The online racing simulator
Well, I should be coming up the night before, but I would rather go up rather with someone else, or as a group type thing. I don't fancy driving all the way to Newcastle by myself, then arriving with my Southern Fairy Westcounty accent.

But at least I can be safe in the knowledge I have a person to meet when I arrive, even if it is Bob

What time were you planning to actually have the meet-up. I guess we will all be enjoying a lunch together? Because the actual event may start at 2/3pm with everyone meeting up at say 1-ish for lunch.
Well, once I ring the place this weekend I'll find out what they can do for us, how long it's likely to take and come to a decision on a start time, to give us a couple of hours to chat beforehand. Of course people can turn up early. At the same time I'll find out what Saturdays are available and stick a poll up.
So far.... i think its me, The General Lee and Ian.H coming from the south...

Any news on any of the Devs coming? Scawen only lives 26 mins from me according to google and the old lfs forum
im possibly coming ,im coming from very down south aswell , spain , in a car ,so leave like 3 days before .
Bob/Ben - sorry, do you want to move me to the "possibles" list? I drive LFS so infrequently at the moment I might've stopped coming here altogether by this summer.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Bob/Ben - sorry, do you want to move me to the "possibles" list? I drive LFS so infrequently at the moment I might've stopped coming here altogether by this summer.

:jawdrop:
The "current" list of people who would be able to tag along on this convoy if they so please are...

the_angry_angel
_Rob_
mcgas001
beefyman666 - Name not on the list though
Me

Maybe a few south-wales boyos could pop along, but I will make a thread nearer the date. Or even now-ish, if you'd prefer
Quote from The General Lee :The "current" list of people who would be able to tag along on this convoy if they so please are...

the_angry_angel
_Rob_
mcgas001
beefyman666 - Name not on the list though
Me

Maybe a few south-wales boyos could pop along, but I will make a thread nearer the date. Or even now-ish, if you'd prefer

Nice, Seems like this could turn out to be a good event
I'm definitely interested in this meet, had intentions of coming to the others! Only coming from Sheffield but I would be happy to pick people up en route if required etc.
Quote from mcgas001 :Nice, Seems like this could turn out to be a good event

Yea it should be. The good thing about coming up from the south is that people can join on the way up
Quote from The General Lee :Yea it should be. The good thing about coming up from the south is that people can join on the way up

yea, well like i say, on the proviso im driving by then(doing lessons now and booked test already) ill come, Even tho ive not been on this forum half as long as the rest of you. It will still be a good laugh if nothing else..
Quote from thisnameistaken :Bob/Ben - sorry, do you want to move me to the "possibles" list? I drive LFS so infrequently at the moment I might've stopped coming here altogether by this summer.

Well why would not playing LFS stop you from going?
Well it frees up a space for somebody else who is more active. Plus, to be honest - and this is strictly between you and me - I think most of the other people who are going are total arseholes.
Quote from thisnameistaken : I think most of the other people who are going are total arseholes.

Edit: and im fairly new here...
Quote from thisnameistaken :Well it frees up a space for somebody else who is more active. Plus, to be honest - and this is strictly between you and me - I think most of the other people who are going are total arseholes.

:cry:
Quote from thisnameistaken :Well it frees up a space for somebody else who is more active. Plus, to be honest - and this is strictly between you and me - I think most of the other people who are going are total arseholes.

Nah don't worry, I don't think I'm going

ya cheeky monkey! How come you know me so well...?
Quote from mcgas001 :
Any news on any of the Devs coming? Scawen only lives 26 mins from me according to google and the old lfs forum

Stalker...
-
(tristancliffe) DELETED by tristancliffe
-
(mcgas001) DELETED by mcgas001 : Tristan deleted his, mine now makes no sence..
Aye, sounds like it could turn into a huge bitchfest, not my scene, I am far too old for all that BS.
Quote from danowat :Aye, sounds like it could turn into a huge bitchfest, not my scene, I am far too old for all that BS.

Me either... But although the forum is full of bitches with ridiculous opinions, I take the optimistic view that people are usually a lot more circumspect in real life. Yeah, ok, I'm not... But I am very polite and thoughtful...

Which brings me to this: August is along way off, but since this is going to be an overnighter, does anyone local know of a venue that might be had for free? Upstairs room in a pub, church hall, whatever... Just thinking I could bring a dvd/screen/projector set up and programme some films.

Throw in a quick stop for a bulk purchase of alcohol and curry, and we could possibly spare ourselves heaving pubs dominated by an idiot-box, AND we wouldn't even have to speak to each other if we didn't want to...
Quote from danowat :Aye, sounds like it could turn into a huge bitchfest, not my scene, I am far too old for all that BS.

The last one was never a problem was fun to meet everyone in person =)

I don't see the big deal, fair enough if you guys are making judgements on people because you have already seen them face to face but how can you like/dislike someone so much from reading a bit of words on a forum? They may well be totally different than what their writing reveals here on the forum.

On a lighter side cmon people you know 'thisnameistaken' has a light sense of humour and his meanings should be taken lightly =) It'll be a fun day out if you want it to be.

I don't know what people feel about me but Dan I was hoping you would be going, your one of the more vocal people on the forum here and I was hoping to put a face to that name, ahhwell.

I will be going. I live near Oxford and willing to convoy up there. I am also willing to bring up to 4 passengers. It is a long ways off yet, hopefully I will do a mini get together for the Oxford area sometime sooner, nothing big, more like I am going on this date, meet me there if you want to gokart ad daytona type deal.
Quote from Viper93 :I will be going. I live near Oxford and willing to convoy up there.

Well, it looks like to will be stopping at Nottingham services. You can join the back of the Conga Line there
I reckon I'll still go, if just to knock some sodding heads together, that and the fact that taking the bike to Newcastle sounds like fun too .

LFS UK Karting Meet 2008
(926 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG