The online racing simulator
All the way from Kazakhstan, eh, Will? I didn't realise Planet Online did Internet over there. Well, you learn something new everyday.

Back to reality, if there aren't too many drop outs by the time August comes round, the possibility of two man teams and a grid size of 20+ looks a strong possibility.
LFS Meet
Hi Bob
Thanks for mooting the idea but i'll be counting myself out.
I've just had an op and will not be travelling far for some months.
I did in fact, find the car seats a little on the snug side for my rear end last spring!!
No problem, I don't see this (next?) years event as being the last. If anything, response to the idea is the best yet.
Quote from Bob Smith :All the way from Kazakhstan, eh, Will? I didn't realise Planet Online did Internet over there. Well, you learn something new everyday.

yep!! planes are becoming more common by the day here, and the 2 events i came to were such fun i thought id make the trip over once more

lookin forward to it
yay so the person i want to punch most will be there as well
Quote from Bob Smith :Actually if you're coming from Holland on the boat, I don't think there is a closer karting track.

I think you have a crazy addiction me though, so you won't be allowed to come. I jest of course. I'll try and get some of team over.

I just mansioned it lol nothing scary about that i hope

BTW i love karting looking forward to gkick some as
Quote from Shotglass :yay so the person i want to punch most will be there as well

and ill get to put u thru a fence in real life aswell
The track is less than 30 mins drive for me so very tempted. Just discussing on drivenbypassion forums about getting a team entry
Cool. Loads of initial interest. This thread will probably drop off the radar for a bit soon and I'll bump it once I've got some info from the venue. Early days yet.
Yeah baby !!!
If it coincides with time off work and I can get a pass I'll be up for it
Quote from danowat :Yup, I am with you on this one Tristan, trails bike, yes, quad, no.

Worried you will be the third name on this list...

Ozzy Osbourne
Rick Mayall
You!
Unfortunately, that list is just the tip of the lettuce. So many people are killed or seriously injured on low powered, rental quads all over the world. There is no such thing as a safe quad, as the high CoG, narrow track, excess torque and crap suspension make them certain to fall over. A 400hp unicycle would be safer. Even if it was on fire.
You lowered the tone Tristan and ruined my big moment!

I'm not coming now...

Edit: Love the lettuce reference. Iceberg...Lettuce. I like what you did there. Never heard that before. I'll make a mental note to use it more in conversation!
Oh go on. I'll let you play on a quad!
Tha...

Wait a minute!

If they are sooo dangerous, how come it's fine for me to go on one
They're not dangerous at all. No really, you'll be fine...
LOL, Bob look what you started
I just might come over for this. Put me down as a possible.
Yep, Count me in...

Bloody Sunderland though.. care to pick Aberdeen ??? , Sunderland is only about 5 1/2 - 6 hours from Southampton !
I think my route isnt bad tbh, i gotta go on the M25 for a bit then its the M1 for about 130 miles
I will speak to the team, see if theres any interest from us SR guys.

It was great fun in 2006, and we have all karted a few times since then

However, I must admit, it's a bit of a drive from South Wales
Well I'm up for it, a weekend up North
I'm not that far from Cornwall! Don't you welsh complain about the distance

Quite a few coming from the S/W though, possible meet up at some services on M4/M5 somewhere and convoy?
Quote from jasonmatthews :Well I'm up for it, a weekend up North

Should be good to meet you in person matey

Quote from _Rob_ :Quite a few coming from the S/W though, possible meet up at some services on M4/M5 somewhere and convoy?

Definitely be up for some convoy action

From my house, teh Google(!) suggests M5>M42>A1.

Nearer the date, we will get a list of names then we can sort out the best place to meet, given where people are.

LFS UK Karting Meet 2008
(926 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG