The online racing simulator
Already posted above, but will repost.

If theres anyone travelling up fro mthe south east of England and looking at car sharing/train going, please PM as im intereste in going, just not travelling up by myself. I have a car, so am willing to petrol share, if not i may have to drop out as well
Myself and my brother, who also races LFS from time to time.

Have PM'ed you Bob for payment details.

Looking forward to it!

Cheers

Joe (I race on CTRA Single Seater 1 a LOT!)
Said but saying it again!

Make Pictures!!! Or it didnt happen!!
Okay, put me down as a definite. PM the details for payment please Bob. (Paying by cheque).

Ta
Quote from Storm_Cloud :Okay, put me down as a definite. PM the details for payment please Bob. (Paying by cheque).

Ta

Nice to see
Excellent, if Joe_Keaveney gets back to my PM that could well be 11 confirmed attendees. Still, getting people a lot slower than I had hoped. I'm happy to book the event when we reach 16 people confirmed (which I hope will be soon so we don't lose the date and have to start all over).

There'll be plenty of photos as we (potentially) have a few spectators who will no doubt take some snaps, plus since we are (hopefully) going to be a large group, the center is chucking in its photography deal in for free (so I should get some professional shots that I'll stick up on my site).
I'm afraid I'll have to miss this.

I'll certainly be down in Sussex at the time and, it being such a long way to travel, I can't really commit with any certainty.
I've now spoken with the karting center and I'll be getting a booking form (that will confirm initial numbers) on Saturday, so I need as many people as I can to be able to confirm by Friday (and then I'll start asking for deposits from you). From then on, I can add people in small groups when poeple are able to confirm and pay their deposits. There should still be the option for people to pay everything on the day but I'd like to keep that number as low as possible (so we know in advance how many people are coming).

Also I can confirm the start time of the event as being 13:00, and we have to be at the center for 12:30. I hope that time isn't too early for anyone but I don't really want to start things much later else we'll finish too late.

Once the booking is made, all that needs to be sorted is where people who will be arriving a bit earlier to meet up in the vicinity. I'll look into this but suggestions are welcome if anyone is familiar with the area.
Bump.

If I don't get enough people willing to pay a deposit soon, I may not be able to book this and have to knock the whole thing on the head. Which I'd rather not have to do.

I only need the deposits from (some of) you now, that's about £30. The rest of the money (your travel expenses, hotels, spending money, and so on), you have months to save up for. Everyone can't be that skint, surely?
How many more do you require, minimum?
I still cant do nothing, Sadly. Since passing my test i now have to get my car fixed up. Pay around £200 on the first insurance installment, Get an MOT and then TAX. Ill still try though.....
I think the karting center got all excited when I mentioned I had 50 people interested; but anyway, the number I make the initial booking for must be the minimum number of people that we are prepared to do the event with (taking a worst case scenario).

I was thinking 16 as a minimum (and hoping that figure would double by August), which means I need 5 more.
Come on people you know it will be a great day out. The first round of after race drinks is on me! Coke for the under 18's of course....emm that's the fizzy drinkable coke btw .
Sod it I'm, who do I make payment to I can only do paypal at the minute mind
I'm in the same boat as McGas and I am actually THAT skint Bob, I'm afraid mate.
Quote from The General Lee :I'm in the same boat as McGas and I am actually THAT skint Bob, I'm afraid mate.

This boat im in is gonna sink if we carry on this way
Bob, if you want my deposit just PM the details needed, prefer to use pay-pal, although whatever easier for yourself I'll do.

And to the others, step up to the plate. You'll never get over the image of a fat Scottish bloke (Me) sliding off in amusing manner.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :And to the others, step up to the plate. You'll never get over the image of a fat Scottish bloke (Me) sliding off in amusing manner.

I really, Seriously cant. If i had the money id give it to Bob now. I have so much to pay for though, i just have nothing...
Quote from mcgas001 :I really, Seriously cant. If i had the money id give it to Bob now. I have so much to pay for though, i just have nothing...

I wasn't meaning you mate. Cars are expensive enough to run these days you actually need a second mortgage....which is a problem if you haven't got the first yet!!!
Are they? I thought motoring had never been cheaper in real terms? Well, maybe a teeny bit more expensive that 5 years ago...
Quote from tristancliffe :Are they? I thought motoring had never been cheaper in real terms? Well, maybe a teeny bit more expensive that 5 years ago...

Maybe not when your driving an economical 1.8 mazda

Try driving a V12 brabus then tell me its not expensive.

I do agree with you though, its not terribly expensive but fuel is mad. Over a £1 a litre!

Apparently were meant to have a huge decrease in fuel price like a few years ago?

[sorry for offtopic ]
Cheaper to run a Brabus V12 these days than it would have been 20 years ago. Bigger numbers, lower cost.

We did. Fuel dropped from about 99p/litre to about 82p/litre, until last year when it rocketted again. But the cost increase isn't actually all that much REALLY. It just sounds a lot. I still put VPower in all our cars in an effort to save money though.
Quote from tristancliffe :I still put VPower in all our cars in an effort to save money though.

Does that acutally work? My driving instructor used that when i was on a lesson once.
Well, it explodes in my engine, so I think it works. If it stops working, I'll call the AA out.
Quote from tristancliffe :Well, it explodes in my engine, so I think it works. If it stops working, I'll call the AA out.

har har, you know what i mean - Does it save you any money..

LFS UK Karting Meet 2008
(926 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG