of you (well, four or five now I suppose, depending how many Roberts' you count), but with the way things have been looking I didn't want to waste your time.

Anyway, yes, that's 16 people now, I'll contact the karting center and tell them I can finally fill the damn booking form in.

Deposit payers - Expect a PM shortly with details.

We have a Sea Cat now. Takes 2.5 hours to get here.

The mountain road's a bit tame, but I drive over it every day so maybe I'm too used to it. There's only a couple of really good corners.
Still, everything's fun the first time. Beats driving up and down the M1 I bet.

I didn't realise you were in said Isle though. Cool stuff. Must see loads of nice cars about all the time. And bikers throwing themselves into the greenery.
Quote from Victor :well see if you go from Holland to Sunderland via the chunnel, then those 3-4 hours is peanuts

Wouldn't a ferry from Amsterdam to Newcastle make more sense?

Or are you trying to tell us that you've just bought a new Lotus or something?
iirc he has a nissan
must be those green tinted hollanderish glasses
For me it's not so much the karting event that's the event, i'm looking forward to the drive up there too! So why take a boat And if i go through the south of England, then i can pay a visit to some people as well.

If i wouldn't have to go alone, i would drive all around europe, just for fun. I enjoy every second behind the wheel, even if i'm in a jam

http://vic.lfs.net/pics/350z_1.jpg
Wow, that's one fancy car you have there, Victor! I've been thinking about going to the karting meet too, but I'm not sure if I really want to spend that much money on a trip to the uk.

LFS UK Karting Meet 2008
(926 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG