The online racing simulator
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Be sure to take some pictures!

picture's or it didnt happen

Assuming I'm available in August, I plan on coming along with the camera. If I get enough photographic work then it's possible I'll have saved up enough for a 70-200/2.8 (in non-photog speak, it's one of those big white professional lenses) which will enable some cracking shots. But even if I don't, I've got a decent cheapie telephoto zoom to fall back on.
so is this event still open for people joining? as im very interested although its a long way for me (hertfordshire :s)
Quote from GFresh :Still interested but cannot confirm yet.

Now you buggers have voted for the day my lift, ehem, i mean Dan, can't come, i cannot confirm 100% until i have another lift sorted.

Anyone passing by Coventry/Nuneaton?

We have a convoy coming up from the south west that isn't fully planned yet, but if you could get yourself to Solihull, you could get picked up from there. Nathan French is being picking up from there if he is still coming.
Cool, i could get to Solihul.
Quote from james_bskt :so is this event still open for people joining? as im very interested although its a long way for me (hertfordshire :s)

Yes, this event will remain open for people joining up until the point where there are 50 confirmed people (not including spectators), at which point there will be 25 teams, so there will be no more spare karts. TBH I'll be (pleasantly) surprised if there are more than 30 confirmed people when the time comes.

Although you'll only be 17 at the time which could cause transport problems, and would cut your evening short if you are planning to stay for the post race activities.
I'm gonna have to join the dirty dropouts list I'm afraid. Events have taken hold that will stop me having the money to be able to show up.
(For those that even care, I'm going to the US later this year to see significant other)
I am still interestsed, but cannot confirm yet. I hope to have a definate answer by the weekend at the latest, I will also confirm/or not the status of my team mates who have shown interest.

When does the deposit have to be paid by, what are the payment methods and is the rest paid on the day? Have there been any arrangements made/interest in finding somewhere to sleep? (not together).
Deposits, for those confirming initially, would need to be paid in a couple of weeks. Ther other 50% of the cost (or all of it for those not paying deposits) are to be paid on the day.

Payment on the day can be made however the center will accept money - I will ask. Deposits I will be forwarding, so that is either by cheque (made out to the center but posted to me), or if that is not possible, I will accept PayPal and then make out a suitably larger cheque.

I did link to some hotels somewhere in this thread - I will add those links to the first post.
Pop me on the interested list, because.... i'm interested.
Hiya Bob, got your pm. I have 5 hopefuls.

Jason Matthews - [SR] Turkey
Christian Tonge - [SR] Tongey
Mark Matthews - [SR] Mark
Keith Matthews - [SR] Keith
Kenneth Oaten - [SR] Kayjay

We are almost certain to make it but can we pay on the day?
Yes, so long as I can meet a sensible minimum number of people to confirm the booking with the center, I can add you all to the booking later. Given we've currently reached the heady figure of 4 confirmed attendees, having another 5 right now would be a big step closer to being a big enough group to book with, for the sake of ~£30 each. I'd appreciate anyone who can spare that cost in the next week or two being willing to do so, so I can actually book the event so this can all actually happen.
I can confirm that I will be attending Will be able to get a deposit over to you at the end of the month Bob
K my parents wouldn't let me come anyway i would pass for 16 though lol seeing as i'm 6"1 lol.
Hey

Put me down as "still interested but cant confirm yet".

I am very interested in going and seing you all, i just cant confirm anything atm due to family circumstances, but i will confirm whether i can come or not soon, just not right now.
I'd come but I don't like Karl

J/k, just don't have any extra £s to spend that's all
oh and sorry for /offtopic.. heh
put me down as cant confirm yet, deffinatly still interested, but cant confirm just yet.
No confirmation yet, but interested
Put me down as confirmed, I'll sort out a PayPal payment with you via PM.
I have absolutely no idea where I'll be in August so for now I think I'll have to be a dirty drop out, if I know what I'm doing nearer the time and happen to be somewhere further North I may change my intentions and at least come for a spectating/passing out session
I am very interested but unable to confirm yet. The key for me is getting a new car as at the moment I say a quiet thank you to the Good Lord everytime the old Pug gets me 15 miles to work every day.

Of course, I could fly or get the train. Would be great to meet up with Stoney, the SR boys and His Kringleness. I will start to think seriously about this.

Any motorsport on in the area to watch over the weekend?
I can't confirm for a long time so will drop out and make way for others. Sorry
Alex / Gavin - no problems, but so long as there are spaces, if you ever want to join in, I'll sign you back up.
Quote from ajp71 :I have absolutely no idea where I'll be in August

same here so its way too early for me to confirm at this point
Quote from Shotglass :same here so its way too early for me to confirm at this point

Well, if you don't have plans already, then don't make any

Thats what I'm doing
I'm a dirty dropout.

I'd love to go but can't make the time nor spare the money.

LFS UK Karting Meet 2008
(926 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG