The online racing simulator
Yuk, lard?, griddle pan, thats the way to go for sausages
Lies lies lies!
Barbeque is the way forward. Nom nom nom.
As long as the sausages are crispy black when I put them in a roll, with a lot of HP brown sauce (you can take the "Daddy's" sauce and stick it....) then I do not care how they were cooked.
Quote from Dajmin :Lies lies lies!
Barbeque is the way forward. Nom nom nom.

I don't think BBQ is best for breakfast...too much faffing about.
I remember having a "currywurst" in Germany, and it was terrible, worst.......sausage.........ever
I am experimenting with sausages with different regions of late, i've done Lincolnshire and Worcestershire - but so far i've not found anything I could serve to a German without feeling national shame.

Maybe it's best you bring the sausages with you Shotglass

EDIT: We do however, have far better curries
Irish sausages? Not quite national, but often tasty.. Or how about some pork and apple sausages (any local butcher should do these)?
Quote from Bean0 :Heretic !!!!

Sausages should be fried, in lard.

I think the fried egg has to be done in Lard, surely
Quote from StableX :I think the fried egg has to be done in Lard, surely

It's an English breakfast, aka a Fry-up.
The only thing that should not be fried is the toast* and baked beans.

* - may be substituted with fried bread.
Boiled baked beans? Has the world gone health crazy? They deep-fry just fine, as do mars bars...
blazing saddles........ nuff said!

ok bob, no more changes or maybe-changes - I've booked my boat
Will arrive in Hull saturday morning really early. Then I guess an hour drive to the karting area - where can early arrivals meet?
Quote from Becky Rose :Maybe it's best you bring the sausages with you Shotglass

maybe i should... the worst bit is that the english breakfast sausages look decievingly like the ones from my home town yet have nothing in common tastewise
Cumberland suasages rule but only with mashed potatoes and onion gravy, not really a breakfast suasage though.
There's a hotel in Thirsk where they do 7 types of sausage, 8 types of mash and 9 types of gravy. Maybe you should stop in Thirsk on your way up - they have excellently nice sausages.
i'm gonna burn the ruddy things anyway, jeez you guys think just coz I got the milky bits imma good cook? You do realise i've set fire to my house before now doing cheese on toast right?
Quote from Becky Rose :You do realise i've set fire to my house before now doing cheese on toast right?

And isn't that the welsh national dish?
Quote from Becky Rose :i'm gonna burn the ruddy things anyway, jeez you guys think just coz I got the milky bits imma good cook? You do realise i've set fire to my house before now doing cheese on toast right?

I set fire to (somebody else's) house just toasting some almonds once - and I was working as a professional chef at the time.
Quote from Becky Rose :i'm gonna burn the ruddy things anyway, jeez you guys think just coz I got the milky bits imma good cook? You do realise i've set fire to my house before now doing cheese on toast right?

redecorated my kitchen a nice smokey black after a lengthy time at the local.......did'nt look too good right enough.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I set fire to (somebody else's) house just toasting some almonds once - and I was working as a professional chef at the time.

lol
Quote from Victor :Will arrive in Hull saturday morning really early. Then I guess an hour drive to the karting area - where can early arrivals meet?

What time are you expecting to get into the area? What time are you arriving at the docks? The pub is open from 11:30 but if you're thinking much earlier you'll likely get bored sitting in your car.

You're welcome to come to my place and then form a convoy on the way to the karting centre, although I live in little India so your car might stand out a bit.

Alternatively you could check out some of the local scenery, there's the Penshaw Monument, Joe's Pond, the North East Aircraft Museum is open from 10am, or maybe even take in the wonderous sights of the Nissan UK car manufacturing plant. All are within a 5 to 10 minute drive of the karting centre / the pub to meet at.
Shotglass and I aren't sure if we're arriving Friday night (if Shot is driving) or Saturday morning (if i'm driving). If it's the Saturday we'll be there reasonably early in order to recover from 4 hours in the car before karting.
is there going to be a video about this?
Quote from Bob Smith :What time are you expecting to get into the area? What time are you arriving at the docks? The pub is open from 11:30 but if you're thinking much earlier you'll likely get bored sitting in your car.

You're welcome to come to my place and then form a convoy on the way to the karting centre, although I live in little India so your car might stand out a bit.

Alternatively you could check out some of the local scenery, there's the Penshaw Monument, Joe's Pond, the North East Aircraft Museum is open from 10am, or maybe even take in the wonderous sights of the Nissan UK car manufacturing plant. All are within a 5 to 10 minute drive of the karting centre / the pub to meet at.

I'm thinking i'll be there around 9am.
Thanks for the tips, will think about it.

LFS UK Karting Meet 2008
(926 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG